Tour Edge Exotics 723 Fairways and Hybrids

Some E723 5 wood magic off the tee
6B41E7F7-80D7-4B5D-B4BB-97330A954CAB.png
60D43CAC-81D3-4273-A357-3B3627CD340C.png
02461F5D-B0A1-4C8A-B0CE-3AD532933651.png

I had some lack luster shots with it too, but that’s user error. Not the club’s fault

if anyone is itching for an easy launching, super forgiving, fun to hit wood in the bag, grab one of these!

Can’t argue with the distance. Wow!

Unfortunately life got in the way of sim session so had to push it back. Monday hoping for a range session to see how it goes.

Need to rebook my sim session as well

Can’t argue with the distance. Wow!
I’ve got some numbers for you based on the swing speed range you gave me..I’ll try to post tomorrow

Another good outing with the C723 5-Wood today. I'm really going to have to rethink the top of my bag, as I'm hitting this thing further than I expected. Love the sound and feel, as well as the Ventus Red 4T shaft. I'm going to have to give Tour Edge a call next week, and see if I can buy a Ventus Red 4T shaft for my E723 driver, as it might work well for it too.

Getting to be a bag of TEE, E723 Driver, C723 5-Wood, and C722 irons, and they have all earned their spots in the bag for the foreseeable future.

Bag of Tour Edge.jpg

Letting this thread down, still have not been able to swing this beautiful club in anger yet. Between work and car shopping I've had zero time

Played 54 holes the last couple days but have only hit the C723 5 wood a couple times. Turned one over a little to much into the trees, but had a nice GIR with it to make up for it.

I have hit the C723 5 hybrid a bunch and have hit several nice approach shots with it and it's gotten me out of trouble a couple times.

Random range session, forgot monitor so nothing recorded.

Stock setting was ok, draw to high draw but it could go bad. Switched the weights and flght was better bur didn't want to go straight.

Moved through first 4 settings to the same as driver (15*, upright lie) & it came alive.

Also felt it worked better with a more driver style setup with right shoulder down.

Interesting & not disappointed at all so far.

A good day with the C723 5-wood yesterday, three shots off the tee that all found the fairway, including one that probably shouldn't have (sometimes you get the good kick). Off the deck is always hit or miss for me, but when I put a good swing on the ball it goes pretty much dead straight, and nearly as long as my 3-wood. I really love the sound and feel of this one, it just feels hot off the face, with a sound that I've always liked with TEE fairways. Maybe it's the Ti face, because I've had several TEE fairways that have featured that, but whatever it is it sounds right to me, powerful, but not loud.

I still have the hosel set at the standard 18* Neutral setting, and will keep it there for today's round, but I think after that I'm going to turn it down to 16.5* to see how that works. I'm also playing it with the heavy weight in the back, which I will change sometime just to see how much of a change that makes for me.

A good day with the C723 5-wood yesterday, three shots off the tee that all found the fairway, including one that probably shouldn't have (sometimes you get the good kick). Off the deck is always hit or miss for me, but when I put a good swing on the ball it goes pretty much dead straight, and nearly as long as my 3-wood. I really love the sound and feel of this one, it just feels hot off the face, with a sound that I've always liked with TEE fairways. Maybe it's the Ti face, because I've had several TEE fairways that have featured that, but whatever it is it sounds right to me, powerful, but not loud.

I still have the hosel set at the standard 18* Neutral setting, and will keep it there for today's round, but I think after that I'm going to turn it down to 16.5* to see how that works. I'm also playing it with the heavy weight in the back, which I will change sometime just to see how much of a change that makes for me.
Fairway has always been a struggle for me with my swing, how are you finding a good swing thought to get the most of the club?
I noticed on my first go if I dropped my right shoulder similar to driver setup I was able to get a better swing and result. Also, for some reason my straightest shots where taking a bit of grass behind the ball, probably giving up yards tho

Fairway has always been a struggle for me with my swing, how are you finding a good swing thought to get the most of the club?
I noticed on my first go if I dropped my right shoulder similar to driver setup I was able to get a better swing and result. Also, for some reason my straightest shots where taking a bit of grass behind the ball, probably giving up yards tho
I've always struggled with fairways too, all long clubs except the driver really, especially off the deck. I kind of keep swing thoughts to a minimum, but concentrating on taking it back low and slow, and not rushing the transition is what has worked for me. Getting too quick at the top is a fault I fall into too often, causing a variety of bad results, and for me somehow making sure I take it away low and slow helps with that. 🤷‍♂️

Got home late last night from Florida. Four days of golf at the Baytowne Golf Club in San Destin, FL. Practice round and three days of tournament golf. The event is the Stone Mountain Invitational Golf Tournament which has a 58 year tradition and moves locations from year to year.

Play it down, putt it out, real golf.

Was the defending Champion from last year’s event and got off to a good start this year to play in the final group again. But was run down by one of the chasers behind us to finish runner up.

Waiting for me at home to open was a long box from Tour Edge containing the C723 13 degree 3 wood with the MCA Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff shaft that I ordered last Friday.

Can’t wait to get to the golf course to try it out. It is one of the best looking fairway woods I have ever seen! Hope it feels, sounds and performs as good as it looks.

Judge for yourself.
IMG_0239.jpeg
IMG_0240.jpeg
IMG_0241.jpeg
IMG_0242.jpeg

Time to start tinkering with the C723 5-wood. Played it again yesterday, two tee shots, both were well struck, one on a short par-4 that missed the fairway by about two feet, the other on a long par-3, 192 yds to the pin dead into the wind, needed to carry about 185 yds, but came up about a foot or two short, hitting the top of the lip and rolling back into the deep front right bunker. I was actually happy with both shots, even though the outcome of the second one kind of sucked ( I did get up and down for par from that bunker though). A few shots off the deck on the par-5s were my typical either really good, or really bad.

Next time out I'm going to turn it down to 16.5*, and if the course isn't busy and I can play around a little bit I might swap the weight positions too.

Simulator session last night, was able to get through 10 shots on each hosel setting with the heavy weight forward. Had enough time to do a set with the heavy weight back and in the same Upright - setting as the C723 driver.
Have the data, just need to clean it up before throwing it here for review.
Not sure if it was me, being on a mat or combination but majority of shots were draw to hook.
I started getting a more consistent setup, essentially inside left heel, swinging slower than I'd normally do for the backswing then accelerate through.
Have added to my ShotScope bag and am really unsure if I'm confident to use this weekend in my singles match play.

I've got some more reps in with the C723 5 Wood now. The added weight and different shaft have been really solid. Still have to work pretty hard to make it fade, but it's not going to be a hook if I hit it decently. I'm enjoying having a 5 wood in the bag enough that I'm pondering a 7 wood.

I'm really liking the Ventus Red 4T shaft in my 5-wood, so much that I'm going to get one for the E723 driver. I just called Tour Edge about ordering one, and they are out of stock until later this month.

The range was closed today so I just hopscotched around the course and hit multiple balls on the C723 13 degree 3 wood off the tee on 6 holes where driver can be too much. About 25 shots.

The C723 has a very solid feel off the face. A very muted sound.

Despite the same shaft and weight as in my driver the shaft felt a little stiff and the club felt a bit heavy. But it gave me the feeling that I could swing hard.

I was fighting a hook at first because I twisted my left knee this morning during my Stack System workout and wasn’t getting my lower body turning well. Then I loosened up a bit and also started to open the face a bit and was hitting a tight push draw.

Varying tee height allowed me to adjust trajectory.

Tried several different settings. My best results came with the neutral hosel setting and the heavier weight in the back.

This club is long. It is closer in yardage to my driver than I expected.

Did not try it off the turf today. I predict that off the tee it will be a weapon.

More to come.

Bad decision today, C723 in play, first singles match play. Wet all day, first use was playable but was more of a draw hook. Next use was flat out hard left hook which ended up on the backside of the green 2 holes before.
Luckily I was able to save par.
I think it's mostly in my head with this club (fairway, not the C723 model itself) as I've hit some nice range shots.
Try again tomorrow if they don't close the course as we're having so much rain here.

Yesterday after my round of golf I went back out on the course with the Tour Edge C723 13 degree 3 wood and hit some more tee shots and a few off the turf. Ten tee shots and 6 off the turf.

Off the tee this club is very strong.

Was getting a very consistent draw that with some more practice to gain confidence in its reliability I think could be really useful when playing a tight hole that requires that shot shape to avoid trouble with out having to lay back with a shorter club. There are three holes on my home course that would be a good fit for that tee shot.

Off the turf I discovered that I could still get the ball in the air if I hit down on the ball. With a more neutral sweeping type swing I got a lower penetrating type shot that ran like a scalded dog.

As I expected it was harder to hit off the turf than my Cobra LTDx 3 wood set at 16.5 degrees. But longer off the tee.

Still impressed with this hybrid after yesterday's round. I had an uphill shot out of moderate rough, 195ish that I had to fade around a few trees. I can struggle with the fade on command, and I'm a little gun-shy with hybrids as I can get the lefts. I caught this one crisp, and it bent around the trees nicely with the shot shape I envisioned. Unfortunately, it landed hole-high, just on the edge of the green, and kicked into the bunker. That said, I had no business trying this shot, but was very impressed with the slight workability it showed, and the ease of getting it out of the rough. The 2nd shot was a layup tee shot into an aggressive dog leg. Ball went high, straight as a string and finished at about 205.

Also, proforce v2 shaft feels like an upgrade from the tensei blue AV.

Weird day with the C723 5-wood yesterday, actually it was a weird day on the golf course in general. The weather was all over the place, I actually had to find a safe place out on the course to wait out a thunderstorm for about a half hour. There were also really gusty winds, off and on, and from all directions throughout a good part of the round.

Anyway, I turned the 5-wood down to 16.5*, from 18*, for the first time, and I was all over the place with it. My first shot with it was off the tee, and I thinned it into a hazard. This was on a par-5, so I took my drop, hit the 5-wood again, flushed it, but pushed it way right into the trees and had to wedge back out to the fairway. My next shot with it was off the deck on another par-5, and the same push right, then off the tee again, but this time I popped it up, center of the fairway, bu only about 160 yds out. :banghead:

Now this is on a day that I hit 7 of 9 fairways that I hit driver on (the E723 driver is fantastic), was hitting my irons really well, even with the wild weather, but obviously I could not put a good swing on the 5-wood for anything. That is until my last shot with it, another tee shot, I piped one right down the left side of the fairway, right on my intended line, and almost too far, 238 yds, stopping just 5 yds short of the hazard that keeps me from using driver on this hole. That is farther than I've ever hit my 15* 3-wood on this hole, and makes me wonder if this one might replace my 3-wood if I can hit it as consistently at 16.5* as I was at 18*.

Sunday round was canceled due to weather, gives me the week to try figure some more things out with this club.
Also have a couple of Xcaliber fairway shafts I need to put adapters on.

I’ve already said it multiple times and need to say it again.

The Tour Edge E723 7 wood has got to be the easiest club I’ve ever hit off the turf to make the ball launch high, go straight and land soft.

This is a legitimate golf cheat code club.

Go try one for yourself and see what happens.
Bet it puts a smile on your face!

Back