Thinking about a Tesla

Ok, and as a Mechanic I have seen several fires from leaking gas lines in Engine compartments. The Aluminum housing of these Batteries are tough, some double as an integral part of frame. It takes unique Circumstances to tear thru the housing and cause - and + to come into contact.

Did not intent to be harsh JB

I have been slowly looking at EV's and found out that many of them do not have spare tires, or even donuts, if you get a flat.

Most Cars do not nowadays. They will give you Fix a Flat in a can. Then your TPMS cloggs from the Fixaflat gu, they'll sell you a new one.
Some Cars like my BMW GT came with Run Flats. They are harsh Tires but can save your Bacon if you're in the Boonies and get a flat. I got rid of my Run Flats and put a Tire Pump and Mechanic's grade Tire Plug kit.
What will you use EV for, local and some Highway, or longer travels? Depending on which, you can easily get away with last Gen EVs that Charge slower but are being heavily discounted cuz everyone wants fast charging even though they might not need it. For example the Hyundai Kona will get you over 250 miles but will not charge very fast. 20-80% in 45 min.

I have been slowly looking at EV's and found out that many of them do not have spare tires, or even donuts, if you get a flat.

Weight savings. Less weight=increased mileage range

In my Tesla there's enough space in the trunk under the false floor to put an 18 inch space saver. You have to buy it yourself though.

I’m thinking about the new Model 3 Performance. It’s eligible for the $7,500 tax credit and is cheaper than the Long Range. Checks a lot of my boxes and I think I’m gonna stop by their store this weekend.

I’ve been wanting an EV to use up some of the solar power our house generates. Currently we kick back over half of what we generate back to the grid and we are not compensated equitably.

The Mrs and I are starting to flirt with the limits of the EV tax credit eligibility, so the time is right. Plus who doesn’t want 3 second 0-60 to scare their parents with.

I’m thinking about the new Model 3 Performance. It’s eligible for the $7,500 tax credit and is cheaper than the Long Range. Checks a lot of my boxes and I think I’m gonna stop by their store this weekend.

I’ve been wanting an EV to use up some of the solar power our house generates. Currently we kick back over half of what we generate back to the grid and we are not compensated equitably.

The Mrs and I are starting to flirt with the limits of the EV tax credit eligibility, so the time is right. Plus who doesn’t want 3 second 0-60 to scare their parents with.
Looked into Teslas when deciding on an EV and looked around and initially decided on used S. Thought about a 3 until I drove behind one on the Highway. You could see every little bump transmitted to body, poor choice on Shock metering on that Model. Didn’t get S due to chance on Batt troubles. With the kind of driving I was gonna do decided on 2020 Ioniq EV with 23000 miles. 17000 and change with full Warr. 2 months and I'm averaging 4.6 miles per KW. Drive 2 hrs on Freeway at what could have been 😉 80 and still got 3.6.
Extremely efficient car.

Mine was great until about 80k miles. The workmanship, and overall construction realllllly started to fall off hard around that mileage though. I had it in the shop alot for random things and the thing that worries me the most about Tesla is the future roadmap. I just don't feel like Elon Musk is near as interested in driving this company to success and future vs. his other companies which worries me from a service side.

It was a nightmare to get appointments, and you really are faced with a monopoly for any servicing of the vehicle.

Outside of that Wildcat ain't wrong, when it was working I've just never had a car that can compete in acceleration and just overall enjoyment of driving. I loved driving my Model S, but just wanted to offer another perspective. I had mine for about 3-4 years.

Got a test drive scheduled for Saturday. Unfortunately my local store doesn’t have the Model 3 Performance yet so we are gonna drive the Long Range and perhaps a Model Y Performance.

Hopefully I can convince the boss that we need 500+ hp for less money. My wife is the kind of gal that will pay more to get what she wants and part of me thinks she will prefer the Long Range without the spoiler. I’m gonna have to lobby for less money and a better car.

Got a test drive scheduled for Saturday. Unfortunately my local store doesn’t have the Model 3 Performance yet so we are gonna drive the Long Range and perhaps a Model Y Performance.

Hopefully I can convince the boss that we need 500+ hp for less money. My wife is the kind of gal that will pay more to get what she wants and part of me thinks she will prefer the Long Range without the spoiler. I’m gonna have to lobby for less money and a better car.
So how much did you cost her? 😀
The torque on the Teslas are just insane. I test drove a 2015 S 85D and loved the smooth ride and crazy torque at anything under 80. Would have bought it but it was throwing a Code that had the possibility of main Batt problems. Got this 6 months later and love it. It's NOT for long travels though at a peek of 48KW charge rate.17140434036436801248594374164279.jpg

Picked up a Model Y Long Range yesterday. A very different driving experience that I am loving so far. The acceleration is not something I am used to. Really smooth ride and comfortable. The boys are impressed with the fart sounds. Wife is terrified of the self-driving aspect. My old car was 11 years old, so this is a big upgrade for me.

Picked up a Model Y Long Range yesterday. A very different driving experience that I am loving so far. The acceleration is not something I am used to. Really smooth ride and comfortable. The boys are impressed with the fart sounds. Wife is terrified of the self-driving aspect. My old car was 11 years old, so this is a big upgrade for me.
It's like a really really fast golf cart

I really like FSD. I know they dropped the price but don't think I will buy but rent for $99/month when I have long trips.

Thinking about tesla stock

I really like FSD. I know they dropped the price but don't think I will buy but rent for $99/month when I have long trips.
It would be amazing for long trips. I would anticipate the cost will go down. I’m going to enjoy the 3 months we have but won’t be purchasing it as of now.

Did you have FSD and use it before cancelling? I feel like I would never use it. I used the enhanced autopilot when I first got it, but even that now gets rarely used.

Did you have FSD and use it before cancelling? I feel like I would never use it. I used the enhanced autopilot when I first got it, but even that now gets rarely used.
I tried the free month. Been using it and testing it all month.

The new model 3 performance has me tempted…. I need a new car.

The nanny features make it unbearable. I rarely use it

You need to put in aggressive mode.
It is. More the need to constantly shake the steering wheel and inability to look away for more than a second and lockdown if you accelerate past 85.

Back