Thinking about a Tesla

Trying to remember what @Doubleb21 told me about electric cars.. :unsure::unsure:

If your Main Panel is in Garage it's very simple to hard wire proper Outlet near Panel. That way you can purchase any type of Power Cable you want.
Even though I do not have EV yet I plan on installing one myself, since it would have positive effect when we sell our house in future.

Our main panel was close so only about 25 feet of copper and conduit. My electrician charged me $600 plus the $450 for the wall charger to add 48 amp charging. We can charge faster, about 58 miles per hour, at our lake place but that was a new build with 400 amp service to the house and the Tesla wall charger is on a 100 amp breaker.

My subpanel is in the garage and already had 220v with a plug 12 inches below the panel. Just upgraded the wiring, C/B, and plug. About $100. I got lucky.

I installed my own Tesla charger near a sub panel in my garage. If you have a good understanding of how your home electrical system works… panel capacity, circuit loads, wiring, etc… it can be a DIY thing. But as home DIY projects go, this one is no joke. You shouldn’t attempt without know-how and caution.

Home electrical isn’t some great mystery though. In most cases it’s pretty simple stuff.

Well, it's Saturday. I hope the car meets your expectations?

IMG_1714.jpeg

A bit of advice, do not pull the seats full forward and up to clean under them. You will crack your sunvisor mirror on the headrest. Ask me how I know (not my car in the first picture)?

1687643946941.png

My car from when I got it:
Lews Car Mirror1.jpg

Last edited:
Delivery took about 10 minutes if you don’t have update your phones software :LOL::LOL::LOL:

The whole Tesla buying adventure is a very different experience than what you may think of as a traditional car buying experience. I knew that from the moment we walked into the "showroom". I was expecting the usual large showroom with all the models on rotating pedestals 🤣, and a pushy sales person working on commission trying to get to you first....

Then you know how it goes... they shake your hand, ask your name... "would like a bottled water?..." Then proceed to tell you how great this car is, go ahead and sit in it... now let's take it for a test drive....

Instead...
You walk into a very sparse room... where you have to flag down an employee (I'm not even sure I would call them sales people). Then while you wait for a test drive you can choose to sit at one of two tables. Not even a lounger!! 🤣🤣🤣

After we left I asked @Wildcat4life "Did she even tell us her name?"

So yes... very different. But actually pleasant... it wasn't a stressful hard sell. Very leisurely energy at the place. PXL_20230624_193721306.jpgPXL_20230624_193656552.jpgPXL_20230624_193702713.jpg

Want to see the latest Tesla software, or what is coming, then this is for you. I check it every day. I am on 2023.7.20 at the moment. If you do not have FSD, then the latest is 2023.20.4.1.
Linky

1687705279248.png

For the price this car is just packed with features. Coming from a car with no features this thing is incredible

For the price this car is just packed with features. Coming from a car with no features this thing is incredible
A mate of mine criticised it for being too minimalist inside for a £50k car. I pointed out that your paying for the technology not the luxuries.

A mate of mine criticised it for being too minimalist inside for a £50k car. I pointed out that your paying for the technology not the luxuries.
Not sure of the conversion rate but with the $3,300 inventory reduction and $7,500 federal tax credit, this car comes in at $32,500

It is a great price but I just can't deal with no info behind Steering wheel. Might pick up used S depending on how many Manufacturers start using Super Charging.

@Wildcat4life, Any updates on your purchase? Hopefully all is good and with a smile. :)

Back