Thinking about a Tesla

Google “Tesla reliability” always near the bottom of all auto manufacturers. That’s enough for me to say no

Google “Tesla reliability” always near the bottom of all auto manufacturers. That’s enough for me to say no
I appreciate the thought but not sure

9873343C-5BD2-49C4-BF78-EFC080534777.jpeg

Update: Test drive was really fun. Had my specs in inventory so another 3k off. Pulled the trigger

Dealership is totally different. Can’t really look at cars unless you test drive. There is no haggling on price. You complete the paperwork on the app, take possession on your own time.

Also wanted to look at Ionic 6 but none available at dealership

I'm looking forward to your reviews!!!

Dealership is totally different. Can’t really look at cars unless you test drive. There is no haggling on price. You complete the paperwork on the app, take possession on your own time.

Also wanted to look at Ionic 6 but none available at dealership
Jim Click Hyundai Eastside has 4 Ioniq 6 on lot. Looked at them yesterday.

Can you share final price? I have test drive on Friday.
W/o tax it will be less than $40k bc in inventory. 32.5 with eligible tax credit. But more with wall charger and installation

My experience: The dealership does not care if you’re there. A lot of people there and only two sales reps. The wait time might vary even if you have an appt. Honestly there was a 30 second tutorial and a have fun before the test drive. No time limit discussed just have fun. No features or benefits…. Just have fun. When you get back…. Give the key to the rep. No sales pitch no feedback. Again I had to find out sales rep to go over next steps. There’s really no price negotiations. And they want you out of there… they told me I could fill out all the docs at home. I loved it. ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Our sales rep was very cool. Mobile charger ..,, No it’s a waste of money. Only available demo is the performance model 3…..I wouldn’t recommend bc you will fall in love and cost you a lot more money. When can I pick up the car…. really up to you but available tomorrow.

Least pressure sales I’ve ever experienced. I had to wait 15 minutes after test driving to see her again to ask about next steps.

Congrats!

If you're the type of person that cares about weird panel gaps for other blemishes on a new car, be careful not to acknowledge receipt of the car at the Tesla store before you inspect it. Go in the daytime. Some people obsess over weird panel gaps and paint issues. If you aren't cool with uneven parts, it's important to know that some misaligned panel gaps can't be fixed. Most of the gap differences can be solved by a bit of manual tweaking. But some gaps aren't assembly problems, they're manufacturing defects.

If you don't like something on your car, tell them to fix it and walk away without acknowledging receipt. Be nice though and let them know you'll come pick it up when the problem is fixed. I didn't do that when I received my 2022 Y. I assumed the unevenness of the rear hatch could be adjusted away, took possession of the car, and scheduled an appointment at a later date to fix it. They couldn't fix it. Tesla also doesn't care. Your only leverage is not acknowledging receipt.

Congrats!

If you're the type of person that cares about weird panel gaps for other blemishes on a new car, be careful not to acknowledge receipt of the car at the Tesla store before you inspect it. Go in the daytime. Some people obsess over weird panel gaps and paint issues. If you aren't cool with uneven parts, it's important to know that some misaligned panel gaps can't be fixed. Most of the gap differences can be solved by a bit of manual tweaking. But some gaps aren't assembly problems, they're manufacturing defects.

If you don't like something on your car, tell them to fix it and walk away without acknowledging receipt. Be nice though and let them know you'll come pick it up when the problem is fixed. I didn't do that when I received my 2022 Y. I assumed the unevenness of the rear hatch could be adjusted away, took possession of the car, and scheduled an appointment at a later date to fix it. They couldn't fix it. Tesla also doesn't care. Your only leverage is not acknowledging receipt.
I’ve heard that and will be very aware. From the YouTube videos as long as you let them know they will take care of it

Our sales rep was very cool. Mobile charger ..,, No it’s a waste of money. Only available demo is the performance model 3…..I wouldn’t recommend bc you will fall in love and cost you a lot more money. When can I pick up the car…. really up to you but available tomorrow.

Least pressure sales I’ve ever experienced. I had to wait 15 minutes after test driving to see her again to ask about next steps.
I intentionally declined test driving the performance when i got mine a few years ago for that exact reason. I knew I’d want it if I drove it.

It is a pretty great buying experience. No wasting time in the dealership negotiating so it’s purely just a matter of deciding whether you like the car or not.

I’ve heard that and will be very aware. From the YouTube videos as long as you let them know they will take care of it
With both of ours, we took pictures of everything and had no issues getting them addressed. Some stuff we were just being super picky and were within tolerance so nothing done, others they fixed without any fuss. All the sales rep suggested was for cosmetic stuff, try to submit it asap so there’s no question about where it came from (eg., before delivery vs. under your ownership). I’ve never had an issue dealing with the service center so far *knock on wood*…always been able to get loaners, fairly quick turnaround time on any fixes, etc.

Funny you talk about don't Test Drive with more power...it's so true.
Wife was pregnant with Twins so we looked at larger safer Vehicles. Test drove 2 Volvo Wagens, same 5 cyl but one had Turbo. Guess which one we bought. 😀
What a great car.

Our sales rep was very cool. Mobile charger ..,, No it’s a waste of money.
I only use my mobile charger when traveling to a relatives house, or when waiting for my home charger to be installed. For these reasons, I think it is way worth it. I keep it in my frunk just in case. Oh, congrats on the purchase. (y)

My experience: The dealership does not care if you’re there. A lot of people there and only two sales reps. The wait time might vary even if you have an appt. Honestly there was a 30 second tutorial and a have fun before the test drive. No time limit discussed just have fun. No features or benefits…. Just have fun. When you get back…. Give the key to the rep. No sales pitch no feedback. Again I had to find out sales rep to go over next steps. There’s really no price negotiations. And they want you out of there… they told me I could fill out all the docs at home. I loved it. ❤❤❤❤

Sounds like you had a great buying experience, congrats! You will love your new Tesla, they have the highest ownership satisfaction from multiple sites that track such things. After over 8 years and 143k miles with ours, I’m amazed at how reliable it continues to be and the acceleration/performance still puts a smile on my face each time I drive it. On the rare occasions I've needed service, it's usually done by a mobile tech in my garage or driveway. It's only been to the dealer for maintenace or service three times ever and one of those was for brakes at 108k miles.
I’m planning on driving mine another 5+ years and/or selling it to our adult son.

Last edited:
My experience: The dealership does not care if you’re there. A lot of people there and only two sales reps. The wait time might vary even if you have an appt. Honestly there was a 30 second tutorial and a have fun before the test drive. No time limit discussed just have fun. No features or benefits…. Just have fun. When you get back…. Give the key to the rep. No sales pitch no feedback. Again I had to find out sales rep to go over next steps. There’s really no price negotiations. And they want you out of there… they told me I could fill out all the docs at home. I loved it. ❤️❤️❤️❤️
Been getting texts from Sarai asking if I have any questions before the test drive. I appreciate all the information!

Also one thing to note. The refund is a tax credit not a tax refund. You will have to change your federal tax withholding for the remainder of the year

I bought my used Tesla direct so the buying experience was similar to buying new and was a real selling point vs conventional dealerships.

When I bought mine used models bought direct were all coming with FSD. It’s improved on city streets even since I got it 9 months ago but is still little more than a party trick practically. Autopilot on highways and similar roads is a godsend on long drives. There are rare quirks with it but I feel legitimately safer on road trips and more refreshed when I arrive. I believe Ford and GM have similar tech available on both EVs and ICE cars now too.

Wall charger installed. Picking up the car tomorrow.

Expect to play more for installation than quotes. Extra materials and breakers. But I’m still excited

Wall charger installed. Picking up the car tomorrow.

Expect to play more for installation than quotes. Extra materials and breakers. But I’m still excited
Good info, thanks. About $2K? My builder put electrical box on opposite of the house from the garage. So I expect added cost. Enjoy your new car!

Good info, thanks. About $2K? My builder put electrical box on opposite of the house from the garage. So I expect added cost. Enjoy your new car!
It’s basically where your breaker box is to get inside the house. Then $25/ft to final placement

Did you enjoy the test drive?

If your Main Panel is in Garage it's very simple to hard wire proper Outlet near Panel. That way you can purchase any type of Power Cable you want.
Even though I do not have EV yet I plan on installing one myself, since it would have positive effect when we sell our house in future.

Back