The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want gruden to be the coach of the cowboys, he would beat romo and that offensive line to death until they figured it out.

yeah, I could prob agree with that....but Fox is about to turn the Panthers into the worst team ever

Until Al Davis turns a new leaf or keels over (whichever comes first, odds are the latter), I still hold that distinction to the silver and black.

I can't believe they are as bad as they are. That Oline looked promising along with Moores end to last season.

Their defense took a hit with the loss of Peppers. He is a man beast. I'm a fanboy now.
yeah, I could prob agree with that....but Fox is about to turn the Panthers into the worst team ever

Until Al Davis turns a new leaf or keels over (whichever comes first, odds are the latter), I still hold that distinction to the silver and black.

Oakland looks promising this year though, as far as all time, maybe because Carolina has only had a team for 14 years. ha

I can't believe they are as bad as they are. That Oline looked promising along with Moores end to last season.

Their defense took a hit with the loss of Peppers. He is a man beast. I'm a fanboy now.

yeah yeah yeah, you always have to bring up Peppers, the man beast!

I dyed my hair and I'm growing a Peppers beard.
Oakland looks promising this year though, as far as all time, maybe because Carolina has only had a team for 14 years. ha

yeah yeah yeah, you always have to bring up Peppers, the man beast!

+1 he's got a home there....but it will be all about what control he gets. which you know won't happen in Dallas.

Agreed. Cowher in Dallas is a mismatch for both. Jones wants a puppet, and that's the last situation Cowher will take.

There was talk of him going to the Giants, but I'm not convinced that Coughlin is going to get fired this year.

Lol. But Tom Brady has hair like a girl.

Dude, when you have women swoon over you like these two...

tom_brady_gisele_bundchen_bridget_moynahan_1.jpg

You can have hair like this...

tom_brady--300x300.jpg

or even this...

randy-moss.jpg

and it wouldn't matter, because he goes home to this...

Gisele+Bundchen.jpg

Thats my game too. Girls love guys who can hit any palm tree, all day everyday.

Go Bears!

I know all about his ties to Carolina, because I live here (NC) too, but if he wants to go somewhere and have a chance at winning, and have a boat load of money dropped in his lap. that is not Varolina, it is Dallas.

I want gruden to be the coach of the cowboys, he would beat romo and that offensive line to death until they figured it out.

I wouldn't mind Gruden either. They just need someone that can instill some discipline in that team.

Umm and you want Gruden for discipline?

I wouldn't mind Gruden either. They just need someone that can instill some discipline in that team.

What's the point when you have someone over your head that can overrule every decision you make? In order for discipline to work the coach needs to have authority and organizational harmony. You can't have someone above you undermine your authority. (ex. Bill Parcells)

I know this because it's the same as having kids... you can't be a disciplinarian and the other be a softie because the softie will always be the one that the player or kid runs too when they want something. Both parents need to be on the same page, just like an owner and a coach.

The players just walk all over Wade Phillips. They need someone that will be tough with them, and that is actually a good coach. All of these ridiculous penalties are directly the result of bad coaching. Quite frankly I would have a little more respect for Wade Phillips if he would cut Martellus Bennett. Do something to show that if you don't work hard and play to your potential that there will be consequences, but he is too much of a wimp to do it, and that is why he needs to be gone.

play to your potential that there will be consequences, but he is too much of a wimp to do it, and that is why he needs to be gone.

I can think of a few other Cowboys that are not playing to their potential. And its not Wade's job to hire and fire. At least not solely.

The players just walk all over Wade Phillips. They need someone that will be tough with them, and that is actually a good coach. All of these ridiculous penalties are directly the result of bad coaching. Quite frankly I would have a little more respect for Wade Phillips if he would cut Martellus Bennett. Do something to show that if you don't work hard and play to your potential that there will be consequences, but he is too much of a wimp to do it, and that is why he needs to be gone.

That would be the perfect world but Wade has 0 authority to do anything with that roster. Jerry pulls the strings at the end of the day and that's the reason why two coaches that wanted control (JJ and Parcells) end up leaving. No matter what Jerry says to the media about succumbing control it'll always be his call and that's why the Boys and the Raiders have a hard time finding that coach that can run the ship like it's supposed to. Whoever the next coach is they need to be ok with that type of organization.

I think Jerry Jones is as much to blame as anyone. he facilitates the players behavior by treating them like undeserving superstars and Jerry makes the personell decisions.

Bill Parcels has a famous quote... ""They want you to cook the dinner, at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries.""... Jerry is doing all the shopping and then some... Wade couldn't act tough if he wanted too.

And I know I going to piss off some Cowboy fans with this one, but why isn't Romo getting any of the blame for the Cowboys shortcomings?

They cast off Julius Jones, they made coaching changes, changes to the offensive line, retooled on defense, shipped out T.O. like he was the main reason holding Romo back and brought in R. Williams and drafted D. Bryant... they even changed kickers... and yet they continue to come up short. And the only constant in that whole equation is Tony Romo...

They always blame the losses on everyone and everything but him... By no means am I calling him a bum. He is in top 3rd of QB's in the league IMO, and he has great stats... but it seems like they are only going to go so far with him running the show...

This was on Shiancoe's Twitter page: Good to see that @Sidney Rice no longer needs crutches...can't wait to get him back on the field.

Looks like Rice's hip checked out ok with the doctor. Still should be a few weeks, but sounds like things are ok

Favre should take a picture to prove this....
This was on Shiancoe's Twitter page: Good to see that @Sidney Rice no longer needs crutches...can't wait to get him back on the field.

Looks like Rice's hip checked out ok with the doctor. Still should be a few weeks, but sounds like things are ok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back