The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta go with ddec on this one. ATL seems to be the cream of the crop (at least until they can figure out how to double cover Roddy White). I never really believed in Chicago and I think Eli is falling in love with Hakeem (I think they should double cover him too). Like I said in my previous post, nothing scary.

Out of curiosity who the heck are these AFC Elite taht are so scary?

The Jets? Anybody can beat them on any given Sunday because their QB stinks right now. Strictly managing games and their deep threat cant catch a cold (as he proved again last night). They wont be there at the end. The Ravens? Again nice record, but like the Jets, they cant come back from being down by much. And both of those teams CAN get down. Pitt seems to be teh best, but nobody knows what to expect when Big Rapistburger gets back.

The AFC may have better records right now and some nasty Defenses, but I dont trust the Ravens or the Jets because of QB play at the highest level.

The Jets? Anybody can beat them on any given Sunday because their QB stinks right now. Strictly managing games and their deep threat cant catch a cold (as he proved again last night). They wont be there at the end. The Ravens? Again nice record, but like the Jets, they cant come back from being down by much. And both of those teams CAN get down. Pitt seems to be teh best, but nobody knows what to expect when Big Rapistburger gets back.

The AFC may have better records right now and some nasty Defenses, but I dont trust the Ravens or the Jets because of QB play at the highest level.

I don't think there is a clear #1 team out there right now. I think as of right now ATL in the NFC and Pittsburgh in the AFC. Granted Pitt hasn't had their QB for 4 games.

my rooting interests aside, I don't think Sanchez "stinks." Ryan Fitzpatrick? He stinks. Sanchez? Good not great QB. That was Holmes' first time playing since the final pre-season game so he was rusty. If anything I'd worry about Revis not being able to stay healthy after his holdout caused him to become gumby legs. They'll make the playoffs but I still think that my pre-season pick of the Ravens will be there at the end.

Chicago is gonna stomp a mudhole in the NFC North. Julius Peppers is a scary man right now. SCARY. So much for him taking plays off.

I did really bag on Cutler but a concussion is not a simple injury. I'm sure we have all had one and I don't think any of us would be efficient in running an offense. I don't think he got the concussion towards the end of the second half but I believe it happened much sooner. Like sometime last year in the first Packers game. Martz is a putz and we don't have the personel to run his offense up front.

Anyway, the Saints look like crap to be honest. Watch Drew Brees run that offense and its not the same. They couldnt run that stupid dump off for 20 yards a pop right now if they had too.

I wish I knew everyone's team but I don't. So Ill just say this. THEY ALL SUCK. lol. Only real team out there is the 49'ers. Not that I get defensive when people bag on the Bears. Shoot. haha.

That's why its fun though. It's supposed to be like that!
FLTC tries to stay out of the NFL, FF, SLUMPBUSTER BOWL, OTHER FF, COLLEGE FOOTBALL, OTHER NFL threads as much as possible. feelings get hurt.

my rooting interests aside, I don't think Sanchez "stinks." Ryan Fitzpatrick? He stinks. Sanchez? Good not great QB. That was Holmes' first time playing since the final pre-season game so he was rusty. If anything I'd worry about Revis not being able to stay healthy after his holdout caused him to become gumby legs. They'll make the playoffs but I still think that my pre-season pick of the Ravens will be there at the end.

Im not so sure I would agree with that. Sanchez can manage, not win. Fitzpatrick is merely a backup QB (normally), not the face of a franchise and predicted to be a golden boy. He has shown nothing (to me) that says he is anywhere near there yet. Can you imagine watching that team play if he had to make big plays (via passing) to win. If they get behind for whatever reason, they are in trouble. As for Revis, its not worth it. Im the only guy out there that thought he was overrated. He had some incredible games for ONE year. Got paid big bucks, been hurt, yet it hasnt hurt his mouth. I love him talking and talking and talking and then covered Harvin instead of Moss last night. Last I checked, Harvin shredded him too. Revis Island looks like a tropical paradise where WR go on vacation to rack up stats.

Revis is no Zach Bowman that's for sure.

But I know you don't like Braylon as a WR... Hasn't he been stretching that field some? He can't catch a photograph of Favre but he is doing what he needs to do.
Im not so sure I would agree with that. Sanchez can manage, not win. Fitzpatrick is merely a backup QB (normally), not the face of a franchise and predicted to be a golden boy. He has shown nothing (to me) that says he is anywhere near there yet. Can you imagine watching that team play if he had to make big plays (via passing) to win. If they get behind for whatever reason, they are in trouble. As for Revis, its not worth it. Im the only guy out there that thought he was overrated. He had some incredible games for ONE year. Got paid big bucks, been hurt, yet it hasnt hurt his mouth. I love him talking and talking and talking and then covered Harvin instead of Moss last night. Last I checked, Harvin shredded him too. Revis Island looks like a tropical paradise where WR go on vacation to rack up stats.

Im pretty sure a lot of people have said romo is at fault, did you not see any of it in this thread? Sure the coaches get blamed for the penalties but romo has been blamed a lot in here. You sure your reading the same NFL thread as me? lol

The part in bold I find confusing, everyone I know always blames romo, especially here in Texas.

I think once again, you may want to read this thread. Sure there are millions of Romo lovers. Heck we got a few here that just do not see that his shortcomings are costing them games. But many here are realists and have noted that. This last game he had not one, but two chances to drive down the field and win the game and BOTH times his bad decisions led them to a loss.

between the club houses after a round or local (chicago) sports barsI'm at practially everyday, radio talk shows and what I've seen on NFL analysis programs, the concensus I keep hearing is that they don't run the ball enough or the D needs to step up. Even when they go to fault Romo, they always find a way to deflect it on the O-line not protecting or the play calling because they aren't running the ball.

Revis is no Zach Bowman that's for sure.

But I know you don't like Braylon as a WR... Hasn't he been stretching that field some? He can't catch a photograph of Favre but he is doing what he needs to do.

You still have to catch. Did you watch that game last night. My favorite is the one that hit him square in the numbers.

between the club houses after a round or local (chicago) sports barsI'm at practially everyday, radio talk shows and what I've seen on NFL analysis programs, the concensus I keep hearing is that they don't run the ball enough or the D needs to step up. Even when they go to fault Romo, they always find a way to deflect it on the O-line not protecting or the play calling because they aren't running the ball.

While that may be true, this thread says otherwise (except for the few Romo lovers on here, most are realists)

Lol. Yeah. If its the catch Im thinking then yeah mine too. But all I'm saying is he puts a threat out there. With Santonio back you have someone who can catch. I'm really surprised with some of the balls DIrty throws he doesnt have tons of picks.
You still have to catch. Did you watch that game last night. My favorite is the one that hit him square in the numbers.

While that may be true, this thread says otherwise (except for the few Romo lovers on here, most are realists)

Lol. Yeah. If its the catch Im thinking then yeah mine too. But all I'm saying is he puts a threat out there. With Santonio back you have someone who can catch. I'm really surprised with some of the balls DIrty throws he doesnt have tons of picks.

Its hard to intercept a quail that is only thrown to the out...hehe

Last year I was cringing at the thought of Sanchez making plays to win but this year with all the options he has there are single coverage opps galore for him. Plus LT is a big help as long as they don't over work him early and Greene finally figured out how to hold the football . Revis should no way have been on Harvin at all coming off an injury and he needs to shut up until he can stay healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last year I was cringing at the thought of Sanchez making plays to win but this year with all the options he has there are single coverage opps galore for him. Plus LT is a big help as long as they don't over work him early and Greene finally figured out how to hold the football . Revis should no way have been on Harvin at all coming off an injury and he needs to shut up until he can stay healthy.

Options.
1. A drug problem
2. Attitude and greased hands
3. TE named Dustin cannot win games
4. LT has never won anything
5. Any WR that rhymes with Crotch is not the answer

I think they are a good team. Just not a great team yet.

Romo isnt very well liked here dont get me wrong a lot of people like him but some are tired of it. Of course none of the local news guys or other local guys are going to take major shots at romo on air because they will never hear the end of it because romo is the "face" of the team. Michale Irvin and Deion Sanders take shots at romo a lot, so do the guys on espn. You wont here many local news people taking direct shots at players on TV. But I did happen to find a couple of quotes from 2 local reporters in one of the dallas papers.

They lost the turnover battle 3-0, including three second-half interceptions by QB Tony Romo, one of which basically handed Tennessee a touchdown. And I probably need to mention that I had two Cowboys players tell me Sunday that they were sick of a certain QB getting a free pass "from coaches and from you frauds in the media."

Here is another quote from a local reporter.

*- Romo does need blame for yesterday. Since my comments on the blog right after the game, I went back and studied all of his throws again. While Martellus does need to come down with that 1st interception at the goal-line, as it hit both of his hands, there is no reason to force that ball into coverage on 1st down. He missed Dez Bryant for a Touchdown on the 1st drive of the game. Also, Dez Bryant broke up a very dangerous near-interception near the Dallas 20 yard line in the 3rd Quarter. And we shouldn't forget another pick that was reviewed and ruled to have hit the ground. Too many dangerous throws mixed in for my tastes. For whatever reason, the Cowboys are getting better QB play from Romo on the road recently, and he needs to make better decisions at Cowboys Stadium. I said he wasn't that bad yesterday, but after further review, I might give him a "C" or a "C-" for the game.

So what your saying might be going on in Chicago but here where the cowboys play, its different.

Sounds like every other team out there. Hehe

They are definitely not a great team. Good but not great. But I think that in today's NFL you can be good and make the Super Bowl, maybe even win it

Sounds like every other team out there. Hehe

They are definitely not a great team. Good but not great. But I think that in today's NFL you can be good and make the Super Bowl, maybe even win it

Maybe. But they go 0-for far too often in the redzone. Again last night.

Interesting stat I saw today, Dirty Sanchez is the only starting QB in the NFL who has started all his teams games and NOT thrown an INT. Who would have thought

Not to say that there is one dominant force in the AFC but there just seems to be a discrepancy in the "balance of power". Granted the best looking teams right now (in both conferences) have some common denominators (running game, great defense). And it seems (other than maybe ATL) those teams are struggling a bit with some QB inconsistencies which I think is to be expected through out a season. I think that's why most folks think this year, so far, looks like a toss up. TH, I agree with you in that, barring injury, the Ravens are someone to look at as well as the Steelers. I think Atlanta looks good just because they are probably the one team out there that has seemed to avoid the big injury bug so early. But no one has been dominant like in other years.

So is parity good or are people looking for that one dominant force like in previous years?

Interesting stat I saw today, Dirty Sanchez is the only starting QB in the NFL who has started all his teams games and NOT thrown an INT. Who would have thought

Sure does. 8 TD's and 0 Int. Of course he is only averaging about 175 yards per game (going off memory here). 6 YPA means that most of them are dump offs. Nothing wrong with that as even Trent Dilfer won a superbowl with a great defense. But like I said before, in today's NFL of penalties and higher scores, you need to be able to come back from being down by 2 scores. And going 0 for the redzone again will not get it done. Strictly my opinion of course.

I like having it up for grabs. No one dominant team. I love it. Competition is good for the league.

All I can say is WOW! The Vikings sold their soul, but the Eagles did not? I mean HELLO, Mike Vick????????

He did his time, and so far seems reformed. He also doesn't run the show there, aka showing up to camp when he feels like it, taking days off, etc. The guy is a POS and hopefully he makes better decisions in the future. As I said, he did his time..he deserves a second chance.

Ray Lewis murdered someone in all likelihood, and Donte Stallworth DEFINATELY murdered someone, and neither of them did time. There are plenty of worse people playing in the NFL.

Sorry for the late resonse...busy day at work

what vodka are you using for your bloody mary this morning? please pass it down....

They wouldn't have lost to the Packers in all likelihood, and they definately wouldn't have lost to Washington. Is that invalid?

He did his time, and so far seems reformed. He also doesn't run the show there, aka showing up to camp when he feels like it, taking days off, etc. The guy is a POS and hopefully he makes better decisions in the future. As I said, he did his time..he deserves a second chance.

Ray Lewis murdered someone in all likelihood, and Donte Stallworth DEFINATELY murdered someone, and neither of them did time. There are plenty of worse people playing in the NFL.

Sorry for the late resonse...busy day at work

Comparing ANY of those to what you said about Brett Favre is way over the top in my opinion. Saying the Vikings sold their soul for Favre and saying the Eagles didnt in Vick is kind of sickening. Sure the guy did his time, that does not make him a good person. Does he deserve a 2nd chance? In life? Yes. In the NFL? Depends on who you ask. Im a big believer in second chances, but sorry, the EAGLES are the ones that are selling their souls, NOT the Vikings in the truest sense.

As for the other two, Ray Lewis did NOT murder someone. He was with people when someone was killed. While I dont condone that behavior clearly, that is very different. And Donte Stallworth also did NOT murder someone. He committed a crime and he too did his time despite it not being jail time. But the facts of that case are what they are and frankly most in the courts agreed with his sentence.

Im not condoning any of their behavior, and have been with most of the guys during these times. But there is NO comparison between signing Vick and signing of Favre. One is a criminal that lied repeatedly about a multitude of things including killing animals and the other is a selfish contract hold out. Not really the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back