The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I know I going to piss off some Cowboy fans with this one, but why isn't Romo getting any of the blame for the Cowboys shortcomings?

They cast off Julius Jones, they made coaching changes, changes to the offensive line, retooled on defense, shipped out T.O. like he was the main reason holding Romo back and brought in R. Williams and drafted D. Bryant... they even changed kickers... and yet they continue to come up short. And the only constant in that whole equation is Tony Romo...

They always blame the losses on everyone and everything but him... By no means am I calling him a bum. He is in top 3rd of QB's in the league IMO, and he has great stats... but it seems like they are only going to go so far with him running the show...

Im pretty sure a lot of people have said romo is at fault, did you not see any of it in this thread? Sure the coaches get blamed for the penalties but romo has been blamed a lot in here. You sure your reading the same NFL thread as me? lol

The part in bold I find confusing, everyone I know always blames romo, especially here in Texas.

Romo IS to blame.

Haha.
Im pretty sure a lot of people have said romo is at fault, did you not see any of it in this thread? Sure the coaches get blamed for the penalties but romo has been blamed a lot in here. You sure your reading the same NFL thread as me? lol

And I know I going to piss off some Cowboy fans with this one, but why isn't Romo getting any of the blame for the Cowboys shortcomings?

They cast off Julius Jones, they made coaching changes, changes to the offensive line, retooled on defense, shipped out T.O. like he was the main reason holding Romo back and brought in R. Williams and drafted D. Bryant... they even changed kickers... and yet they continue to come up short. And the only constant in that whole equation is Tony Romo...

They always blame the losses on everyone and everything but him... By no means am I calling him a bum. He is in top 3rd of QB's in the league IMO, and he has great stats... but it seems like they are only going to go so far with him running the show...

I think once again, you may want to read this thread. Sure there are millions of Romo lovers. Heck we got a few here that just do not see that his shortcomings are costing them games. But many here are realists and have noted that. This last game he had not one, but two chances to drive down the field and win the game and BOTH times his bad decisions led them to a loss.

I think once again, you may want to read this thread. Sure there are millions of Romo lovers. Heck we got a few here that just do not see that his shortcomings are costing them games. But many here are realists and have noted that. This last game he had not one, but two chances to drive down the field and win the game and BOTH times his bad decisions led them to a loss.

which made me throw up a little bit. For a minute I thought I was watching Trent Edwards when he was on the Bills.

which made me throw up a little bit. For a minute I thought I was watching Trent Edwards when he was on the Bills.

It is a rare case for me to root for the Cowboys. But playing against Chris Johnson will make me do that. And I CANNOT believe that even some of the Cowboys fans are giving him a pass here. I know someone on here (dont remember who) said directly "This loss is not on Romo".

And while I agree that others played a role in this one, there is NO QUESTION that the QB had two chances to win the game and both times he pulled a Westwood.

It is a rare case for me to root for the Cowboys. But playing against Chris Johnson will make me do that. And I CANNOT believe that even some of the Cowboys fans are giving him a pass here. I know someone on here (dont remember who) said directly "This loss is not on Romo".

And while I agree that others played a role in this one, there is NO QUESTION that the QB had two chances to win the game and both times he pulled a Westwood.

I thought he would come through. I thought that when he had that drive in week 1 and threw the game winner, which got called back because of holding(bear hugging), that he had shown he could lead a team to victory down at the end of the game. That gave me some more confidence in him. Even with a loss. He did it once in Giant stadium and it was awesome, he hit Witten on like a 40 yard post pattern and set up a game winning field goal on the road. The season is still not lost, however it doesn't get easier.

I thought he would come through. I thought that when he had that drive in week 1 and threw the game winner, which got called back because of holding(bear hugging), that he had shown he could lead a team to victory down at the end of the game. That gave me some more confidence in him. Even with a loss. He did it once in Giant stadium and it was awesome, he hit Witten on like a 40 yard post pattern and set up a game winning field goal on the road. The season is still not lost, however it doesn't get easier.

I thought he would too. Heck I predicted it in this thread right before the pick.

But just one stop by the defense and the Cowboys win. Just one. Romo threw for 50000000 yards and still lost the game.

But just one stop by the defense and the Cowboys win. Just one. Romo threw for 50000000 yards and still lost the game.

the defense was bad. Special Teams wasn't very good either on that last return. I don't care if you had a 15 yard penalty

Romo was lucky to even have a shot at winning the game, he could have had about 5 picks with some of the throws he made. He did make some really good throws, but him/wade/garret/and the o line are just not on the same page at all.

Why is it to so hard for them to all put a game plan together, get on the same page and make it work for at least a game?

Romo was lucky to even have a shot at winning the game, he could have had about 5 picks with some of the throws he made. He did make some really good throws, but him/wade/garret/and the o line are just not on the same page at all.

Why is it to so hard for them to all put a game plan together, get on the same page and make it work for at least a game?

Dallas could have picked off about 3 balls too. Brooking had one, Jenkins had one.

You are right, but the same can be said the other way. His little TD pass to Austin was the luckiest thing I have ever seen. Austin being incredible gets that done, otherwise that is a pick 6! It was another terrible decision.

Romo always passes for a ton of yards. Yet he always makes crucial mistakes as well. And more importantly, he struggles mightily inside the redzone due to tunnel vision, happy feet, and quicker decision making times.

he has all the tools to get the job done, but I would not dare call him an elite NFL QB yet. Not with his decision making skills so far. An Elite QB makes one of those two drives count more than half the time. Heck a very good QB even does that. Romo makes these same mistakes over and over again when they are in the green zone (payday) or the game is on teh line. Classic check downs, tunnel vision to a covered Witten, or just throw it up and hope for an Austin miracle.

Im so sick of hearing the play calls are the problem. People wanted them to run it more. They did that this week, especially at the goal line. 3 straight runs get stuffed. If they would have thrown the ball, you would have said they should run it, now they run it, and people say they should throw it. Its not the playcalls. Its truly not. Its that the guy executing them refuses to make the play. Instead he chooses the check down receiver for 6 when they need 10. That is not on the coach or the play call and it is seriously Romo's biggest fault.

The guy had it all on the line against a poor secondary TWICE yesterday. Both times epic failure. The play calls had NOTHING to do with it either time. You can always say with one stop, they win. In every game that is true. But elite QB's and superbowl teams get it done when needed.

See thats the thing about the Dallas D, they never seem to be in the right place or make those plays when you need them. Romo gets two balls tipped and both are intercepted. Where is Ware when you need him to make a sack? Jenkins? sit down son. I know Romo could have won the game but if you ask me he won the game about 5 friggin times the defense gave it away. Again and again.

See thats the thing about the Dallas D, they never seem to be in the right place or make those plays when you need them. Romo gets two balls tipped and both are intercepted. Where is Ware when you need him to make a sack? Jenkins? sit down son. I know Romo could have won the game but if you ask me he won the game about 5 friggin times the defense gave it away. Again and again.

I think we were watching VERY different games?

How dare you not remember that was me. And I still believe that.

How dare you not remember that was me. And I still believe that.

And that says all it has to. Didnt you also say that Harvin was not going to do much?

I want what he is having sir....:D

Looking at the young season so far I can't help but notice that the NFC is pretty much up for grabs. A lot of the preseason faves have fallen by the wayside (SF, Dal, GB) some teams are struggling (NO, AZ, Phi) but the closest thing I see to playoff contenders are Chicago, NYG, and Atl. Nothing that really scares me if I was an AFC elite team. Thoughts?

Looking at the young season so far I can't help but notice that the NFC is pretty much up for grabs. A lot of the preseason faves have fallen by the wayside (SF, Dal, GB) some teams are struggling (NO, AZ, Phi) but the closest thing I see to playoff contenders are Chicago, NYG, and Atl. Nothing that really scares me if I was an AFC elite team. Thoughts?

ATL may be the best in NFC right now. Only loss was an OT game at Pittsburgh(who could be the best in the AFC right now)

turn in your football card now! fixed a few things for you.....
Looking at the young season so far I can't help but notice that the NFC is pretty much up for grabs. A lot of the preseason faves have fallen by the wayside (SF, Dal, GB)too early to give up on these teams except for SF, they're overated and just a sexy magazine pick some teams are struggling (NO, AZ, Phi) AZ is lame, NO and PHL are wild cards but the closest thing I see to playoff contenders are Chicago, NYG, and Atl. no, da Bears O-line cant block me Nothing that really scares me if I was an AFC elite team. Thoughts?

Here is one. The Giants and the Bears both stink in my opinion. One has a QB that quit on them and lets face it, the world wont let Mike Martz win again ever! The other plays good D only when they absolutely have to. The Giants beat Carolina (so does everybody), The Bears (see above), and Houston was a definitely a better win, but when playing the Colts we saw the true colors in my opinion. Neither team has any shot if you ask me. The NFC is up for grabs only early on in my opinion. The Saints will be fine. So will the Packers despite the injuries. I never thought much of the other two teams you mentioned (Dallas & SF).

turn in your football card now! fixed a few things for you.....

sounds like you are banning Spank from posting in this thread for a week! Isn't that a job for FLTC?

sounds like you are banning Spank from posting in this thread for a week! Isn't that a job for FLTC?

FLTC tries to stay out of the NFL, FF, SLUMPBUSTER BOWL, OTHER FF, COLLEGE FOOTBALL, OTHER NFL threads as much as possible. feelings get hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back