The Official NFL 2010 Thread [Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finley to miss three weeks after arthroscopic surgery. Rogers is day to day with a concussion. Matthews's hammy doesn't look "too serious".

Disappointed. Massively.

Kevin

Finley to miss three weeks after arthroscopic surgery. Rogers is day to day with a concussion. Matthews's hammy doesn't look "too serious".

Disappointed. Massively.

Kevin

you could be a panthers fan kevin. there's always someone else who's situation is worse my friend.

you could be a Westwood fan kevin. there's always someone else who's situation is worse my friend.

FIFY dude

finley to miss three weeks after arthroscopic surgery. Rogers is day to day with a concussion. Matthews's hammy doesn't look "too serious".

Disappointed. Massively.

Kevin

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

see: Buffalo
you could be a panthers fan kevin. there's always someone else who's situation is worse my friend.

huh!?!!?!? are you Trent Edwards' or Ryan Fitzpatrick's agent?
yeah, but Carolina really sucks, at least buffalo has a passing attack.

huh!?!!?!? are you Trent Edwards' or Ryan Fitzpatrick's agent?

R Fitzpatrick, 220 yards and 3 TD's

Clausen, 61 yards and 1 Int

ummmmm yeah, thats considered a passing attack

Disappointed. Massively.

Kevin

A Vikings loss tonight will ease some of the pain, but it's not looking good for the 'Pack...

Could you not also say that because Welker was there, Moss was able to catch more passes and go deep again, because clearly since leaving MN that was not the case. In fact his entire Oakland stay was a joke.

And NO WHERE did I say other WRs WERE superstars, I said in NE's system they MADE them LOOK like superstars. Just as they do with the rest of the average talent that they roll out at skill positions.

Here is a good stat for you.
Last week, New England destroyed Miami and Welker looked like his old self. Moss stat line - 0 catches. It must have been all decoy that was freeing up Welker right?

Again, you do NOT double team the slot WR on quick outs. Show me one example ANYWHERE across the NFL where that has happened. Its simply not possible if you want to play any WR going deep and stop the run in the middle.

Here is another stat for you. Randy Moss has not had 80 yards in a game since week 10 LAST year. Hardly THE reason others are succeeding in that system.

Actually you stated that "Or how about Dante S or the other half dozen WRs that NE has trotted out there the last 4 years that looked like superstars (until they leave)"

Moss might not be THE reason... but 50 td and 51 games does mean he will garner more attention than anyone else on that roster which opens up things for other...

I really think you are misinterpreting what I said... I never said Welker was not a great player in his own right. All Im saying is that, IMO, he will see a drop in production, probably in yards after the catch. And no, noone double teams a slot receiver, but if you drop a OLB or DE into coverage, which happens several times a game, EVERY game, it does limit the effectiveness of the quick slant which is how guys like, Jason Taylor, J. Peppers, J. Harrison, etc... end up with INT's.

Actually you stated that "Or how about Dante S or the other half dozen WRs that NE has trotted out there the last 4 years that looked like superstars (until they leave)"

Moss might not be THE reason... but 50 td and 51 games does mean he will garner more attention than anyone else on that roster which opens up things for other...

I really think you are misinterpreting what I said... I never said Welker was not a great player in his own right. All Im saying is that, IMO, he will see a drop in production, probably in yards after the catch. And no, noone double teams a slot receiver, but if you drop a OLB or DE into coverage, which happens several times a game, EVERY game, it does limit the effectiveness of the quick slant which is how guys like, Jason Taylor, J. Peppers, J. Harrison, etc... end up with INT's.

Again, read the part I wrote and now bolded. NOT SUPERSTARS....LOOKED like superstars. VERY DIFFERENT!

Again, read my post. I NEVER said they dont double team a slot WR. I said they dont double team a slot receiver on an OUT PATTERN. Which is what Welker runs 80% of the time.

I love a good debate, as many here can attest to, but man you have to at least get my quotes right to have it. :cute:

don't look now...Colt McCoy may start this weekend

Is it raining in new york? Couldnt really tell, but I hope so. Means more running and less throwing to shiancoe and holmes lol

Branch traded to Pats for 4th round pick.

Branch traded to Pats for 4th round pick.

YES!!! hope he contributes seeing as how I just picked him up on Thursday

Two things are very apparent about this game.

1. Braylon Edwards has the worst hands of any WR ever. He must play with butter before the games.

2. Favre has NO protection. NONE!

A Vikings loss tonight will ease some of the pain, but it's not looking good for the 'Pack...

I think there is so much more parity in the NFL this year that the Packers, or anyone else for that matter, has time to get healthy and get back on top. Nobody is really playing at top form, not like the Colts, Saints, Vikings or Chargers of the 2009 season. It's a strange year in that sense, even the worst teams in the league are not as bad as the worst team last year (my elimination pool is getting slaughtered this year). If someone steps up they could really dominate the league this year. Otherwise it is wide open this year.

J E T S Jets Jets Jets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im going to bring it over here JB. Yeah Romo makes bad decisions. He throws an INT late in the game. But he doesnt play defense. And thank god for that. And he isnt coaching the team either. I know he had his chances late in the game but how about the defense actually make a stop? How about playing smart and cutting down on the 133 yards in penalties. Two tip balls that lead to INT's. Numerous stupid mistakes the whole game! Im not going to defend Romo any more, he makes stupid plays and bad decisions. But that loss was not all Romo. He did more then enough to win the game. This team lacks discipline and cant make a stop on defense to save its life. The coaching staff should have been fired last year or even the year before when they got embarrassed two straight weeks to end the season. Now were stuck with them this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back