The Official Banter Away Thread

The Mrs. took advantage of a lot of OT and extra shifts in the ER last year, and I hit every quarterly bonus possible. Funny how in hindsight you think back and say, damnit, shouldnt have done that.

We set aside a lot because we know we are going to owe, so it doesnt hit hard at all, but still makes me pucker up for a few weeks.
My wife takes 40% of everything that comes in and puts it in her "tax account", but it's a really big number and still hurts, even though we know all along it isn't really our money.

My wife takes 40% of everything that comes in and puts it in her "tax account", but it's a really big number and still hurts, even though we know all along it isn't really our money.
We do the same. Since Covid in March of 2020, I am on my 5th promotion, and every time I get a salary increase I think of the tax ramifications. My Chief Nursing Officer and I were talking today about her taxes this year and she was like WTH did I just do? I promoted her last January, and it was significant, and tax day hit her hard. Fortunately, I had her prepared, and the year end bonus that paid out in March, i basically told her to go ahead and consider that her tax payment.

We do the same. Since Covid in March of 2020, I am on my 5th promotion, and every time I get a salary increase I think of the tax ramifications. My Chief Nursing Officer and I were talking today about her taxes this year and she was like WTH did I just do? I promoted her last January, and it was significant, and tax day hit her hard. Fortunately, I had her prepared, and the year end bonus that paid out in March, i basically told her to go ahead and consider that her tax payment.
We really need to find a better tax guy because I'm pretty sure we could be writing off a lot that we aren't, but I'm pretty clueless about it and he has given us pretty **** guidance.

We really need to find a better tax guy because I'm pretty sure we could be writing off a lot that we aren't, but I'm pretty clueless about it and he has given us pretty **** guidance.
Is the Mrs. 1099?

The Mrs. took advantage of a lot of OT and extra shifts in the ER last year, and I hit every quarterly bonus possible. Funny how in hindsight you think back and say, damnit, shouldnt have done that.

We set aside a lot because we know we are going to owe, so it doesnt hit hard at all, but still makes me pucker up for a few weeks.
Don't bonuses and suck already get taxed out the wazoo? We just got ours and my take home was about 60% of the total, much higher than my usual tax rate

But then again I've been the one stay as single and 0 and get a larger refund, even though my old accountant said I was giving and interest free loan to the government.. getting like 3-4k refund though sure was nice.

Now we file standard married and 2 since with 2 kids having extra money in the paycheck for diapers and formula is nice

Don't bonuses and suck already get taxed out the wazoo? We just got ours and my take home was about 60% of the total, much higher than my usual tax rate

But then again I've been the one stay as single and 0 and get a larger refund, even though my old accountant said I was giving and interest free loan to the government.. getting like 3-4k refund though sure was nice.

Now we file standard married and 2 since with 2 kids having extra money in the paycheck for diapers and formula is nice
Bonuses get taxed like a mofo, and then count as income. It sucks so bad. However, I have a very favorable mileage expense so every time I travel by vehicle I just take that mileage cash and throw it in savings.

She has her own practice.
Ah, gotcha.

I could start another rant about owning my own business with the bike shops and taxes on top of my career job.

I quit taking a paycheck or money out of that years ago, because I was tired of getting rammed up both ends.

I was walking from the hotel to do some shopping today and was distracted looking at my phone trying to figure out where I was going when a homeless guy asked me if I could spare a couple bucks, to which I absently responded, "no thanks". 🤣

I've been in Montana too long apparently.

I was walking from the hotel to do some shopping today and was distracted looking at my phone trying to figure out where I was going when a homeless guy asked me if I could spare a couple bucks, to which I absently responded, "no thanks". 🤣

My typical response to the FL bums. They make too much non-taxed cash for me to care.

My typical response to the FL bums. They make too much non-taxed cash for me to care.
He actually said, "no thanks?!?!" I'm sure he's used to "f**k off" and such, but answering in a polite manner that made absolutely no sense really threw him off.

He actually said, "no thanks?!?!" I'm sure he's used to "f**k off" and such, but answering in a polite manner that made absolutely no sense really threw him off.
Duck and dodge.

Finally in NY, got delayed in Denver which is unusual. Our plane was coming from Toronto though so it’s easy to blame Canadians.

She did great all day, her 3rd flight in less than a year. She’s a pro…
622e2cc683be05803780a15611decc7a.jpg

I always forget how much I hate flying. Head rest is hitting me in the bottom of the shoulder blades. And I've got arm rest guy next to me. 🤬View attachment 9257460
This is clearly where Mr. Ward and myself excel. Compact packaging for those economy seats!

I'm sitting here at the airport bar enjoying a pre-flight beer, and I haven't even thought about if my clubs made the plane or not.

Is there something wrong with me?

Finally in NY, got delayed in Denver which is unusual. Our plane was coming from Toronto though so it’s easy to blame Canadians.

She did great all day, her 3rd flight in less than a year. She’s a pro…
622e2cc683be05803780a15611decc7a.jpg
Just blame Canada. It's what everyone else does

If you have a carry bag, how often do you remove the straps when riding in a golf cart? I really never take straps off even when it is easy on and off.
Pretty much never. The only time I will take them off is when I'm using my M7

I missed my priority boarding window. I'm in the jet bridge with all the commoners :ROFLMAO:

I offer Apple Pay and that usually solves it.

Happy Hump Day THP!!!

Just looking for some good Mojo/Prayers/Thoughts for a friend who is really struggling right now. He made a decision after 21 years to leave a music program that he has built into a fantastic program to move to another district and basically start rebuilding that program (his kids go to that district which helped). He says every day is a struggle finishing out this year and looking at the kids in his program. All while this is going on he's been having massive hip pain which, after missed work and severe pain he's found out it's a slipped/herniated disk. Not finished yet...... his cousin who is just over a year older than him passed away from a heart attack in the past month and 2 days ago his Mother-in-law passed. It's been alot.

If you have a carry bag, how often do you remove the straps when riding in a golf cart? I really never take straps off even when it is easy on and off.
I took them off of the ZTF - if I'm not going to be using them, no need; right?

I'll be putting them back on for travel since we'll need to carry a bit but when I was going on my cart I just unload right from the truck into the cart and there's zero carry.

Please remove pic if not appropriate with the editing.

Wife just sent me a pic of a guy next to a pond at the semi private golf course outside her work.
I've stickered over the terrible stuff. Sheriff, coroner, and other law enforcement is starting to show up. Still in his golf clothes from last night I guess. Wow, just.... unbelievable. She said it looks to not be self inflected.

Last edited:
Back