The Official Banter Away Thread

Don’t make me start talking.
Episode 15 Hello GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

it got weird.. lol

That’s what I figured. Didn’t see the time to open it up since it’s been closed since December
It needs a macro that opens it every night at sunset and closes it at sunrise. :LOL:

The work crew made homemade cobbler and pie for my birthday. So something good from work for a change. IMG_5255.jpeg

Happy Tuesday THP!!!

I don’t often cancel spring golf rounds due to weather but with winds gusting to 53 mph today along with an inch of rain, all of my buddies decided to cancel our 11pm tee time. I’ll do some speed training today, practice putting indoors, and we will play tomorrow with just scattered showers.

IMG_0557.png

That's the way to do it. Hold onto those dollars until the last second!
Oh. I did my taxes. I didn’t pay yesterday though.

Oh. I did my taxes. I didn’t pay yesterday though.
Yeah, but if you submit earlier you get your bill earlier so likely you pay earlier.

We do it in early February, just so we have a couple of months to complain about paying in.

Yep haven’t had a return since I was probably 20 years old.
I did my oldest sons tax return last night. It made me realize two things; 1. I really wish I got a return, extra cash would be fun. 2. I dont pay him nearly enough for managing the bike shop.

Yep haven’t had a return since I was probably 20 years old.
We managed to get one when the kids were born, and next year I'm hoping to get one with the rebates from our new heating and cooling system. Otherwise, yep always paying in.

No idea why I wait. Nothing is going to change. I always owe.
Nothing wrong with that. Better in your pocket than giving the government an interest free loan

About a decade ago we moved up a tax bracket and didn't really know after my wife got a promotion and we owed $3,700 that year. Bumped up withholdings and next year owed $2,700. I said F that and sat down with all the tax forms and built out a spreadsheet to do all the calculations and I keep it updated all year, tweak W-4 withholdings as needed and target a <$50 refund and usually get it very close. Not giving Uncle Sam and interest free loan if I can avoid it.

Back