The Official 2024 NFL Thread

Yep, always felt this was the case. I still am skeptical it's this year. But if someone goes it's Deebo.

A couple of Draft experts and Niners beat writers have me come around on the Ricky Pearsall overnight. I still would have loved to get an offensive lineman or go defense but the fit is there. I still think this is filling a need a year ahead.
if it means anything he was #1 on the Texans board and all the local guys thought he would last for us when we picked. I think Shanny has a guy he can move around and can go get it in tough spaces.

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 10.52.31 AM.jpeg

This is wild. I never thought I would see a soft NFL owner approach a business because he didnt like the marquee on the outside.

This is wild. I never thought I would see a soft NFL owner approach a business because he didnt like the marquee on the outside.

He seemed to be taking it ok. 🤷‍♂️

Ok this is funny

He seemed to be taking it ok. 🤷‍♂️
Pretty benign reaction but why go in there in the first place? then take the guys hat off like he's his dad and is trying to establish the "no hats indoors" policy?? Just seems like an odd thing to do.

First three picks go a long way to help keep the momentum we had going last year.

So weak. NFC fans should rejoice knowing that we never have to worry about the Panthers winning anything ever with him owning the team. Love not having to think about teams competing.

That is pretty overblown in my opinion.
He had over 210 carries and 58 receptions last year as a rookie along with 8 TDs.

That puts him inside the top 20 in carries and only a handful away of being in the top 15.
Those are big numbers for a rookie when you also consider they still had Algier who ran well in short down situations
Still underused for a talent of his caliber, IMO. Especially when the QB situation was such a sh* show.

He has the talent to be a 1200+ yard rusher in the NFL as a floor. It will be exciting to see what gets cooked up for him this year.

Full circle on Niners pick. Have a guy with the nickname "Slick Rick" and he is excited to be here. Future HOFer.*

*Fandom is the best.

Okay @ddec worst trade

Deshaun Massager Watson bringing a slew of talent and not taking on a massive contract for Houston

Or

Panthers and what they gave up for QB1 last year.

Okay @ddec worst trade

Deshaun Massager Watson bringing a slew of talent and not taking on a massive contract for Houston

Or

I posted an updated tracker of what the Bears have recouped as part of that deal and it is crazy...and not done yet. To me, that trade could become almost Herschel Walker type if the Bears ever get their sh*t togehter.

But that's all based on potential right? So I have to say the Browns deal because of all that locked up garunteed money. Esp because so far, Watson has not been the guy he was in Houston. On the field that is...I have no doubt he's the same off the field.

I posted an updated tracker of what the Bears have recouped as part of that deal and it is crazy...and not done yet. To me, that trade could become almost Herschel Walker type if the Bears ever get their sh*t togehter.

But that's all based on potential right? So I have to say the Browns deal because of all that locked up garunteed money. Esp because so far, Watson has not been the guy he was in Houston. On the field that is...I have no doubt he's the same off the field.
Agree. If Williams ends up being a top 5 QB it could flip though.

Agree. If Williams ends up being a top 5 QB it could flip though.
and the cap ramifications are crazy. Because of the Panthers...they didn't need to give a boatload to Fields. Reset the cap and bring in talent. Oh and a lot of other rookie contracts for guys that can be impact players.

This was the tweet from last night....

and the cap ramifications are crazy. Because of the Panthers...they didn't need to give a boatload to Fields. Reset the cap and bring in talent. Oh and a lot of other rookie contracts for guys that can be impact players.
I want to bake in Stroud being awesome but that shouldn't come into the evaluation of the trade really.

But let's be real, it's the Bears hahahahahahahaha

I want to bake in Stroud being awesome but that shouldn't come into the evaluation of the trade really.
If Young turns into a bust, you can 1000000% add that into the equation. That's the other side. Young can turn into a good QB and it offsets a little. But that franchise is dumpster fire.

If Young turns into a bust, you can 1000000% add that into the equation. That's the other side. Young can turn into a good QB and it offsets a little. But that franchise is dumpster fire.
Sorry, I meant Stroud being good into the Browns/Houston side of the trade. That pick didn't come from the trade though.

For sure Young being good or busting and not taking Stroud weighs into the Bears and Panthers portion of it.

Just don't want to weigh it into both trades.

Sorry, I meant Stroud being good into the Browns/Houston side of the trade. That pick didn't come from the trade though.

For sure Young being good or busting and not taking Stroud weighs into the Bears and Panthers portion of it.

Just don't want to weigh it into both trades.
These things are impossible to know but you have to wonder if Stroud would have been the same player in Carolina. That franchise is just..........🫣

This was the tweet from last night....

They don’t talk much about the massager trade anymore but talent received ended up being good, got rid of a scumbag i mean contract and players delivered

Okay @ddec worst trade

Or

Panthers?

@War Eagle
Look At Us Paul Rudd GIF

Back