The Official 2024 NFL Thread

BB was fantastic in the highlights I am watching this morning and this story is great.

That's certainly a completely different Belichick than we used to see in his post-game press conferences.

Man ATL just cannot get out of their own way....completely botched the 1st round and now dealing with this

They answered the question without answering the question.

This was the tweet from last night....

This is worst than the Deshawn Watson deal, but they are both bad.

This is worst than the Deshawn Watson deal, but they are both bad.
Isn’t that assuming QB1 ends up bad?

Isn’t that assuming QB1 ends up bad?
I guess I’m assuming that Bryce Young is a bust. If the Panthers had taken CJ Shroud instead, then the Watson trade is worse.

The Saints just have pick 45 tonight, word is they are looking at WR.

I guess I’m assuming that Bryce Young is a bust. If the Panthers had taken CJ Shroud instead, then the Watson trade is worse.
So CJ leads the Panthers and that team better than Young? That sounds like fantasy land honestly. The Panthers had no running game, no defense, no blocking and bad special teams.

So CJ leads the Panthers and that team better than Young? That sounds like fantasy land honestly. The Panthers had no running game, no defense, no blocking and bad special teams.
I’ll add. Put Young on the 49ers and he looks like the next Joe Montana.

They should have given up that much draft capital, I agree, but I also believe they took the wrong guy once they did.

@GolferGal adjust your draft board according.

I hope the Saints draft a OG at 45, Carr might not be that bad if we could keep him upright.

The problem with being a Saints fan currently is that the Falcons & Panthers keep fumbling the bag, and the division looks winnable.

This prevents us from the hard core reset that the Saints should actually be thinking about. So we are going to keep this kicking this Salary cap situation down the road, and we are going to go 9-8 again, just to lose the division to the Bucs by a game. Drafting like 14th or 15th again.

I hope the Saints draft a OG at 45, Carr might not be that bad if we could keep him upright.

The problem with being a Saints fan currently is that the Falcons & Panthers keep fumbling the bag, and the division looks winnable.

This prevents us from the hard core reset that the Saints should actually be thinking about. So we are going to keep this kicking this Salary cap situation down the road, and we are going to go 9-8 again, just to lose the division to the Bucs by a game. Drafting like 14th or 15th again.
All I really want is for us to make our picks and not make any moves that trades future draft capital. Don’t move up, make our pick today and come to next year will all of our picks.

christmas love GIF by Kool Aid

Give me all of the Ricky Pearsalls and a team wins a super bowl

Man ATL just cannot get out of their own way....completely botched the 1st round and now dealing with this

Why do you say they botched the 1st round... I'd argue they botched the QB negotiation with an aging, surgically repaired Achilles toting Kirk Cousins.... to me, this was a smart pick to give insurance.... maybe too high but if Cousins is healthy and plays maybe they have Aaron Rodgers sitting the bench... then again he could be Ryan Leaf 🤷‍♂️

Why do you say they botched the 1st round... I'd argue they botched the QB negotiation with an aging, surgically repaired Achilles toting Kirk Cousins.... to me, this was a smart pick to give insurance.... maybe too high but if Cousins is healthy and plays maybe they have Aaron Rodgers sitting the bench... then again he could be Ryan Leaf 🤷‍♂️
The more I've thought about this and then look at Cousins contract, I agree with you. In 2 years there is only 12.5M dead money. Rodgers sat and had one sit behind him. No one regrets it. Carson Palmer didn't play his rookie year, Kitna did.

Is this team winning a Super Bowl this year even with a defensive player at pick 8? no...

The more I've thought about this and then look at Cousins contract, I agree with you. In 2 years there is only 12.5M dead money. Rodgers sat and had one sit behind him. No one regrets it. Carson Palmer didn't play his rookie year, Kitna did.

Is this team winning a Super Bowl this year even with a defensive player at pick 8? no...
Good point! ATL isn't one player away.... and to me ATL took arguably the best pure thrower in the draft... definitely not seen in the college championship game... the ball absolutely explodes out of his hands, BUT he's about as mobile as I am which doesn't bode well in today's game..... (spoiler alert... I need a couple knee replacements very soon). The other knock is that he's left handed and the NFL and most things in life are right hand dominate so team will need to adjust scheme from Rt. hand to left hand if Penix ends up playing anytime soon

Watching Mel after getting to watching Belichick last night is such a downgrade.

Because they knew what the QB board would look like before they signed Cousins. They have weapons and getting this one or the other one would be just as good and cheaper. Go get online help or slime help and imo build a better product to help the rookie succeed. I just think given what they need the pick could have been used more wisely

Great pick Bills!!!

Chargers rookie will catch 100 passes this year

Back