The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way dude look at the Cowboys clearing space.

I don't think so, I know the cowboys want him, I just don't think he goes there.

Why? They need a stop gap while Ponder learns the ropes. OC is a west coast disciple. Plus he's best buds with Shanny in DC so he can maybe squeeze them on the cheap.

Mcnabb has been traded to the Vikings already. It's a done deal.

Not really a done deal yet but almost a certainty if McNabb plays along. It was pretty much an afterthought to me that the only logical place he could end up was there. That's why I questioned c_ault's statement in the first place.

Not really a done deal yet but almost a certainty if McNabb plays along. It was pretty much an afterthought to me that the only logical place he could end up was there. That's why I questioned c_ault's statement in the first place.

The trade is done, he just needs to restructure his contract tomorrow and then they will officially announce it. This has been in the works since last Wednesday even though teams were not supposed to be discussing it, but that has never stopped NFL teams before. Haha Skins also snagged Cofield from the Giants tonight. The Skins and Boys are set to battle for Cullen Jenkins in the next couple days too.

I can whole heartedly say, that this recent interest in NFL free agency and my actual playing of Golf are the only two things taking away from my posting right now. :D

Nnamdi to the Eagles!:pray:

Noel Devine signed with the Eagles. He was one of the most amazing high school players I've ever seen. If you want to see some crazy runs check out his high school highlight tape.

Too small for the NFL.

Too small for the NFL.

Yeah, that's why I was referencing his high school career. I played against him in a playoff game in high school and he destroyed us. I followed him since his freshman year in HS. Him and Adrian Mcpherson were the only guys I actually drove quite a distance just to watch their high school games. But I don't know about him being too small for the NFL. Sproles is 2 inches shorter and my boy McCluster is the same size. Noel just needs to bulk up a little bit and he could contribute to an NFL team as a return man and slot guy. Desean Jackson is only 2 inches taller also. There are plenty of small guys that contribute in the NFL as long as they have that ability to take it to the house everytime they touch the ball. I'm not saying he will contribute, but I wouldn't just write him off as being too small.

Cowboys fans should be stoked they signed Free tonight. With the terms of the contract it looks like they're going to keep him at LT, even though they drafted Tyron Smith. Also looks like they will work with Columbo on restructuring his contract so they can keep him.

Spanks right. It is not a done deal. The contract must be renegotiated and then the trade is complete. Rumor has it, it is an afterthought, but the trade is not done. Heck even Yahoo News has the report that there could be a small snag.

Now, it’s a matter of seeing whether or not the Vikings can re-work McNabb’s contract to their suiting in order for the deal to go down, according to Jason La Canfora of NFL Network. That will require the Vikings to crunch some numbers with McNabb’s agent Fletcher Smith.

Otherwise, you could look at a scenario where the Redskins wind up having to dump McNabb. The Vikings probably will not be giving up much for the veteran quarterback. Some have speculated a seventh-round pick or a sixth at highest would get the deal done.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y..._deal_in_place_to_ship_mcnabb_to_vikings_5433

Last edited:
We are back with another round of "Yes Chris Johnson Really Did Go to College"

"I don't answer I just text her back, she hate it when I do dat sh!t"

"She so pissed off she ain't even spelling sh!t right"

"Lock out over but Tennessee don't got no primetime games @AdamSchefter help me out I need the whole nation to see me"

"Man my momma said I need to skeet she said I need to bring her a grand child"

"At my cuzin wedding it's super hot out here"

Friend just told me Coefield signed with the Skins. I was pretty surprised by this. One, they run different schemes and I am not sure how he fits in the 3-4. And second, its a decent size contract at six years and $36 million with 12.5 guaranteed. The Giants have worked on replacing him in the draft both this year and last year, so I think most thought he would move on, but I just did not see the Skins here.

And as expected Matt Hasselbeck signed with the Titans.

Last edited:
Cowboys fans should be stoked they signed Free tonight. With the terms of the contract it looks like they're going to keep him at LT, even though they drafted Tyron Smith. Also looks like they will work with Columbo on restructuring his contract so they can keep him.

That had to get done. Next they need to release Newman.

Pual Posluzney to the Jaguars, $42M deal. Nice upgrade there for the LBs. Now we need Weddle or Landry at safety and the defense should be drastically improved (can't get much worse).

Wait until you see how many tackles Puz makes after the ball carrier is already 5 yds past the line of scrimmage and how stiff he is in coverage...typical PSU LB....really good in school...so-so in the pros

Pual Posluzney to the Jaguars, $42M deal. Nice upgrade there for the LBs. Now we need Weddle or Landry at safety and the defense should be drastically improved (can't get much worse).

Just told a second ago that Minn GM and McNabb agent just agreed in principle, however there is still one small hurdle in the contract, but it should get done. Trade should be official soon.

Wait until you see how many tackles Puz makes after the ball carrier is already 5 yds past the line of scrimmage and how stiff he is in coverage...typical PSU LB....really good in school...so-so in the pros

For the Jags that would be an improvement! hehehe

Why? They need a stop gap while Ponder learns the ropes. OC is a west coast disciple. Plus he's best buds with Shanny in DC so he can maybe squeeze them on the cheap.

I just thought it was odd considering the list of Vikings eligible for free agency that they need to be looking at signing. Also since the Redskins would most likely cut McNabb I'd think they might (might) be able to get him cheaper. Also, considering the circus that was the Vikings and the circus surrounding McNabb (and his agent) last season adding him might make this another circus season for the Vikings which is something they really don't need when looking to get a stadium deal done. Finally, I'm not sure how McNabb will fit in a mentor role. All of that just makes me think it's odd but if they land him I hope things work out. :drinks:

Just told a second ago that Minn GM and McNabb agent just agreed in principle, however there is still one small hurdle in the contract, but it should get done. Trade should be official soon.

That would suck to be traded for 2 6th rounders.

Sounds like a great fit.

I still don't understand the point of getting rid of Jeff Fisher. The whole problem was that the owner wanted Vince Young to play and Fisher knew that he stunk and didnt want to play him. So they get rid of Fisher and then get rid of Young too. Draft another QB and then sign another QB? Hasselbeck will mentor Locker which will probably will be great for them but they could have done the same thing and still had Fisher.

Spanks right. It is not a done deal. The contract must be renegotiated and then the trade is complete. Rumor has it, it is an afterthought, but the trade is not done. Heck even Yahoo News has the report that there could be a small snag.

Friend just told me Coefield signed with the Skins. I was pretty surprised by this. One, they run different schemes and I am not sure how he fits in the 3-4. And second, its a decent size contract at six years and $36 million with 12.5 guaranteed. The Giants have worked on replacing him in the draft both this year and last year, so I think most thought he would move on, but I just did not see the Skins here.

The trade is done, he just needs to restructure his contract tomorrow and then they will officially announce it. This has been in the works since last Wednesday even though teams were not supposed to be discussing it, but that has never stopped NFL teams before. Haha Skins also snagged Cofield from the Giants tonight. The Skins and Boys are set to battle for Cullen Jenkins in the next couple days too.

I said he needs to restructure his contract, but he has made it clear he wants to play in Minnesota and his current contract is sort of a joke contract anyways so I don't see that being a problem at all. Cofield is a versatile guy that should help the defense and only time will tell if they overpaid on his contract. Does seem a little bit much though.

Owner loved VY....then he finally listened to his football people but by then Fisher was already gone...

I still don't understand the point of getting rid of Jeff Fisher. The whole problem was that the owner wanted Vince Young to play and Fisher knew that he stunk and didnt want to play him. So they get rid of Fisher and then get rid of Young too. Draft another QB and then sign another QB? Hasselbeck will mentor Locker which will probably will be great for them but they could have done the same thing and still had Fisher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back