The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just told a second ago that Minn GM and McNabb agent just agreed in principle, however there is still one small hurdle in the contract, but it should get done. Trade should be official soon.

Shocker there. Haha

I said he needs to restructure his contract,.

I wont get into semantics, but a deal is never done until its officially "done".
There are 10 deals a year that "happen" and then fall through because of a contract wont match with capology.
This one wont be the case, but I just hate to see things announced as "deal is done" when it really is not the case as of yet.

Isn't it a 6th and possibly another 6th?

Redskins get a sixth-round draft pick in 2012 and a conditional sixth-rounder in 2013.

I wont get into semantics, but a deal is never done until its officially "done".
There are 10 deals a year that "happen" and then fall through because of a contract wont match with capology.
This one wont be the case, but I just hate to see things announced as "deal is done" when it really is not the case as of yet.

I understand, but this situation was pretty clearly "done" since he had already stated that's where he wanted to play and his contract was a joke contract. Next time I'll use the exact correct wording as to not ruffle any feathers.

I understand, but this situation was pretty clearly "done" since he had already stated that's where he wanted to play and his contract was a joke contract. Next time I'll use the exact correct wording as to not ruffle any feathers.

Nobody is ruffling feathers. You said a deal was done. According to the team, it was not. Just a correction that I thought (and Spank) needed to be said. No deal was done at the time, only that a deal was expected to be done.

I still don't understand the point of getting rid of Jeff Fisher. The whole problem was that the owner wanted Vince Young to play and Fisher knew that he stunk and didnt want to play him. So they get rid of Fisher and then get rid of Young too. Draft another QB and then sign another QB? Hasselbeck will mentor Locker which will probably will be great for them but they could have done the same thing and still had Fisher.

:confused2: Maybe Fisher wanted out?

Redskins get a sixth-round draft pick in 2012 and a conditional sixth-rounder in 2013.

Stupid question time...How exactly does a conditional 6th round pick work?

Nobody is ruffling feathers. You said a deal was done. According to the team, it was not. Just a correction that I thought (and Spank) needed to be said. No deal was done at the time, only that a deal was expected to be done.

Maybe not as stupid as above question time... Are any deals "done" before Friday?

Maybe not as stupid as above question time... Are any deals "done" before Friday?

Yes. While the league and PA dictate when announcements can take place and "deals can be done", many times contracts have been signed already.

Wait until you see how many tackles Puz makes after the ball carrier is already 5 yds past the line of scrimmage and how stiff he is in coverage...typical PSU LB....really good in school...so-so in the pros

But the Bills' D-line was a seive. Horrible. Hard for any linebacker to not make tackles 5 yards downfield with the defensive line is getting pushed backwards five yards at the snap. I know that the last two seasons the Jags have played the Bills and "The Poz" was all over the place and almost single handedly shut down MJD - no easy feat for any defensive player. He's a perfect Del Rio linebacker (he kind of looks like Del Rio on steroids, actually...) Jax has a much better d-line than Buffalo. Let's see what Poz does when he actually has some talent in front of and beside him instead of being the only good player in the zip code.

:confused2: Stupid question time...How exactly does a conditional 6th round pick work?

It means the pick is conditional based on performance. If he performs over the criteria set up the pick can become a higher pick and if he under performs it can be a lower pick.

Yes. While the league and PA dictate when announcements can take place and "deals can be done", many times contracts have been signed already.

Thank you, I wasn't sure about that.

It means the pick is conditional based on performance. If he performs over the criteria set up the pick can become a higher pick and if he under performs it can be a lower pick.

Thanks but... I kind of understood the conditional part but does the round (i.e. 6th round) play much of a part?

Thanks but... I kind of understood the conditional part but does the round (i.e. 6th round) play much of a part?

What do you mean?

If he plays and meets the performance minimums outlined in the deal then the Redskins will get at least a 6th rnd pick that second year, if he doesn't meet them then they either might get a 7th rnd the 2nd year or no pick at all the 2nd year. The round of the pick is negotiated as part of the deal. If they had negotiated a conditional 3rd round pick then they would get a 3rd rnd pick if the minimum performance is met. Teams can negotiate any round of pick they want, it is irrelevant to the way the deal works outside of what compensation they receive in the end.

btw - Castle is the best show on TV. :)

Donte "The Murderer" Stallworth just signed with the Redskins for 1 year.

My Falcons also resigned Stephen Nicolas to a 5 year deal.

Hopefully he can do something this year, but I doubt it.

This was a great signing. Extremely versatile player and was coveted by about 10 teams.

to me, this means that Santonio Holmes is going to re-sign with the Jets then.....

sorry GG...didn't see your post....:act-up:

This was a great signing. Extremely versatile player and was coveted by about 10 teams.

+1 He really came into his own last year. He was a great 4th round pick.

Santonio Holmes just reached a 5 year agreement with the Jets.

I expected this to happen. I think the bigger question is whether the Jets bring back their other 2 high-profile free agents, Antonio Cromartie and Braylon Edwards. Unless they really think they can get Revis, I'd say they bring back Cromartie but get rid of Edwards.

I expected this to happen. I think the bigger question is whether the Jets bring back their other 2 high-profile free agents, Antonio Cromartie and Braylon Edwards. Unless they really think they can get Revis, I'd say they bring back Cromartie but get rid of Edwards.

I would let Cromartie go. They drafter Wilson last year. The Sanchize needs weapons to throw to. That defense, even without Cromartie, will be very good. Cromartie was not good last year.

Line aside, he's just a 'solid' LB.....don't forget too that he played in a 3-4 for a bit in Buffalo which really showed how bad the D line was and he struggled more so due to scheme then the d-line. He was better in the 4-3 when they switched back and maybe he'll get better if the Jags stick with a 4-3 but otherwise he's jsut a 'solid' LB

But the Bills' D-line was a seive. Horrible. Hard for any linebacker to not make tackles 5 yards downfield with the defensive line is getting pushed backwards five yards at the snap. I know that the last two seasons the Jags have played the Bills and "The Poz" was all over the place and almost single handedly shut down MJD - no easy feat for any defensive player. He's a perfect Del Rio linebacker (he kind of looks like Del Rio on steroids, actually...) Jax has a much better d-line than Buffalo. Let's see what Poz does when he actually has some talent in front of and beside him instead of being the only good player in the zip code.

I think Cromartie is a heck of a player. Not a fan of him off the field, but on the field the guy can play. Plus he can be used as a return man if need be.

Line aside, he's just a 'solid' LB.....don't forget too that he played in a 3-4 for a bit in Buffalo which really showed how bad the D line was and he struggled more so due to scheme then the d-line. He was better in the 4-3 when they switched back and maybe he'll get better if the Jags stick with a 4-3 but otherwise he's jsut a 'solid' LB

Agree 100%. He shows signs, but still has quite a few weaknesses that need to be addressed for him to be successful, especially in that division.

I think Cromartie is a heck of a player. Not a fan of him off the field, but on the field the guy can play. Plus he can be used as a return man if need be.

I live in NJ so I got to watch every Jets game this season. When Revis was out, Cromartie was better because they didnt throw at him. When Revis was playing and they were throwing at Cromartie, he was average at best. Kyle Wilson is a very good corner and just needed some time to adjust to the pace of the NFL. I think Cromartie is as good as gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back