The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilson struggled more so than I thought he would and that was as a Nickel back.....he's not a starter yet. Cromartie was good for what they needed him to be...a cover CB to hold up for passes not going Revis' way

I would let Cromartie go. They drafter Wilson last year. The Sanchize needs weapons to throw to. That defense, even without Cromartie, will be very good. Cromartie was not good last year.

....they already have Revis so I assume you mean Nnamdi Asomughahahahaha......Not knowing the structure of holmes' deal I doubt they get Nnamdi because they have a lot of other needs and their own FA's to take care of and he'd blow their cap out of the water which they're already $1m over....I think Edwards is gone unless he gives them a discount and they look at R Moss. Cromartie may not come back but if he does great. Hello Ike Taylor.

I expected this to happen. I think the bigger question is whether the Jets bring back their other 2 high-profile free agents, Antonio Cromartie and Braylon Edwards. Unless they really think they can get Revis, I'd say they bring back Cromartie but get rid of Edwards.

Wilson struggled more so than I thought he would and that was as a Nickel back.....he's not a starter yet. Cromartie was good for what they needed him to be...a cover CB to hold up for passes not going Revis' way

....they already have Revis so I assume you mean Nnamdi Asomughahahahaha......Not knowing the structure of holmes' deal I doubt they get Nnamdi because they have a lot of other needs and their own FA's to take care of and he'd blow their cap out of the water which they're already $1m over....I think Edwards is gone unless he gives them a discount and they look at R Moss. Cromartie may not come back but if he does great. Hello Ike Taylor.

Wilson did struggle last year but towards the end of the season he got better and better each game. Not everyone can jump directly from college to the pro's, but he is still a good player. They will probably let Cromartie walk and sign a veteran to play there for another year while Wilson gets more comfortable.

Breaking Bears News!!!!!!!!!!

We just resigned Orlando Pace!

Yeah, I'm a moron, I meant Nnamdi. Also, I think that Ike Taylor reached an agreement yesterday to come back to the Steelers, Schefter sent a tweet about it yesterday.

Line aside, he's just a 'solid' LB.....don't forget too that he played in a 3-4 for a bit in Buffalo which really showed how bad the D line was and he struggled more so due to scheme then the d-line. He was better in the 4-3 when they switched back and maybe he'll get better if the Jags stick with a 4-3 but otherwise he's jsut a 'solid' LB

Agree 100%. He shows signs, but still has quite a few weaknesses that need to be addressed for him to be successful, especially in that division.

Luckily the Jags play a 4-3, have invested heavily in the D-line in recent years, and already have Daryll Smith at OLB - one of the most under-rated OLBs in the league. Poz will be a very good 2-down player for them at least. I don't expect them to have him out on 3rd down covering Dalls Clark down the field - Smith does that very well. Poz is more a run stuffer and that's fine. They need help against the run, too. If Poz can shore up the run defense that is less pressure on the secondary from keeping safeties up near the line to help out against the run.

Hopefully they'll get more than 2 downs/series out of him if they're dropping $42m on him

Luckily the Jags play a 4-3, have invested heavily in the D-line in recent years, and already have Daryll Smith at OLB - one of the most under-rated OLBs in the league. Poz will be a very good 2-down player for them at least. I don't expect them to have him out on 3rd down covering Dalls Clark down the field - Smith does that very well. Poz is more a run stuffer and that's fine. They need help against the run, too. If Poz can shore up the run defense that is less pressure on the secondary from keeping safeties up near the line to help out against the run.

Hopefully they'll get more than 2 downs/series out of him if they're dropping $42m on him

My thoughts exactly. Its not whether or not he can be adequate, because he is a solid LB. But for that money, you expect a certain level of play and I am not sure he brings that to them as of yet.

anyone have any idea on where Kevin Kolb might be heading? I'm really hoping Miami as they need a solid veteran QB. Chad Pennington may have done irreperable damage to the young guns during his time there.

anyone have any idea on where Kevin Kolb might be heading? I'm really hoping Miami as they need a solid veteran QB. Chad Pennington may have done irreperable damage to the young guns during his time there.

All talk leads to AZ, but the ball is in their court right now. Miami is a hopeful as well, but Im hearing they are not sure its a big step up. That changes daily depending on who you speak with though.

WTF are the Seahawks thinking???? Tavaris Jackson?!?!?!!? This is a TERRIBLE move for the SeaHawks, first they give away a ton of draft pics and a lot of money for "jesus" there, and then you don't resign Hasselbeck and sign freaking Jackson. I guess Pete Carroll really doesn't want to succeed in the NFL.

Tenative deal has been reached to send mcnabb to the vikings

I tapatalk better then I golfatalk

Pete is finding he can't pay players as much in the pros as he could in college....

WTF are the Seahawks thinking???? Tavaris Jackson?!?!?!!? This is a TERRIBLE move for the SeaHawks, first they give away a ton of draft pics and a lot of money for "jesus" there, and then you don't resign Hasselbeck and sign freaking Jackson. I guess Pete Carroll really doesn't want to succeed in the NFL.

All talk leads to AZ, but the ball is in their court right now. Miami is a hopeful as well, but Im hearing they are not sure its a big step up. That changes daily depending on who you speak with though.

I've heard the deal for Kolb between AZ and Philly is done, but Kolb is asking for more money than AZ is willing to spend for an unproven QB. Word is they are now looking at Orton instead, who I think is a safer bet anyway. You know exactly what you are getting with ORton, and in that weak division he would be a HUGE step forward. Sure, Kolb has a greater upside, but upside is what gets coaches fired.

Pete is finding he can't pay players as much in the pros as he could in college....

HAHAHAHHAH.
But will there be a Bush reunion in Seattle.....Hmmmm.

Hey c'mon CB, hey also signed Matt Leinart.... NOW you can REALLY get upset!!!

not a big step up from who?!?! Chad Henne? Please. Cmon Miami, you're smarter than that.

I've heard the deal for Kolb between AZ and Philly is done, but Kolb is asking for more money than AZ is willing to spend for an unproven QB. Word is they are now looking at Orton instead, who I think is a safer bet anyway. You know exactly what you are getting with ORton, and in that weak division he would be a HUGE step forward. Sure, Kolb has a greater upside, but upside is what gets coaches fired.

Good call, we are hearing similar things. The question is, is the Orton move a bluff to get Kolb for less, or is it real.

Line aside, he's just a 'solid' LB.....don't forget too that he played in a 3-4 for a bit in Buffalo which really showed how bad the D line was and he struggled more so due to scheme then the d-line. He was better in the 4-3 when they switched back and maybe he'll get better if the Jags stick with a 4-3 but otherwise he's jsut a 'solid' LB

Agree 100%. He shows signs, but still has quite a few weaknesses that need to be addressed for him to be successful, especially in that division.

My thoughts exactly. Its not whether or not he can be adequate, because he is a solid LB. But for that money, you expect a certain level of play and I am not sure he brings that to them as of yet.

My understanding is that a good chunk of that $42 is in the 6th year, making it effectively a 5 yr deal that looks bigger than it will every truly be. Is he Ray Lewis? Heck, no. Is he an upgrade? Yes. Does he make the Jags defense better? Yes. Is he worth the big money? Time will tell.

Who knows - this is a new NFL with the new CBA and veterans will likely get more money this year at least to get the team cap numbers up above the mimumum, etc.

not a big step up from who?!?! Chad Henne? Please. Cmon Miami, you're smarter than that.

Kolb did not exactly set the world on fire when given a chance. Granted a small chance, but last year his throws were bad (and that is being kind).

If he doesn't go to az. I see him being an eagle this year

I tapatalk better then I golfatalk

Yeah but they can have Pennington play the first game of the year and break is whatever bone.

Good call, we are hearing similar things. The question is, is the Orton move a bluff to get Kolb for less, or is it real.

I would say both if I had to guess. The thing for Philly is they have another 6 hours to trade Kolb before he shows up at the practice facility and then things get awkward. If it was me, I would bring in Orton. He wins, hes a game manager, and he won't lose you a single game. I'd take that all day long.

Kolb has had a few good games on a team surrounded by a lot of very good players. What happens on a mediocre team?

Orton is certainly the safer choice. Solid QB. He was not the problem in Denver and they were idiots to draft Tebow and start over when what they needed was o-line help and defense. Orton would have been fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back