The Official 2011 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green Bay Packers.

That is all.

Kevin

I dont get it?

Come on now duuuuddde, last year the 2010 thread was out by march and you didnt say any of this stuff about it being golf season. Of course its golf season, it was also golf season last week when the NFL draft was up and we were talking about that. Whats wrong with having an NFL thread?

Im cool if it gets locked up though, I really dont mind at all. Didnt think it be a big deal having one.

There wasn't a strike last year. I dont care if someone wants to talk football. Could care less actually. I hope they decide to talk about golf every now and then too, but if you want to talk about football all day, by all means have at it.

I said the draft is pretty major news and a lot of fun. We had a contest and it was a blast. Its clear you prefer to talk about football then golf and I am fine with that, people can talk about what they choose. I prefer to talk about golf since this season has been filled with a ton of great tournaments. When the lockout/strike is over, Im sure I will have some stuff to say about football as well. But non-team OTA's and news about teams not doing anything mean little to me.

Im sure there are others that feel the same way as I do and others that would like to talk about football. Its completely up to each person.

I was just giving you a hard time man, didn't mean to get you riled up. My bad.

I hope the Panthers didn't waste their pick. I will always love the Panthers, but Cam Newton worries me. I hope he will put a good spark in the offense, it's definitely needed.

:yawn: wake me up when the lockout is over

How about Mendenhall tweeting about Bin Ladin . I'm a Steeler fan and all but what an ass he is

WHAT!!! Since when!!! You can never go home.

I'm not a Saints fan but this is another reason why Drew Brees is a great leader. Paying for practices...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...t=AkCq0oY2GxNPM_hMBApc_3tDubYF?urn=nfl-wp1862

I'd reccomend trying to follow as many NFL players on twitter as you can. It's going to be amazing what all these idiots get into with all of this free time. We should have a THP contest on the over/under on NFL players arrested during the lockout (jk).

Im so tired of the lockout BS that Im even having a hard time listening to my favorite Sirius channel, the NFL channel. I hate it. Same thing over and over again. The NFL needs to end this and soon. But really we all know we'll go back to loving the NFL once its back. Its the greatest game on earth right now and we'll all be back no matter how much we hate the lockout.

What's the NFL? hehe

I'm just waiting to see when and where Dez Bryant gets busted for a Nate Newton-sized load of cocaine in the trunk of his car now that he has all this time on his hands

Im so tired of the lockout BS that Im even having a hard time listening to my favorite Sirius channel, the NFL channel. I hate it. Same thing over and over again. The NFL needs to end this and soon. But really we all know we'll go back to loving the NFL once its back. Its the greatest game on earth right now and we'll all be back no matter how much we hate the lockout.

What's the NFL? hehe

I'm just waiting to see when and where Dez Bryant gets busted for a Nate Newton-sized load of cocaine in the trunk of his car now that he has all this time on his hands

I cant wait for the new season to start up for one reason and one reason only. To hear all the Jets fans to rationalize rooting for Plaxico Burress.

What's the NFL? hehe

lol youre getting your Cowboys drug bust mixed up. Nate was a huge mother load of Mary Jane and Irvin was always snorting the booger sugar.

And Dez seems to be very immature so I bet its coming sooner or later. Hes already been banned from the high roller mall in Dallas for saggy pants and whatnot. Among other things Im sure.

lol youre getting your Cowboys drug bust mixed up. Nate was a huge mother load of Mary Jane and Irvin was always snorting the booger sugar.

And Dez seems to be very immature so I bet its coming sooner or later. Hes already been banned from the high roller mall in Dallas for saggy pants and whatnot. Among other things Im sure.

HAHA Booger sugar

Dez Bryant is TO lite, a drama in the making. I don't care how talented he is it isn't worth it.

We may have to start a new Official Football thread! hehe

http://hypervocal.com/entertainment/2011/these-ladies-are-really-hoping-for-an-nfl-lockout/

No it’s not my mother many girlfriends. I’m talking about the ladies of the Lingerie Football League, which, if you didn’t know, is a thing. And I mean a REAL thing too, these girls don’t play around. Well, they are PLAYING, but they’re playing freaking football is what I’m saying. JUST ROLL THE TAPE.

Spoiler for LFL highlights:

Spoiler

In a statement released on the LFL’s Facebook page, the league’s commissioner is letting fans and potential newcomers to the LFL know that they’re prepared to step up to the bigtime should the 2011-2012 NFL season get the ax.

Please be advised that if the NFL owners lose the 8th Circuit Court Ruling coming this week at any point. There is an outside possibility that the owners might simply shut down operations for a season to squeeze the players and NFLPA.

If that were to happen, the LFL has already taken measures including an agreement with our national broadcast partner MTV Networks’ to move LFL Football to Sunday afternoons.

-Mitchell Mortaza, Commissioner

So there’s that. Make of it what you will. I personally don’t see this move making it any easier to convince your girlfriend to leave you alone on the couch for 8 hours on Sunday afternoon, but who knows? Maybe we shouldn’t even tell ‘em that there’s a lockout and just resume watching our ‘regularly scheduled programming’ on Sundays. Then when they’re all confused, just be like, “What are you talking about? This is how it’s always been. Look here’s that quarterback who sent a picture of her schlong to the sideline reporter! And this linebacker who just ripped the running back’s bra off? First ballot Hall of Famer!”

The LFL also illustrates quite poignantly all that is wrong with the WNBA. I mean, you’ve got the same level of substandard talent, but without all the underwear. These women are actually working really hard at impressing the world with their athletic ability when they should really be working hard on looking good in their bra and panties! Because one of those things is achievable, and one is not. Fake boobs first, athletics second — that equals success. Extra points for making out during a game.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/NFL-Roger-Goodell-explains-lockout-cba-at-owners-meeting-052511

Excerpts from the story:

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell delivered his most sobering public message to date about the league’s labor impasse after a two-day owners meeting in Indianapolis. Goodell alluded to the decline in the league’s popularity — particularly drops in internet traffic and television ratings for April’s college draft — as well as slumping ticket sales since the player lockout began in mid-March.

“That is a reflection of the uncertainty and frustration of our fans,” Goodell said during a post-meeting news conference. “We all understand that. That is why we think it needs to get resolved. There are also financial consequences of that.”

Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay warns that if a labor deal isn’t reached by July 4, the start of training camps and preseason contests will be jeopardized. The NFL already has taken into account the possibility of a delayed open to the 2011 campaign by the manner in which the regular-season schedule is booked and having two potential Super Bowl dates (Feb. 5 or 12).

“You miss those preseason games and even a (regular-season) game or two and get started late like Oct. 1, you have lost significant, significant dollars,” Irsay said. “I can’t give you a number, but probably in excess of $1 billion."

While judge-supervised mediation in the Brady v. NFL antitrust lawsuit will begin again June 7 in Minnesota, NFL lead negotiator Jeff Pash described such talks as “artificial” because they are “an extension of (lawsuit) litigation. It’s not in the form of negotiation and collective bargaining and reaching a comprehensive settlement, which is what I think we have to have.”

If the judges rule for the Brady v. NFL plaintiffs, the league will be required to resume personnel moves and player practices toward an on-time start to the regular season. A ruling in favor of the NFL would be a major blow to players who will begin missing paychecks in September if the season is delayed or even canceled. Such a decision also may prompt players to pressure NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith into accepting an NFL deal.

“I think 90 percent of the players and 90 percent of the owners or more want to get a deal,” Irsay said. “I guarantee you that sentiment is there. I think we have to push past that aspect of thinking rather than either side doesn’t or whatever.”

Otherwise, the city that houses Indianapolis' pro team may not have a championship game to host in nine months.

You heard it here 1st (before any FA signings, injuries, holdouts, etc)...

Saints > Chargers

GO STEELERS!!!

You heard it here 1st (before any FA signings, injuries, holdouts, etc)...

Saints > Chargers

GO STEELERS!!!

Are you putting any cash on that pick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm happy that James Harrison isn't on my team. Guy sounds like he may be poison.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6...elers-blasts-roger-goodell-magazine-interview

NEW YORK -- Heavily fined Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison calls NFL commissioner Roger Goodell a "crook" and a "devil," among other insults, in an interview with Men's Journal.

“ If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn't do it. I hate him and will never respect him. ” -- James Harrison on Roger Goodell

He even rips teammates Rashard Mendenhall ("fumble machine") and Ben Roethlisberger for their performances in this past season's Super Bowl loss to the Green Bay Packers.

"Hey, at least throw a pick on their side of the field instead of asking the D to bail you out again. Or hand the ball off and stop trying to act like Peyton Manning. You ain't that and you know it, man; you just get paid like he does," he said, referring to Roethlisberger's two interceptions in the game.

The 2008 AP Defensive Player of the Year hasn't been shy about ripping the league after he was docked $100,000 for illegal hits last season. In the August issue of Men's Journal, which has Harrison on the cover holding two pistols, his rants against Goodell reach another level of wrath.

"If that man was on fire and I had to piss to put him out, I wouldn't do it," Harrison told the magazine. "I hate him and will never respect him."

His other descriptions of the commissioner include an anti-gay slur, "stupid," "puppet" and "dictator."

Harrison told ESPN that the interview took place "in April or May sometime."

If the Steelers had defeated the Packers in the Super Bowl, Harrison said, he would have whispered in Goodell's ear during the trophy ceremony: "Why don't you quit and do something else, like start your own league in flag football?"

Harrison also questions whether a black player is punished more for a hard hit on a white player than the opposite.

"I slammed Vince Young on his head and paid five grand, but just touched Drew Brees and that was 20," Harrison said. "You think black players don't see this s--- and lose all respect for Goodell?"

Harrison also criticizes other NFL executives, Patriots-turned-commentators Rodney Harrison and Tedy Bruschi ("clowns"), and Houston's Brian Cushing ("juiced out of his mind").

Bruschi is an analyst on ESPN's "NFL Live."

While Harrison criticized some of his teammates, he had high praise for Steelers safety Troy Polamalu.

"He's the one guy in football I respect absolutely, 'cause he's spiritual and lives it like he talks it. You know, he gets more flags than anyone on our team but never gets fined for nothin'. He's so polite and talks so softly that he could tell he could tell Goodell to kiss his a--, and Goodell would smile and say thank you," he told the magazine.

Beyond the insults, Harrison makes some serious points about what he believes are the league's misguided attempts to increase safety. He explains how non-guaranteed contracts make players more likely to hit high, because in the short term, a torn knee ligament is more costly than a concussion.

And Harrison suggests the real way to prevent head injuries is to shorten the season to 14 games, start offseason workouts later and trim the length of training camp so "we're not bangin' heads so much in August; that's where the brain trauma comes from."

In a statement released Wednesday, Steelers president Art Rooney II said he hasn't read the article or spoken to Harrison. "We will discuss the situation at the appropriate time, when permitted once the labor situation is resolved," he said.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

I'm happy that James Harrison isn't on my team. Guy sounds like he may be poison.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6...elers-blasts-roger-goodell-magazine-interview

I'll take him for as long as he wants to play (which he says wont be past his current contract)!!

The only problem I have is calling out his teammates when he didn't have anything close to a stellar game himself (1 tackle if I remember correctly). Even at that, it was all true so I don't see it as being much of a problem in a veteran locker room.

Cowboy fans must be smiling.

I would go into battle with him any day of the week, Harrison is one guy that goes all out evey single play , i think i would be able to deal with the roid rage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back