EXPERIENCE The 2024 SkyTrak Experience

I’d bet a lot of you would have a great time following Shaft Up next week!
Sneak peak and the course and what it holds. I cannot wait to see how these guys attack the course!!

f**k, it’s going to be even better than we imagined.

f**k, it’s going to be even better than we imagined.
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

If you're not excited to be going to Victoria National after following along in Shaft Up #1 today, please go see the doctor:D

If you're not excited to be going to Victoria National after following along in Shaft Up #1 today, please go see the doctor:D
Exactly.. that place is a test of golf!! I am excited but really want to bring a decent swing!!

6 weeks to go until this incredible experience. Seeing ShaftUp #1 over the last two days has me fired up for this one.

I wonder how @Koske is doing playing mind games with the SkyTrak crew to find the last member of the team.

I can't wait to follow this..was so much fun the first time around

This one is going to be good. I want to get a sim bad.

Got an email from Skytrak with links to a YouTube series they are making with Nick Clearwater called
Skylark Training Grounds where Nick explains how to use the Skytrak to improve. This link is to the second part of the series where Nick talks about the five numbers he recommends focusing on.

Got an email from Skytrak with links to a YouTube series they are making with Nick Clearwater called
Skylark Training Grounds where Nick explains how to use the Skytrak to improve. This link is to the second part of the series where Nick talks about the five numbers he recommends focusing on.
Thanks for sharing.. going to give this a watch tonight

Thought I'd update this thread.

My prep consists of two things:

1). Garage Prep
2). Swing prep

Pictures of the garage prep will be coming soon because it must be seen to truly appreciate what I've accomplished, but it's very close and it's going to be spectacular (to me anyhow).

The swing prep is moving along nicely. I've really started to gain more control of my swing of late, and last night at the range I really had an epiphany in feeling and understanding what I'm supposed to be doing with ground forces. As I looked down the range, I was able to say - "yep, that person is getting nothing from the ground - that person is doing well," etc. Now, being able to recognize it and do it are two different things, but having the awareness of what your body is doing versus what it needs to be doing is a huge step in the right direction IMHO.

I have noticed on a recent golf trip my driver may need a change. Because of my wonky swing when I was fit to my driver, I was put into an 11-degree driver. I have noted my drives are exceedingly high and the ball seems to be spinning too much and hitting a wall. Now that my swing has improved I think I may be able to take advantage of a little less loft and get more penetration and an optimal peak height from a change. My coach will have to make that decision though. We're due for a playing lesson on Friday, but hopefully I can get him to take a few minutes to look at the driver performance.

1). Garage Prep
2). Swing prep

Pictures of the garage prep will be coming soon because it must be seen to truly appreciate what I've accomplished, but it's very close and it's going to be spectacular (to me anyhow).

The swing prep is moving along nicely. I've really started to gain more control of my swing of late, and last night at the range I really had an epiphany in feeling and understanding what I'm supposed to be doing with ground forces. As I looked down the range, I was able to say - "yep, that person is getting nothing from the ground - that person is doing well," etc. Now, being able to recognize it and do it are two different things, but having the awareness of what your body is doing versus what it needs to be doing is a huge step in the right direction IMHO.

I have noticed on a recent golf trip my driver may need a change. Because of my wonky swing when I was fit to my driver, I was put into an 11-degree driver. I have noted my drives are exceedingly high and the ball seems to be spinning too much and hitting a wall. Now that my swing has improved I think I may be able to take advantage of a little less loft and get more penetration and an optimal peak height from a change. My coach will have to make that decision though. We're due for a playing lesson on Friday, but hopefully I can get him to take a few minutes to look at the driver performance.
Great update! Looking forward to the Garage Prep pictures.

1). Garage Prep
2). Swing prep

Can't wait to see the pics.

I was just fit out of an 11° driver to a 9° as well. Drives were so much better.

Can't wait to see the pics.

I was just fit out of an 11° driver to a 9° as well. Drives were so much better.
Weird, its like lofts aren't everything, right?

Weird, its like lofts aren't everything, right?
And the UST LIN-Q Blue shaft as well...just a fantastic combo.

You get fit at GolfTEC?
Not for this one.

I went with Windmill Training Center in Macedonia. They did come up with the ST-G with hulk shaft being a really good fit, like Deg at GolfTEC did but the Darkspeed X with the LIN-Q edged it out.

Having difficulty getting a tree guy out to give as estimate. That's step one in getting the standalone garage built. I do have my current setup in the attached garage but it's cramped

All my Albatross Coins are going on this one

Oh man...the garage sim I wanted to build just took a huge hit.

I thought "Hey, I'll just convert these garage doors to high-lift doors and then I'll have the tons of space that can fit the enclosure I really want." However, I had no clue what the price for a high-lift door conversion was. Turns out it's somewhere between $5,500 and $7,500 dollars for two doors.

I think I'm going to have to downgrade from the 10-foot-wide enclosure I wanted to the 8-foot. I just don't know that there's enough value in the garage door conversion to make it worthwhile from a resell standpoint and it'd be a whole lot easier to stomach just buying a bigger enclosure if I move to a new house, especially since I could get something out of selling the old one.

Oh man...the garage sim I wanted to build just took a huge hit.

I thought "Hey, I'll just convert these garage doors to high-lift doors and then I'll have the tons of space that can fit the enclosure I really want." However, I had no clue what the price for a high-lift door conversion was. Turns out it's somewhere between $5,500 and $7,500 dollars for two doors.

I think I'm going to have to downgrade from the 10-foot-wide enclosure I wanted to the 8-foot. I just don't know that there's enough value in the garage door conversion to make it worthwhile from a resell standpoint and it'd be a whole lot easier to stomach just buying a bigger enclosure if I move to a new house, especially since I could get something out of selling the old one.
Ouch!! I had a very similar revelation. My bonus room is huge. Plenty of room for a golf sim area and still leave space for couches, TV, etc. the only problem is it’s got 8 foot ceilings. The quote to raise to 10 feet was just north of $12k. So, I’m gonna have to go the smaller enclosure in the garage also.

Welcome to the kick the cars out of the garage for a range session club gents. ;)

Welcome to the kick the cars out of the garage for a range session club gents. ;)

It's not a matter of kicking the cars out. I haven't parked a car in my garage since my 22-year-old twins were born.

The problem is the rails for garage doors are only about 8 feet high, so I can't put a sim in the front 2/3'rds of the garage. The back 1/3rd of the garage where there are no rails doesn't have a height problem, but it's only a little over 9-feet from the wall until you start running into the garage door openers. Even if I removed the rails for one door and made it non-functional, each garage door is only 9-feet wide, so I wouldn't have room that way either.

Summary is, no matter where I go unless I convert both doors, I don't have much more than 9 feet of width. I'll live. An 8-foot sim is still going to be plenty nice for me. It's just not what I had envisioned.

It's not a matter of kicking the cars out. I haven't parked a car in my garage since my 22-year-old twins were born.

The problem is the rails for garage doors are only about 8 feet high, so I can't put a sim in the front 2/3'rds of the garage. The back 1/3rd of the garage where there are no rails doesn't have a height problem, but it's only a little over 9-feet from the wall until you start running into the garage door openers. Even if I removed the rails for one door and made it non-functional, each garage door is only 9-feet wide, so I wouldn't have room that way either.

Summary is, no matter where I go unless I convert both doors, I don't have much more than 9 feet of width. I'll live. An 8-foot sim is still going to be plenty nice for me. It's just not what I had envisioned.
Is there room to face it sideways and be behind the railings? That's how mine is setup. I hit from underneath the garage door opener. And this net is 10' wide.

Screenshot_20240417_163325_Photos.jpg

Back