Tales from the pro shop

That putter looks like it's never seen a headcover in its life. Disgusting.
Is he using a concrete bag? That much chatter doesnt even compute.

Figured this was a good place for this. Went to a local shop and saw these bad boys in used rack. Ping Eye 2's for $150 for 1-9 iron a W,S, and L wedge

1000004918.jpg

Look at the offset on the 1 iron. 🤮

1000004920.jpg

1000004919.jpg

Did you get them?
lol, I have 2 sets of irons right now. While the price made me consider it they would never get used and just sit around. I don't need more of that in my life. lol. I know the owner of the shop and if he was there I was gonna ask him what just the 1 and 2 iron would cost me. :ROFLMAO:

lol, I have 2 sets of irons right now. While the price made me consider it they would never get used and just sit around. I don't need more of that in my life. lol. I know the owner of the shop and if he was there I was gonna ask him what just the 1 and 2 iron would cost me. :ROFLMAO:
That 1 iron would be a lot of fun, and by fun, I mean, great putter.

That 1 iron would be a lot of fun, and by fun, I mean, great putter.
Closet to the pin out of a greenside bunker contest with that thing. I'd be in for a round on that bet.

Matching shafts and serial numbers? If so I’ll probably take them.

Matching shafts and serial numbers? If so I’ll probably take them.
I didn't look that close at them. I do know they were all green dot except the 1 iron which was black dot. Also there was an address and phone number band still on them from a previous owner. This band was from Minnesota but they made the journey down to sunny Arizona. They had not been hit out of the desert. :ROFLMAO:

This band was from Minnesota but they made the journey down to sunny Arizona....
Sounds like about 75% of our population this time of year.

Closet to the pin out of a greenside bunker contest with that thing. I'd be in for a round on that bet.
My son's friend has one that they hit balls off the gravel driveway with. I think it's left handed though.

Today we sold a set of used PXG 0211 irons in pretty nice shape, 5-GW with Dart 75 F4 for $329. 😲

Today we sold a set of used PXG 0211 irons in pretty nice shape, 5-GW with Dart 75 F4 for $329. 😲
Seems about $100 lower than the going rate for those.

Something tells me the average age of @MGoBlue's clientele is about 84.

Just thinking it's not teenagers bringing in those 1970's-era clubs.
Oh the ages run the gamut. Sometimes the older clubs are brought in by younger guys that got the clubs from their father or grandfather.

Oh the ages run the gamut. Sometimes the older clubs are brought in by younger guys that got the clubs from their father or grandfather.
You guys need an online store!

My father-in-law still games his Ping i3 irons.
I borrowed them over Christmas for a simulator round and they played absolutely great. I was shocked by how easy they were to hit well.

Just don't get me started on his Bullseye putter.
A friend of mine still putts with an old Bullseye. He refuses to get rid of the thing.

Never saw or heard of these before. I know… let’s spend over $100 regripping them. 🙄
IMG_4830.jpeg

Back