Tales from the pro shop

Never saw or heard of these before. I know… let’s spend over $100 regripping them. 🙄
I mean, they're precision weight tuned!

Pro shop tales are told by guys who talk in the 60's, dress in the 70's, shoot in the 80's.

Public Service Announcement:
Buying a full set of clubs from Good Will for $20 and putting $265 worth of grips on them doesn’t make them worth $300+. That is all.
IMG_4856.jpegIMG_4855.jpeg

IMG_4854.jpeg

Some of the grips were so deteriorated and stuck I had to torch them off.

IMG_4857.jpegIMG_4858.jpeg
IMG_4859.jpeg
IMG_4861.jpegIMG_4862.jpegIMG_4863.jpeg
What say you? I say counterfeit.

God, and not even a good one. The little red dots aren’t even in alignment. The putter almost looks too smooth lines wise, if that makes sense.
I know right?

I know right?
If you told me that was plastic, I’d probably believe it.

Has Scotty ever written Masterful on the bottom of a putter?

Or Tourtype SSS on the top of the cavity like that?

God, and not even a good one. The little red dots aren’t even in alignment. The putter almost looks too smooth lines wise, if that makes sense.
Guy said his brother bought it in Japan where he’s stationed in the service. “Even if it’s fake it was $60.” Whatever.

Guy said his brother bought it in Japan where he’s stationed in the service. “Even if it’s fake it was $60.” Whatever.
It’s a fake but if they don’t care 🤷‍♂️

End of the day, good luck getting a putter for 60 bucks lol

You roll it yet?

End of the day, good luck getting a putter for 60 bucks lol

You roll it yet?
No he was bringing it in for a regrip. Of course he wanted me to save the fake Scotty grip. 🙄

I should just get a fake one and save money.

Isn't that kind of their thing to stamp stuff all crooked like a third grader who ate too much sugar, though? :ROFLMAO:

I just love this thread! Cracks me up every time.

And I’m not even the full time club tech. I’m only there 2 days a week. Can’t imagine the stuff the full time guy sees.

Isn't that kind of their thing to stamp stuff all crooked like a third grader who ate too much sugar, though? :ROFLMAO:
"Custom" I believe is what they call it. :oops: :ROFLMAO:

Back