Tales from the pro shop

MGoBlue

2021 Titleist Experience!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I’ll post some oddities that come into the shop from time to time.

“I don’t understand why they slip in my hands, and don’t produce any spin!” Almost every club looked like this.

2606DDBD-68AC-4180-875A-6C68FC83099E.jpeg
8B9A9480-0820-47E0-B6FC-ACD84FA1654D.jpeg

whoa, that grip is worn out! LOL

Haha oh boy... did you charge a cleaning fee as well??

Wow, how does someone let it go that far? Looks like you will get some good stories out of your new gig!

Nah! Plenty of life left in that grip.

They just somehow managed to make a non-cord grip into a cord grip.

uhhhh, wow. I seriously cannot fathom any of that o_O ... although I did see my wife's cousin hit a nice little nipper pitch shot and then noticed his wedge was at least half that dirty!

Is it possible to change grips without physically touching anywhere on those clubs?!? And yes, I mean not touching with or without gloves on? 😂 There has to be raw DNA all over those grips! Send the grips in a bag to 23 and me and let the guy know his heritage, and potential health issues as a bonus! Lol! Awful...

Last edited:
Good God what sort of grass was this guy hitting out of?

Asking for a friend...can you really salvage a wedge like that? And I sit at my desk job thinking that you guys have it made, I mean, how bad can it get?!? Now I know...Thanks for your service! 👍😂

Asking for a friend...can you really salvage a wedge like that? And I sit at my desk job thinking that you guys have it made, I mean, how bad can it get?!? Now I know...Thanks for your service! 👍😂
Oh we don’t clean the heads. They don’t pay us for that.

Have seen many examples of both come into our pro shop for the club repair guy that picks up three times per week. Pretty darn mind blowing what some of these poor clubs are put through.

Yikes!

It does blow your mind when you see some of these things. I have my top 3 things I have seen in the last few years…DEDABC2F-3266-4778-9896-D6F37BE9A84B.jpegAsked about a warranty on this one.
99E80AF8-C8F0-4504-8565-91497DA3124F.jpeg
Didn’t know you could replace grips.
C213EAB5-92A1-4B2F-9649-B416F8F58B11.jpeg
Asked about re-grooving.

Funny enough, just got done replacing the grips on my buddies clubs. This old Taylormade 3 wood I don’t think ever had the grip replaced. It was SLICK! I don’t know how he still held the club after a swing.

CE3CD4DA-CBD0-44BB-B8EC-3463442CEC0C.jpeg

It does blow your mind when you see some of these things. I have my top 3 things I have seen in the last few years…View attachment 9166510Asked about a warranty on this one.
I literally winced when I saw that driver head. 😬

I always get asked to re-grip clubs for friends or guys on the fire department.

Every time I get stuck with grips that are the originals, probably spent 4 years in the back of a pickup truck exposed to direct sunlight...and Im peeling old rubber grips off. So painful.

I literally winced when I saw that driver head. 😬
Dude! I actually lol’d at that! 😂 Wow! How does that even happen?!? Lol! Decided that they didn’t care for the results hitting the face, figured why not adjust the club?!? That’s definitely cringe-worthy, but hilarious!!!

I’ll post some oddities that come into the shop from time to time.

“I don’t understand why they slip in my hands, and don’t produce any spin!” Almost every club looked like this.

View attachment 9166354
View attachment 9166355
Funny enough they'll probably list that wedge on ebay wanting 90% of purchase price also! I don't understand why people wouldn't clean the wedge or any club first before repair....

Back