Tales from the pro shop

Look at what came in today! Brand new, plastic still on the head. Was getting a shaft and grip. Haven’t seen one of these in a long time. Always thought it was one of the best looking component forged heads.

IMG_5031.jpeg

Public Service Announcement:
Buying a full set of clubs from Good Will for $20 and putting $265 worth of grips on them doesn’t make them worth $300+. That is all.
View attachment 9237533View attachment 9237534

View attachment 9237535

Some of the grips were so deteriorated and stuck I had to torch them off.

Just now discovered this thread. I played a set of these Dunlop Max Plus metal woods and irons for years (probably 1986 through 2000 or so). They weren't bad at all!

Just now discovered this thread. I played a set of these Dunlop Max Plus metal woods and irons for years (probably 1986 through 2000 or so). They weren't bad at all!
Hope you enjoy the stories and the pics both crazy and cool.

No pictures of this one, but a guy brought in a Scotty today. Newport. And it was MINT. Never hit a ball he claimed. He wanted a new grip and wanted it extended to 35”. When I measured its existing length it was 29” long!! Turns out the guy bought it from another guy who had bought it for his 9 year old son 😲🙄🤯 and it turns out the kid doesn’t like golf. So the guy sold it to the fellow that brought it in for… get this… $150.

Several of us looked this putter over really well and it looks like the real deal.

No pictures of this one, but a guy brought in a Scotty today. Newport. And it was MINT. Never hit a ball he claimed. He wanted a new grip and wanted it extended to 35”. When I measured its existing length it was 29” long!! Turns out the guy bought it from another guy who had bought it for his 9 year old son 😲🙄🤯 and it turns out the kid doesn’t like golf. So the guy sold it to the fellow that brought it in for… get this… $150.

Several of us looked this putter over really well and it looks like the real deal.
So, if you were to take it on to get to to length, are you putting an extension in, or for that nuch of a change are you swapping the entire shaft out?

So, if you were to take it on to get to to length, are you putting an extension in, or for that nuch of a change are you swapping the entire shaft out?
I put an extension in. Worked fine.

Look at what came in today! Brand new, plastic still on the head. Was getting a shaft and grip. Haven’t seen one of these in a long time. Always thought it was one of the best looking component forged heads.

View attachment 9261362
Talked to the guy that brought this in. He has the rest of the set too. Bought them at a yard sale where the guy had passed away. Got the full set of heads for $5.00.

We are selling it for $20. You can assume we paid much less. 😉
You should have called the people who were so proud of those ebay irons. They'd be thrilled to get a modern club.

This thread is awesome

Back