• Hampton Cove, Huntsville, AL

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Shoals, Muscle Shoals, AL

• Oxmoor Valley, Birmingham, AL

• Ross Bridge, Birmingham, AL

• Other location (please specifiy in post)

• Total voters
Hey Gray, is it that same river (Chatahoochee) that they sing about in a country song that it gets hotter than a hoochie coochie? Not a country fan at all but that song cracks me up.

Good luck with the Doc and smack them straight on the practice round.

Yea buddy! KellyBo and I went rafting down that river that they filmed the movie Deliverance on. It started somewhere in North Carolina, I believe and we hit a cat 4 rapid and the raft flipped over on us. Everybody except the guide fell into the river and KellyBo was sucked into a cave. Scary stuff however I hollared at her and once she saw me she was able to come out ok.....

Yea buddy! KellyBo and I went rafting down that river that they filmed the movie Deliverance on. It started somewhere in North Carolina, I believe and we hit a cat 4 rapid and the raft flipped over on us. Everybody except the guide fell into the river and KellyBo was sucked into a cave. Scary stuff however I hollared at her and once she saw me she was able to come out ok.....

LOL - I'LL NEVER GO WHITE RIVER RAFTING AGAIN! I knew I was going to drown in that cave with water over my head and nowhere to go! I've never experienced such fear in my life. It's a good thing I didn't see the big snakes until later down the river or I would have died of a heart attack.

I hope you guys have a wonderful trip! I was invited to play in a scramble at Houston Lake Country Club on Saturday so I'm all happy that I get to be going somewhere new to play golf too.

SW Fla sent me a pm saying he was thinking about driving on up Thursday night and staying at the Holiday Inn which is right next door to Butter Nut Creek golf course. I called my three buddies and talked to them about the same plan. So all of us are loading up in Danny's truck and heading up to Blairsville Thursday after work. Well after they get off work cause I don't work. Too lazy. Two of us will take turns riding in the back of the pickup truck while the other two get the cab :D. You know us country boys can survive.... Anyways I was thinking maybe Setho might want to come on up Thursday evening and hook up with SW and split a room? We can all sit around a chew the fat and be fresh and rested up for Friday morning. SW you pm Setho and let's get this gig on the road dawg! I might give you boys a few bear wrestling lessons prior to arriving at the cabin which is right on top of the mountain. The lessons might come in good when you head to the outhouse which is located on the south end of the mountain....

I talked to the old man this evening and he confirmed what I posted above. We will just be driving in for Saturday morning's round (and the pairings are good as far as we're both concerned). We're not going to try to play 36, so One-T, don't worry about trying to include us in the afternoon scramble.

Can't wait to see you guys and play that beautiful looking course.

It's the chatooga river gray.

I talked to the old man this evening and he confirmed what I posted above. We will just be driving in for Saturday morning's round (and the pairings are good as far as we're both concerned). We're not going to try to play 36, so One-T, don't worry about trying to include us in the afternoon scramble.

Donnie if you need any help with directions send me a pm and I will give ya my cell phone #. I imagine like most of us, you have a gps device which will take you right to it?

I think I should be good...I've driven right by the entrance several times on the way down to my parents house. I pulled directions and sent them over to my dad tonight.

It's the chatooga river gray.

lmao yep you are right TC! Damn I say Hickory Nutt golf course when it should be ButterNut. You and KellyBo have to keep me straight.

and Union Point instead of Old Union.:laughing: Poor baby will be 60 in a few weeks. He can't help it.

lmao yep you are right TC! Damn I say Hickory Nutt golf course when it should be ButterNut. You and KellyBo have to keep me straight.

nope,too late, your in for 36...hehe. Did that work?

November 9th update for Southeastern outing to Blairsville

November 9th update for Southeastern outing to Blairsville

Ok guys this is the current pairings for November 12th at the Blairsville Ga. Southeastern outing:

Friday Pairings at Butter Nut Creek are:

Group #1
Uncle Daddy
DannyBoy
Bruce
Bubba

Group #2
Rodney
One-T
Ry-dawg

Group #3
SethO
Clam Fist
Little Brother

Group #4
Dirt Guy
TC
ole gray
SW Fla

Saturday's pairings at Old Union Championship Golf Course will be:

Group #1
ol gray
AdWillingham
TC

Group #2
rodney
DannyBoy
Bubba
ry-dawg

Group #3
One-T
Dirt Guy
SW Fla
SethO

Group #4
Uncle Daddy
Dad Willingham
Bruce

Note -- There may be one of our members that will not be able to come. I will post updated pairings when the person informs me of their availability. There is also a good chance we will have a mystery guest come so stay tuned for updates.

Gerd up your loins and get ready to rumble in the 2010 Fall edition of the Southeastern outing!
Caution! Be sure to bring your BC headache powder for aches and pains, muscle soreness to head soreness, & finally from being bit in the arse by bear soreness, etc.

Two more days until the Southeastern outing! I looked at the weather this morning and no chance of rain in Georiga until Sunday night. Beautiful weekend in the forecast although it will be chilly/cold in the mornings so bring you some warm clothes. The afternoons should be absolutely gorgeous so have some short sleeve shirts in your travel bag as well. Myself, DannyBoy, Bruce, Bubba, & SW Florida are headed up tomorrow (Thursday) night. I for one don't want to get up at 04:00 a.m., drive to Blairsville, play golf all day, and have nothing left in the tank for the fun Friday evening. I might even have enough left to give TC & One-T's some competition on the ping pong table! This year we are looking for a new champ as last year's dominant champ (Bama) will not be on the scene. DannyBoy said simply that Bama is just scared so he wimped out on all of us :D..... Bama I hope you are looking in dude and slip up to North Ga Friday night! On the good side of things the member who was doubtful of making this trip has turned the tide and will be with us! The bad thing is he is in for a serious arse whupping on the golf course. Not by yours truly however there will be some real golfers on them thar hills this weekend! We are bringing up seven time senior champ from our course who will bring some serious game with em :golf2:. Ok git your game faces on and see you guys Friday morning and SW we will see you Thursday evening.

Last edited:
Great to hear! So how cold is cold to you southerners?

Great to hear! So how cold is cold to you southerners?

Playing in the high 40's is cold to me and right now, playing in the 50's will be cold since I am still used to Summer temperatures.

Ok, shorts weather it is then. I've been putting on my hibernation insulation so it'll be about right.

Ok, shorts weather it is then. I've been putting on my hibernation insulation so it'll be about right.

lol. You live where I was born, but I am spoiled by living here in the south. How far away are you from Muncie?

My wife said you cant wear those wierd shoes you have near our house...hehe

lol. You live where I was born, but I am spoiled by living here in the south. How far away are you from Muncie?

Around 2.5 hrs NNW from there. I'm looking to get out of here but nothing good has popped up yet. I know Alabama might have some spots soon so I'll probably try for one.

My wife said you cant wear those wierd shoes you have near our house...hehe

Ok... no 5 fingers means the camo crocs will be my main foot attire. :wink:

Around 2.5 hrs NNW from there. I'm looking to get out of here but nothing good has popped up yet. I know Alabama might have some spots soon so I'll probably try for one.

Ah, I have a brother in Alabama, Birmingham to be exact. I think you will like it much better down here man.

Ok... no 5 fingers means the camo crocs will be my main foot attire. :wink:

those are ok, she is used to my bro being around

Ah, I have a brother in Alabama, Birmingham to be exact. I think you will like it much better down here man.

I hope so. This weekend will be my first taste of the south other than Forida.

those are ok, she is used to my bro being around

They're better for driving anyway because they slip on and off so easy. Sometimes I have to wrestle the other things on my feet and then don't want to take em off.

I hope so. This weekend will be my first taste of the south other than Forida.

They're better for driving anyway because they slip on and off so easy. Sometimes I have to wrestle the other things on my feet and then don't want to take em off.

driving with your shoes off is so nice too, I have started doin gthat for long drives

Hey guys, just got off the phone with my uncle and everything is GOOD TO GO!!! The only thing is...and pass the word...althought they have it passed to seel alcohol in the county it still has not reached the stores. so bring your own beer boys. Its a long drive to get beer. Bama bailed us out last time!

i did?? Oh yeah.....I brought a case in a cooler in my trunk for the cabin...
That went pretty damn quick once we realized everything was dry...lol

Back