Shot Scope V5 Golf Watch Review

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Shot Scope’s impact on the distance measuring and performance tracking aspects of golf is well documented at THP. By providing stylish and feature-packed products without the hassle of subscription fees, the company has managed to secure a substantial customer base in a relatively short time. Another way they’ve done that is by creating a diverse product line that is accessible to an extremely wide range of golfers. For example, if you’re not interested in their performance tracking features like those offered in the X5 watch, they offer the very affordable G5 that only tracks distance. If you don’t wear a watch but want to track performance, they offer solutions...

Continue reading...

Great write-up @Hawk . I am going to have to replace my current almost 10 year old Garmin soon and what I don’t like about it is the face gets scratched and is not perfectly clear. I am looking forward to hearing how the ABS bezel performs. I can do without touchscreen although nice feature but screen clarity is a must.

Great write up @Hawk . I might like this one over the X5 that I have.

The touchscreen isn't the best in the world, especially when it comes to colder or wetter weather so I don't think it would be that much of a loss. I'm also curious to see how it performs with the slightly different style. I don't think I would trade in my current ShotScope for it, it doesn't have enough difference to the table but for those that do not have a watch and want one, it is a great option.

I’m torn as I don’t necessarily need the touch screen aspect that my X5 provides today. If they offer reduced pricing like they did when the X5 came out for current customers I may make the jump. 36+ hole battery life is a plus although I typically play 36 holes in a day anymore.

The new face material is interesting.

Ponder mode engaged!!!

Man I love this idea. I wish this would have come out alongside the X5

The touchscreen has been a bit of a frustration for me to the point I don’t wear it to track as often anymore.

Might have to ponder grabbing one of these to get back to buttons versus touchscreen

Man I love this idea. I wish this would have come out alongside the X5

The touchscreen has been a bit of a frustration for me to the point I don’t wear it to track as often anymore.

Might have to ponder grabbing one of these to get back to buttons versus touchscreen
I find myself using the buttons on the X5 to scroll through the menu versus the touchscreen. Might be time to just go to the V5.

Did they change the configuration on the wristband though is the question?

I’m torn as I don’t necessarily need the touch screen aspect that my X5 provides today. If they offer reduced pricing like they did when the X5 came out for current customers I may make the jump. 36+ hole battery life is a plus although I typically play 36 holes in a day anymore.

The new face material is interesting.

Ponder mode engaged!!!
179.99 if you have shot scope account.

[Quote/]

Today we have launched the V5 watch. We are delighted to complete our range of watches, the V5 offers golfers a choice between the GPS only G5, and the premium X5. The V5 follows on from our popular V3 watch, maintaining the renowned functionality in a more stylish and sporty watch.

You can learn more about the difference between V3 and V5 here: https://shotscope.com/blog/announcements/vseries-is-back-need-to-know/

We have worked with our retail partners around the world to secure a launch offer for our existing users - this will vary depending on your location.

For those in the UK and EU, you can claim this offer at your preferred retailer or you can claim the offer here: https://tinyurl.com/bdf59pj8

For those in the US, Canada and rest of the world, you can claim the offer here: https://tinyurl.com/yh8cc937

Full product video:

[/Quote]

Great of Shot Scope to give consumers another option. Really enjoy what Shot Scope offers, and this looks like another good product.

I find myself using the buttons on the X5 to scroll through the menu versus the touchscreen. Might be time to just go to the V5.

Did they change the configuration on the wristband though is the question?
Ya for me it’s the accidental stuff and how wonky it gets if it gets a little sweat or rain on it.

Just give me simple buttons please haha

179.99 if you have shot scope account.

[Quote/]

Today we have launched the V5 watch. We are delighted to complete our range of watches, the V5 offers golfers a choice between the GPS only G5, and the premium X5. The V5 follows on from our popular V3 watch, maintaining the renowned functionality in a more stylish and sporty watch.

You can learn more about the difference between V3 and V5 here: https://shotscope.com/blog/announcements/vseries-is-back-need-to-know/

We have worked with our retail partners around the world to secure a launch offer for our existing users - this will vary depending on your location.

For those in the UK and EU, you can claim this offer at your preferred retailer or you can claim the offer here: https://tinyurl.com/bdf59pj8

For those in the US, Canada and rest of the world, you can claim the offer here: https://tinyurl.com/yh8cc937

Full product video:

Awesome to see ShotScope taking care of existing customers.

Great write-up @Hawk . I am going to have to replace my current almost 10 year old Garmin soon and what I don’t like about it is the face gets scratched and is not perfectly clear. I am looking forward to hearing how the ABS bezel performs. I can do without touchscreen although nice feature but screen clarity is a must.
Should have a sample in hand here before too long, so stay tuned.

Great write up and another great option for those that don't want or need a touch screen.

Interesting product. Hope to be able to see it in hand at the data experience in a few weeks. The touchscreen is a really nice feature but it is definitely clunky. The styling looks as good as the X5

Ya for me it’s the accidental stuff and how wonky it gets if it gets a little sweat or rain on it.

Just give me simple buttons please haha
I’ve had a few of those as well with the touch screen so this option is exciting.

Now what color to get….?

@Hawk - great write up, is the battery life different from the X5 with the 36 hole comment? (I’ve never done 36 a day with my X5 yet 😢)

Nice review @Hawk I'm tempted to replace my X5 with the V5 because of the buttons vs the touch screen.

Full product video:

I think we can tell what color options are available from the product video! That was well done.

Just reading some of the details on the website and it’s nice that the step tracking feature works both in and off the course. Thats a nice perk imho.

Should have a sample in hand here before too long, so stay tuned.
I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts on how the navigation works for you once in hand. Pros and cons compared to the X5.

I’ll be interested to hear your thoughts on how the navigation works for you once in hand. Pros and cons compared to the X5.
Will definitely have an eye on that. I tended to use the buttons more often on the X5 as it is, so it should be an easy transition.

I’m pretty torn on whether to make the transition or not and make the investment just for non touchscreen and improved battery life…

Is the difference between this and x5 just the touchscreen?

ABS bezel. Same functionality in terms of GPS/tracking capabilities.
Great idea to lower the price point.

Great idea to lower the price point.
Yea that's the real bonus here imo. You can grab another segment of consumers. Personally, I really like the look and feel of the ceramic bezel on the X5, but options are good.

Back