Shot Scope Pro L2 Laser Rangefinder

Went to play a new to me course out in Front Royal, VA - Blue Ridge Shadows Golf Club. I struggled a bit with the new to me course, my ball finding some trouble where I carried it a bit too far and ran into creeks and such (carrying too far is a new experience for me.) But I have to say that having my Shot Scope X5 and Pro L2 rangefinder really saved me some strokes today. Blue Ridge Shadows has a lot of elevation changes where you are hitting either up or down into greens depending on the hole, and being able to get the slope adjusted distance to the flag was awesome. As was getting my 100 yard layup number on a few of the par 5's, and one par 4 (18th hole) were a creek runs through the middle and you have to cross it to get to the green.

I like how compact the L2 is. It does not take up much space at all in the bag!

It's a great middle ground - compact, but not so tiny that it's hard to grip in the hand when using it. I have big hands and it's still comfortable and secure for me to hold.

Great space saver and compliment to the X5. Played a course I couldn't recall all the distances on today since I hadn't played it in 5 years. Came in clutch and shot 1 under my handicap.

Left mine at the elks run THP Ohio gathering. 🤬

Such a good unit.

I managed to drop mine right on the concrete cart path Sunday while playing. This is a tough unit. I thought for sure I messed it up.I brushed the dust off and looked through it and it was fine. No issues at all. I then managed to do that again to the L2. Glad to know how tough it is.

I managed to drop mine right on the concrete cart path Sunday while playing. This is a tough unit. I thought for sure I messed it up.I brushed the dust off and looked through it and it was fine. No issues at all. I then managed to do that again to the L2. Glad to know how tough it is.
Unfortunately I have done the same, but the unit is a beast and still looks brand new.

Unfortunately I have done the same, but the unit is a beast and still looks brand new.
You two playing catch 🤣. Great to hear the durability.

I’ve been really enjoying this little unit, it’s quick to pickup the flag and distances are accurate. Having the magnet is super convenient for me as well as I’ve gotten in the habit of shooting the pin right from the cart making club selection even easier.

The only issue if you want to call it that is I keep knocking it out of focus somehow which is a tad annoying but not really a big deal. Last night however we got caught in some rain and my L2 was on the cart. The unit still worked as I could feel the pin lock vibration even though the lens was fogged up but eventually the display became unreadable 🫤 hoping after it dries out all will be fine, I’ll find out later today

I’ve been really enjoying this little unit, it’s quick to pickup the flag and distances are accurate. Having the magnet is super convenient for me as well as I’ve gotten in the habit of shooting the pin right from the cart making club selection even easier.

The only issue if you want to call it that is I keep knocking it out of focus somehow which is a tad annoying but not really a big deal. Last night however we got caught in some rain and my L2 was on the cart. The unit still worked as I could feel the pin lock vibration even though the lens was fogged up but eventually the display became unreadable 🫤 hoping after it dries out all will be fine, I’ll find out later today
Time to test the rice method 😄

I discovered that I was knocking it out of focus putting it in/taking it out of the case. The fit is a bit tight and it sometimes bumps the eyepiece enough to adjust the focus. It's a pretty minor inconvenience, I check the focus first time I use it every round and adjust it if necessary, and it stays in focus the whole round.

Happy to o report 2 days later the fog is gone and my L2 is back to normal

Happy to o report 2 days later the fog is gone and my L2 is back to normal
Glad to hear it cleared up and no permanent damage! I'll still do my best to keep it out of rain just in case, though.

Glad to hear it cleared up and no permanent damage! I'll still do my best to keep it out of rain just in case, though.
Yeah yesterday I was a bit worried as it was unusable and had gotten worse but this morning it was back to normal. Won’t make that mistake again for sure!

Had this waiting for me after being gone for nearly 2 weeks. Excited to get this out on the course. This is my first golf range finder. The simplicity was really appealing when I was looking at different options. And price of course.
C4195F74-A76C-42AE-A2FB-7B4526F14BC6.jpeg

Had this waiting for me after being gone for nearly 2 weeks. Excited to get this out on the course. This is my first golf range finder. The simplicity was really appealing when I was looking at different options. And price of course.
View attachment 9200946

It’s a damn solid rangefinder. Like you said, really hard to beat at the price point. The X5 and L2 have helped my game.

View attachment 9200946
Congrats and good choice. It's a great rangefinder, been using mine for over two months now and have zero complaints about it. The magnet is very strong, it locks onto targets quickly and the accuracy is perfect.

View attachment 9200946
Excellent choice!

View attachment 9200946
You’ll be extremely happy with your choice such a great option and costs a fraction of the competition.

It's a great choice, the Pro L2 was the first rangefinder I used as well and it's been great having it.

View attachment 9200946

nice pick up and such a great unit!

Put this into play for the first time this weekend over 18 and am very happy with it. Just so simple to use and hitting the flag was money. I have to do a little more practice in shooting to specific areas. Like bunkers and such to feel completely comfortable but that will come.
BTW why doesnt every rangefinder not come with a magnet?? I had looked at specs on another that was quite a bit higher priced and had no magnet.
🤷‍♂️

Pro L2 is still going strong, haven't had one issue with it. The magnet is plenty strong, it hasn't come loose even once yet and my course isn't exactly the smoothest ride you've ever seen.

Back