SCOR System Review - Forum Testing

Matt, I will be watching all your vids later tonight or tomorrow.

Great videos folks loving the feeling of being on the course and seeing the instant feedback, you all are really bringing it.

It is a bit early to provide full feedback. But after limited range time and one round, here is my take.

To the testers - this may be too early but I have 3 questions that I would like all of you to keep in mind and answer this when you feel the time is right...
1) Do you think the SCOR clubs offer any significant and noticeable advantages over your current iron or wedge? I think the theory is to have all of your scoring clubs from the same set, rather than a mishmash of clubs. In my situation, it brought something even more to my bag. Because I already played graphite shafts in my irons... The transition to the scoring clubs was rather harsh. My ScorGolf clubs came fitted with graphite shafts as well in a weight that was fitting to the iron set that I already play. Hence the weight transition all but disappeared. To me, having that same basic feel is incredibly important.
2) Aside form the loft spacing (which is a good idea to ensure proper distance gaps) What do these clubs do, especially in the 8-PW lofts, that your current irons or wedges don't do? Here, I can only speak to the PW (45*), as I received the 4-club set. What it does for me, (away from the weight transition) is puts a club in my hand that I know I can drag through the turf with predictable results. With my Burner 2.0 PW, the ball always came off too hot on chips and I had no confidence in it. I think that was the case because I expected the sole of the club to catch in the turf (which it did very often), so I swung nominally harder to overcome that. I've only used the Scor PW a few time in this situation and I'm still trying to get a feel for it, but I have not had the sole drag issue yet.
3) Do you think these clubs are better suited to replace jut your wedges, your higher lofted irons, all of the above, or none? I think that can only be answered by the club swinger. We each have a comfort level. I could easily see me buying the 5 club set which would replace 9iron and down for me. The idea behind the company is to replace those clubs and begin to instill confidence in the golfer sooner rather than later.

As much as I like the concept, I just dont see what these clubs offer that's not already available. Granted, we all have different playing styles but if these clubs are going the same distance and kind of producing equivalent results to the counterpart they're replacing - why replace the originals?? I like wedges and I like the different sole grinds becuase wedges (at least for me) are used in and around the greens any can require manipulation of the clubface vs a stock or full shot. I just dont see the advantage of have a wedge-ish 9iron when a 9 iron is not typically a club I would go to if a the shot called for manipulation.

We all have our own comfort level. For me it's my 8-iron. Hands down it's my favorite (stock) club in the bag. That certainly comes to me because I swing it the most at the range, and on the course. It's my 150 club, which is where I find myself after many tee shots. Would I replace my whole bag with Scor clubs? I don't know... It's way too early to tell, but I am impressed so far with what I'm testing I can say that!

Md, way to knock it dead man. Have a feeling all the testers are going to set some standards here. I haven't even scratched the surface yet either. I like your thoughts on forgiveness. I have my opinions and will put em up later. What's your thoughts on the 55? My favorite so far although the 60 hasn't been used much.

Mcook, way to mix it up man, only a couple shots but it seems you like them.

And one final thing....take note all of us are wearing THP gear! I have the black pinstripe hat on and if I was a lefty you could see it better in my vids.

nice Videos guys like thereviews & the visuals. Keep up the great job!!!

To the testers - this may be too early but I have 3 questions that I would like all of you to keep in mind and answer this when you feel the time is right...
1) Do you think the SCOR clubs offer any significant and noticeable advantages over your current iron or wedge?
2) Aside form the loft spacing (which is a good idea to ensure proper distance gaps) What do these clubs do, especially in the 8-PW lofts, that your current irons or wedges don't do?
3) Do you think these clubs are better suited to replace jut your wedges, your higher lofted irons, all of the above, or none?

As much as I like the concept, I just dont see what these clubs offer that's not already available. Granted, we all have different playing styles but if these clubs are going the same distance and kind of producing equivalent results to the counterpart they're replacing - why replace the originals?? I like wedges and I like the different sole grinds becuase wedges (at least for me) are used in and around the greens any can require manipulation of the clubface vs a stock or full shot. I just dont see the advantage of have a wedge-ish 9iron when a 9 iron is not typically a club I would go to if a the shot called for manipulation.

1. Turf interaction with the SCORs is truly unique. We all talk about forgiveness and where SCOR delivers is in how the clubs interacts with the ground. Too early to tell much more than that.
2. See 1. The sole is the real deal. Also the ball flight is something I will be exploring. 100% 55s went lower than I was expecting. Clubs in that loft range can really balloon on me, SCORs having been staying down which I'd imagine will lead to better consistency.
3. Too early to tell. I need to see more side by side stuff in the 45 and 50 clubs.

I think as the testing progresses you will see the SCOR system in its entirety. It is a system and not a couple wedges. Completely understand your concerns and that's why we are here for ya. Hang in there and stay tuned in to the posts. Right or wrong we will give you the goods so you can decide for yourself.

1. Turf interaction with the SCORs is truly unique. We all talk about forgiveness and where SCOR delivers is in how the clubs interacts with the ground. Too early to tell much more than that.
2. See 1. The sole is the real deal. Also the ball flight is something I will be exploring. 100% 55s went lower than I was expecting. Clubs in that loft range can really balloon on me, SCORs having been staying down which I'd imagine will lead to better consistency.
3. Too early to tell. I need to see more side by side stuff in the 45 and 50 clubs.

I think as the testing progresses you will see the SCOR system in its entirety. It is a system and not a couple wedges. Completely understand your concerns and that's why we are here for ya. Hang in there and stay tuned in to the posts. Right or wrong we will give you the goods so you can decide for yourself.

Very nice info and reply Griff!

V-soles are awesome aren't they Griff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is huge already! Loving it. Good work to all the testers thus far. The V-soles seem to be the real deal.

Very nice info and reply Griff!

V-soles are awesome aren't they Griff?

It's for real. After a short time at the range I stopped worrying about the heavy lies and just let the club do its job. Thin lies same thing. All I have to do is put my swing on the ball.

Really great info here. Love the vids! Really helps to see how they perform as well as hearing about it. Keep up the great work!

It's for real. After a short time at the range I stopped worrying about the heavy lies and just let the club do its job. Thin lies same thing. All I have to do is put my swing on the ball.

Yup, that's what I've found with my Eidolons too. I was a major sceptic but it flat out works if you just let it do it's thing. Very nice.

Just watched all the videos on this thread. One-T mentioned that you do need a repair tool. Bundle these babys with the Greensaver and you've got one helluva deal. Either way, the videos were great and the clubs look awesome.

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

Super Tuna has to be dying right now.

Great job with all the updates and videos gang!

One-T, loved the videos (I am still watching them) but I gotta comment on one particular video that was hilarious.

"I hit it high, well, not really high" and "I pulled it, well, not really pulled it." haha

Great vid cookie.
What wedges were you gaming before these and how would you compare the distance and feel with the 57 to your closest prior wedge in degrees?
That's my question too, cook, I know you said those distances usually result in fat shots for you, but when you hit them well, how do they compare distance-wise?

That was a loud plane!

EDIT: You answered in the very next post!

great updates. i like this thread, but i cant see spending $450 for new wedges. im cheap. but i have really enjoyed his thread and hearing how this concept is going for everyone! look forward to more great reviews!

great updates. i like this thread, but i cant see spending $450 for new wedges. im cheap. but i have really enjoyed his thread and hearing how this concept is going for everyone! look forward to more great reviews!

I'm curious about this. We all have a budget that we have to live within, but in your signature you have a few clubs that each cost more than these. Each of them have limited use when compared to these clubs. I know I have spent a lot more than $450 on wedges over the last couple years trying in vain to find a set that work well for me. I kept buying and trying, because this is the part of my game where I spend the most strokes.

I'm curious about this. We all have a budget that we have to live within, but in your signature you have a few clubs that each cost more than these. Each of them have limited use when compared to these clubs. I know I have spent a lot more than $450 on wedges over the last couple years trying in vain to find a set that work well for me. I kept buying and trying, because this is the part of my game where I spend the most strokes.

i bargain shop. 3 wood i got for $125 new on the bay, mashie $100, irrons were $285, and wedges were $132 new.. but i might try these, i was thinking of getting another set of wedges with lower bounce because my jaws are high bounce and i struggle in certain situations, but the v sole and the dual bounce thing might be what i need

1) Do you think the SCOR clubs offer any significant and noticeable advantages over your current iron or wedge?
I agree with Griff here. With my early tests, the V-Sole is the first advantage that I notice with the SCOR clubs. These clubs seem to get through the ball without digging in, even if you hit ground first. I also think there are some other real good ideas that I haven't explored enough yet, such as the grip marked with concentric lines for repeatable hand placement and the fact that they have an "Owner's Manual" that helps you get the most out of the methodology.
2) Aside form the loft spacing (which is a good idea to ensure proper distance gaps) What do these clubs do, especially in the 8-PW lofts, that your current irons or wedges don't do?
That is a good question. My set of SCOR Wedges starts with the 45, which so far is my least favorite of the four lofts. My early findings is that the benefits on the higher-lofted iron replacements is better turf interaction and consistant feel and (at least for me) a bit better directional dispersion. The down-side of the higher-lofter iron replacement is that if you are transitioning like I am from GI clubs into these, the look at address is pretty different size-wise. If someone were transitioning from a players iron, the visual difference would probably be mainly a touch thicker topline. This may just be a figment of my imagination though since I'm looking for issues in the transition.
3) Do you think these clubs are better suited to replace just your wedges, your higher lofted irons, all of the above, or none?
To be honest, I think the answer to this is half of the beauty of the set design. There really is no wrong answer. If my first two range sessions were a demo and I had to decide set make-up right now, I would probably keep my R11 PW then insert the SCOR 50, 55, and 60 wedges while taking the R11 AW and xFT 54 and 58s out of the bag. I love the wedge replacement qualities of these clubs that were mentioned above. One of the nice things about how this testing thread is going though is all the different perspectives from the users (One-T playing the 41 deg and down, MCook using these only as a wedge replacement, etc.)

Thanks for the questions JWalker...I've put my early thoughts in red above, but I reserve the right to change any and all of the answers as I proceed further :)

This is a good point MD and not picking on Matty when I say this. Right now on the SCOR website a three piece set is $399...that's $133 per wedge (with free shipping). That is right in line with the major OEMs pricing, so the technology is not costing much of a premium.

It is funny how a lot of golfers (me included) don't balk much at a $300-$400 driver price tag, or a $200-$300 putter, but $400 for three wedges SEEMS like a high price tag.

This is a good point MD and not picking on Matty when I say this. Right now on the SCOR website a three piece set is $399...that's $133 per wedge (with free shipping). That is right in line with the major OEMs pricing, so the technology is not costing much of a premium.

It is funny how a lot of golfers (me included) don't balk much at a $300-$400 driver price tag, or a $200-$300 putter, but $400 for three wedges SEEMS like a high price tag.

How true....I thought the same thing....I dropped $399 for my driver without a bead of sweat, but somehow thought, "Man, I'll have to wait until I can spend THAT kinda' money" ..... LOL .....for MULTIPLE CLUBS nonetheless!!!!

Great job testers, doing a great job and appreciate all the feedback.

I know my video productions aren't what you've gotten used to with One-T, but I'll work on it. More importantly, I hope I brought a different view point to the test. The clubs unlike the golfer, just plain work. In the first video I call the shot thin, though it was actually fat. Again, with a different wedge in my hand I would have stubbed that shot a few inches. With the Scor wedge I still had a manageable putt. At the second hole, I proclaim that I cannot hit a golf club better, yet I was on the inside of the club. Honestly, that was my favorite shot of the day, even more so after seeing the mark on the sole of the club towards the hosel. I will say without reservation that the forgiveness I need is built into these clubs. Through two test cycles everyone has talked at length about the forgiveness of the Burner 2.0. I cannot disagree with that, they are forgiving. I hit back to back shots with very similar results... The first (Burner PW) a slight push, the second (Scor 45*) a slight pull. Both made nearly identical contact on the club face and fell equidistant from the green. My friends, if that's not comparable forgiveness in a club like this then I don't know what is.

I spent the majority of my time in close to the green hitting the little chips that I hit so often. More often than not I come up short of the green so I find myself in the positions I videoed yesterday. I have not even scratched the surface of what I want to do with this test, but if you have any suggestions of things you want to see or tips for a hack like me let me know. Thanks again to THP and ScorGolf! I had a blast out there yesterday and I cannot wait to get to the range tomorrow night.

I think you did a fantastic job!!! I loved the different lies and I also loved the approach shot. I will have to steal that from you!!

I am going to answer 1 and 2 together, to me its almost the same question. Wedges are designed to be versatile...so they can cut through rough, allow for high shots, knockdowns, etc. Other clubs are designed to do the same, but with the V-sole technology the SCOR wedges make this much more effortless. I know you have heard the testers speak very highly of the Vsole but this will be my second wedge set with it and I will have wedges with Vsole for many years. I was handed some other wedges and I had no idea what to do with them. Ask the people from The Morgan Cup, I have a great short game, but I didnt that weekend. So, I think replacing any of your current setup, will allow you to do more with your scoring clubs. Unless you game blades....but even then, the SCOR wedges are more forgiving than any set of blades.

3) Do you think these clubs are better suited to replace jut your wedges, your higher lofted irons, all of the above, or none?

I think this is subjective, this is up to you as a golfer. Where do you want to take your game? where are your struggles. I was very skeptical at first, but as I get the opportunity to game these, my thoughts are turning around. Remember, its still early for all of us, but time will tell.

One-T, loved the videos (I am still watching them) but I gotta comment on one particular video that was hilarious.

"I hit it high, well, not really high" and "I pulled it, well, not really pulled it." haha

hahaha, I know I know. My thoughts got all jacked up!

here are my thoughts, this is where you make or break your game. My game has vastly improved since getting my eidelon wedges and I hope to improve more withthe SCORS.

Great job testers, doing a great job and appreciate all the feedback.

Thanks buddy!

Still have some catching up to do, but I was able to watch One-T's vids last night. Nice thoughts man. I'm pretty impressed how well the iron replacements seem to be working.

Back