SCOR System Review - Forum Testing

Was the 51 the only one you had problems with or was there a different shaft in it than one?

It was a reg flex, which was/is ok in my 54 and 60, but when you add the extra lenght to the shaft then the reg really affects my ball flight.

Great posts on the testings of these irons so far! Really enjoying the videos and thoughts on these clubs. So far, my only question is, what is this rain stuff that was mentioned several times?

nice reviews guys! I'm seriously considering these....

It was a reg flex, which was/is ok in my 54 and 60, but when you add the extra lenght to the shaft then the reg really affects my ball flight.

Gotcha.
My SCORfit suggests a 5 club set of 41, 45, 49, 53 and 57.
4 is, 42, 47, 52, and 57.
My current 9i is 41 and PW is 46.
My plan (whether SCORfit or the Eidelons which is still up in the air) is to just do a 3 club set at 51, 56 and 61.

I'm still on the fence on which set to go with.

Last edited:
Gotcha.
My SCORfit suggests a 5 club set of 41, 45, 49, 53 and 57.
4 is, 42, 47, 52, and 57.
My current 9i is 41 and PW is 46.
My plan (whether SCORfit or the Eidelons which is still up in the air) is to just do a 3 club set at 51, 56 and 61.

I'm still on the fence on which set to go with.

Its a tough decision I am sure...I am confused why it spit out a 42* on your 4 wedge set. I would have though it would have spit out 45, 49, 53, 57. I guess it has something ot do with the Burners.

Its a tough decision I am sure...I am confused why it spit out a 42* on your 4 wedge set. I would have though it would have spit out 45, 49, 53, 57. I guess it has something ot do with the Burners.

I think the 42 would replace my 9i and I'd still only have a 5 degree gap from my 8 (37 degree) to the SCOR 42 degree.

I'll be honest, my wallet loves the Eidelons but my eyes are diggin the SCOR's

Test Date: 09/12/2011
Testing Club: SCORGolf 45, 50, 55, 60 Deg – Shaft: Genius 12 (KBS Tour 120) – Stiff Steel
My Club: TaylorMade R11 PW (45) and AW (50) - Shaft: KBS Tour 90 – Stiff Steel and TaylorMade xFT 54 and 58 deg – Shaft: KBS Hi-Rev – Wedge Flex Steel
Ball Used: Range Balls (Rocks)
Environment: Sandy/tight grass range

This will certainly not be as lengthy or organized as the test yesterday, but I did take the SCOR Wedges out for a quick trial on a grass range at lunch today. The range has not recovered yet from the lack of rain that preceded last weeks 12 inches, so course quality lies were tough to find.

45 and 50 deg SCOR Wedges

Started by hitting the R11 PW so that I could see approximately where the balls were landing for distance comparison. Then, hit the 45 deg SCOR Wedge. After those, I hit the R11 AW and the 50 deg SCOR Wedge a couple times each.

Looks – The only new thought I will add on looks is that the 45 deg SCOR Wedge looks significantly smaller in the hitting area than the R11 PW, where I don’t notice the difference as much between the 50 deg SCOR Wedge and the R11 AW. I may try to take some pics to show what I think I’m seeing. Granted, the R11s are a game improvement set, where the SCOR clubs are more like a players set.

Distance – I again saw almost identical distance between the two SCOR Wedges and their R11 counterparts. With the lofts being identical as well as the results I saw yesterday, this was expected, but it is good to get repeatable confirmation. I haven’t done much playing around yet with choking down and/or opening the clubface to get to in between distance, but I will eventually get there. Both sets of clubs produce a nice high ball flight for me.

Contact – I am a digger, so I kind of struggle with repeatable contact off of soft or sandy ground. Between the two sets of clubs, I hit some good shots and some chunky shots out there today. I really felt like the V-sole did its job though, as I can’t remember any shots where the club just dug in badly. The other thing I came away thinking was that the distance on shots that were hit fat was equal or better than the similar contact with the R11.

Overall – After a couple of range sessions, I think the transition is going along nicely. I don’t have any major issues hitting full shots or the occasional half shot with the SCOR Wedges. The ground interaction seems normal to me, divots are very similar if not a touch shallower (great thing for me). Distance is adequate and repeatable.

55 and 60 deg SCOR Wedges

By the time I got to the 55 and 60 deg SCOR Wedges, I was running out of time and range rocks. Therefore, there is no direct comparison today with the xFTs…just some thoughts on the SCORs.

Looks – Whatever hitting area size concern I think I see on the 45 deg is just not as much of an issue on the 50, 55 or 60 deg SCOR. Not sure if this is mental, or if a result of the clubs they are being compared against.

Contact – The higher lofted clubs is where I think the V-sole is going to shine. Again, hit some good ones and some chunky ones out of the sandy turf, but compared to past sessions with the xFTs, I know this is user based error, not the equipment. Again, I didn’t hit a single ball where the club dug in (big plus). Hit a couple partial shots with these and the contact and sound were good.

Overall – Really only about eight balls on this side of the testing today. I again didn’t see anything concerning about putting the 55 and 60 deg SCORs directly into the bag. I don’t traditionally take a lot of full swings with clubs with more than a 50-52 deg loft, so I’m trying some shots I don’t perform often (which is obviously going to cause some mixed results).

Conclusion

As I said yesterday, I really think I’m going to like the V-soles as I start trying them out of differing lies. All four clubs performed well given the user and conditions today. Even just after two range sessions, I have very little concern with relegating the equivalent TaylorMades to the garage.

I plan to get back out to the range again in the next couple of days, and I think shortly, I’ll quit hitting the two brands side-by-side and just focus on the SCORs.

Video bonanza in here. Griff finally got to see the blooper reel. That was hilarious. Love how you just walked over to your ball
One-T I don't know what to say dude. You kill it with video's. Nice shooting too.

Thanks CL!!!

AD, nice recap buddy, I say throw the R11's in the garage for a bit! :)

Great stuff ad! nice break down for sure.

and

One-T, I just want to publicly thank you for switching your avatar! The world is good again!

Great stuff ad! nice break down for sure.

and

One-T, I just want to publicly thank you for switching your avatar! The world is good again!

your very welcome friend!

Really great reviews, have to say probably some of the most in depth testing I have seen. Props!

Here is some VERY raw video from today. Only played 5 holes and had 2 shots with the 57 degree. Sorry about the background noise - will talk louder next time!!

Really nice write ups folks. I looked at the website and wasn't sure about the shaft offerings. Anyone feel like the shaft is a bad fit, good fit, great fit, etc. Has it made you think or wish that you had gone with a different shaft in your initial set up?

Here is some VERY raw video from today. Only played 5 holes and had 2 shots with the 57 degree. Sorry about the background noise - will talk louder next time!!

Great vid cookie.
What wedges were you gaming before these and how would you compare the distance and feel with the 57 to your closest prior wedge in degrees?

Last edited:
Great vid cookie.
What wedges were you gaming before these and how would you compare the distance and feel with the 57 to your closest prior wedge in degrees?

I had the Nike VR Pro in 52 and 56. From what I can tell thus far; I hit the 57 further than I hit the 56 and that is even choked down on the 57. The leading edge on a standard wedge just dug in so quickly for me and I am not seeing that yet with these which is a major deal for me to avoid that fat shot.

Think I will head to the range tomorrow and try to get these dialed in a bit...but I am excited thus far.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I had the Nike VR Pro in 52 and 56. From what I can tell thus far; I hit the 57 further than I hit the 56 and that is even choked down on the 57. The leading edge on a standard wedge just dug in so quickly for me and I am not seeing that yet with these which is a major deal for me to avoid that fat shot.

Think I will head to the range tomorrow and try to get these dialed in a bit...but I am excited thus far.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Thats awesome, a choked down 57 farther than your normal swing 56. Good results so far I'd say.

Cant wait to hear more from all of you guys.....

Can't wait to see your video cookie...

Hey, night crowd....I put up over 20 mins of video feedback today, if your interested kn these please give it a look

**I workabilitied that post using Tapatalk**

Hey, night crowd....I put up over 20 mins of video feedback today, if your interested kn these please give it a look

One-T I'm watching your video's next, mcook just watched yours, that was great man.

One-T I'm watching your video's next, mcook just watched yours, that was great man.

Thanks buddy....I just wanted people to know they were there...

Great job with the videos One-T and Mcook. Glad to see you both having some early success with the clubs.

It seems like it took forever to get my videos to upload, but after a long wait, they are ready. It occurs to me after watching the other videos, and reading the other posts, that I am the high handicapper of the testing group. I say that because I am slightly embarrassed by my results in comparison, but also because I think it is an important part of the test. I believe these clubs can be used successfully by golfers of all skill sets.

For my first review video ever I was hoping for a little better result. But the result of this shot, while not great, is a part of why I like the V-Sole so much. I hit about 3 inches behind the ball which despite calling it thin in the video is fat. But the sole of the club was able to glide across the ground and still make decent contact with the ball. With previous wedges the same stroke would have gained my a couple inches if I was lucky.
[YOUTUBE]VF_pLzbAPxM[/YOUTUBE]

Video 2 is a little bump and run with the 45*. From this distance I would have selected a 56* out of my oldest wedges, and most likely the 54* from my Eidolons. I hit this one a little further left than intended... Let's call it nerves.
[YOUTUBE]sweWnWsewKw[/YOUTUBE]

I was mistaken in this video. Both ball strikes were on the inside of the club. The grass mark of the Scor club looked pretty centered to me, but when I looked at the sole of the club afterwards, I could see the tell-tale tee scratch towards the hosel. That only served to make me believe even more in the forgiveness of the club versus the Burner 2.0. Neither ball hits the green, but by all rights I should have come up much shorter with the 45* Scor club.
[YOUTUBE]Nq3aoZ8QNH8[/YOUTUBE]

Here, at the third hole, I played a decent shot from the fairway with the 50, but the shot from the rough was just plain ugly. MASSIVELY fat, and the ball only went half way to the green :banghead:. I probably should not have mashed the ball down in like that 'eh? Fat has always been my miss, and here it rears it's ugly head in a bad way.
[YOUTUBE]dldl_iALsiw[/YOUTUBE]

The chips from the fringe are only nominally better...
[YOUTUBE]PyiEoktQxjs[/YOUTUBE]

At the fourth hole I dropped several balls at 100 and 85 yards to hit the 50 and 55 respectively, from downhill lies. Unlike the 3rd hole I managed to put decent swings on the balls, and put 4 of the 6 on the green. Afterwards I dropped them short of the green to take some chips again.
[YOUTUBE]Xju4YeF4N-s[/YOUTUBE]

My final video from Sunday. I thought I'd go for a different camera angle. This green is always like concrete. It is the ONLY shot of the whole day that came off exactly like I planned. I dropped a ball at 90 yards and hit the 50* choked down an inch.
[YOUTUBE]b0efwM9BveE[/YOUTUBE]

I know my video productions aren't what you've gotten used to with One-T, but I'll work on it. More importantly, I hope I brought a different view point to the test. The clubs unlike the golfer, just plain work. In the first video I call the shot thin, though it was actually fat. Again, with a different wedge in my hand I would have stubbed that shot a few inches. With the Scor wedge I still had a manageable putt. At the second hole, I proclaim that I cannot hit a golf club better, yet I was on the inside of the club. Honestly, that was my favorite shot of the day, even more so after seeing the mark on the sole of the club towards the hosel. I will say without reservation that the forgiveness I need is built into these clubs. Through two test cycles everyone has talked at length about the forgiveness of the Burner 2.0. I cannot disagree with that, they are forgiving. I hit back to back shots with very similar results... The first (Burner PW) a slight push, the second (Scor 45*) a slight pull. Both made nearly identical contact on the club face and fell equidistant from the green. My friends, if that's not comparable forgiveness in a club like this then I don't know what is.

I spent the majority of my time in close to the green hitting the little chips that I hit so often. More often than not I come up short of the green so I find myself in the positions I videoed yesterday. I have not even scratched the surface of what I want to do with this test, but if you have any suggestions of things you want to see or tips for a hack like me let me know. Thanks again to THP and ScorGolf! I had a blast out there yesterday and I cannot wait to get to the range tomorrow night.

Great videos one-t, good stuff

Those were great vids buddy, I feel like I just played 9 holes of golf with you again. You really have be wanting to play some scor wedges.

To the testers - this may be too early but I have 3 questions that I would like all of you to keep in mind and answer this when you feel the time is right...
1) Do you think the SCOR clubs offer any significant and noticeable advantages over your current iron or wedge?
2) Aside form the loft spacing (which is a good idea to ensure proper distance gaps) What do these clubs do, especially in the 8-PW lofts, that your current irons or wedges don't do?
3) Do you think these clubs are better suited to replace jut your wedges, your higher lofted irons, all of the above, or none?

As much as I like the concept, I just dont see what these clubs offer that's not already available. Granted, we all have different playing styles but if these clubs are going the same distance and kind of producing equivalent results to the counterpart they're replacing - why replace the originals?? I like wedges and I like the different sole grinds becuase wedges (at least for me) are used in and around the greens any can require manipulation of the clubface vs a stock or full shot. I just dont see the advantage of have a wedge-ish 9iron when a 9 iron is not typically a club I would go to if a the shot called for manipulation.

Back