SCOR System Review - Forum Testing

Still have some catching up to do, but I was able to watch One-T's vids last night. Nice thoughts man. I'm pretty impressed how well the iron replacements seem to be working.

me too honestly, I think time will really tell though. As far as the wedges go.... i.e. the 57, 53, and 49.....I think they are excellent.

Here is some VERY raw video from today. Only played 5 holes and had 2 shots with the 57 degree. Sorry about the background noise - will talk louder next time!!

Nice video Cookie!!! You wont see a lot of fat shots where you lose TONS of distance. THis to me is where I have always loved the Vsoles. Good first day with them, I think your gonna be VERY happy with your purchase as you get more time with them

Guys, I am putting this post in most of the testing threads that we have going on THP right now. We love video and pictures and think they add a wonderful element to the review threads. We do want to add that it does not take the place of writeups entirely though. This is not directed at anybody at all, just a reminder that testing should be a great mix of video, pictures and written words.

Thanks everybody and keep up the great work.

Did a low tech range session this morning. No cameras, just my Redline PW the SCORs and some tees. Beautiful day in the 70s with a slight cross wind in to my back. They just mowed so I had nice lies. I did gather some distances and data for future posts. Just a quick run down of my session today.

Started off with the Redline PW as I want to continue to do side by side comparisons against the SCOR 45. Ball flight is very similar with the SCOR having a slighty lower peak. It's not a penetrating flight, just lower than my Redline. This may sound strange but I was actually hitting the SCOR 45 a bit further than the Redline. I am pretty confident I am not losing distance with the SCOR 45. That was my biggest concern going in and it's pretty much been put to rest in my mind. I've hit the 45 a lot so I wanted to move on to the other clubs.

I went to the 55 next as I was having a lot of success on the course with this club. Success continued on the range as well. I really like the trajectory on the 55. It's high, but it doesn't balloon. Nice straight shots with a couple misses to the left. Great feel and I find the 55 to be very accurate. I like to choke down a little with it for whatever reason. Lots of fats as I was rushing and swinging out of my shoes....I do that at the range. Got myself settled down and moved on.

Hit the 60 next. I like but I don't love it yet. I have trouble with 60s and while this one seems much easier to control I will need a lot of practice with it. Full shots really got up there and I was anywhere from 50 yards to 70 yards. I'll solve this 60 eventually, but it wasn't happening today. Just couldn't get comfortable.

50 finished things up. Things turned around here. Starting to feel really good about the 50. Great flight and I don't see many shots running away from me with this stick. Was dropping balls very close to each other during a 8-10 ball run. Feel is very satisfying, slightly muted sound and that sensation in your arms when you know you got it. I started to practice more with changing my distances by changing my grip position. In the past I have adjusted my swing to change my distance. So far it is working. Was able to cover about a 15-20 yard gap with the 50 using 3 different grip positions. Will definitely do my best to adjust to this approach to gapping. It's nothing new, most people choke down. I'm different in that regard, I adjust my swing.

Had a good time at the range today. Beautiful weather and the SCORs were doing quite well less the stubborn 60. Got some good data for future posts as well.

Guys, I am putting this post in most of the testing threads that we have going on THP right now. We love video and pictures and think they add a wonderful element to the review threads. We do want to add that it does not take the place of writeups entirely though. This is not directed at anybody at all, just a reminder that testing should be a great mix of video, pictures and written words.

Thanks everybody and keep up the great work.

No worries JB, we all like to hear ourselves talk. :bananadance:

Have you been able to compare how these feel compared to the Eidolon wedges? Do they have the same shafts? Are the club heads about the same size?
Thanks guy's, and keep the great review's coming!!!!

bhilln,
I spent some time tonight on the range exploring the difference in feel between the wedges. Based on my swing tonight I have to contradict my earlier post. Tonight, the Eidolons had a bit harsher feel to me on full swings. I assume that is due at least in part to the steel shafts versus the graphite I have in the SCOR clubs. I was taking some pretty deep divots out there and with the steel shafts I was feeling it in my wrists and right elbow. With the graphite on the SCOR clubs it was diminished quite a bit. On chipping type swings, the difference in feel is imperceptible to me. As to the size of the club heads, I'll let you judge for yourself. My eyes say that the clubheads are smaller for sure on the lower lofted clubs, but get closer to the same size as they move up in loft.

SCOR 45 vs Burner 2.0 PW (45*)
45.jpg

SCOR 45 vs Burner 2.0 PW (45*)
45-1.jpg

From here down the pictures are all SCOR vs Eidolon. In order they will go 50, 55, 60 with the face view first followed by the topline.
50.jpg

50-1.jpg

55.jpg

55-1.jpg

60.jpg

60-1.jpg

Griff, I really appreciate the comparison to your Redline PW. Gives me a very good idea of how these could work in my bag.

Thanks, I appreciate the comparison. Sounds like the different feel is more based front he shaft than the club head from your initial impression.

Griff, I really appreciate the comparison to your Redline PW. Gives me a very good idea of how these could work in my bag.

Redline PW and GW feel very bulky compared to the SCORs even though the SCORs are heavier. Jury is still out if the Redline PW will be replaced with the SCOR, GW for sure is replaced. If things progress as they have been I'd imagine I will only be carrying 4 Redline irons...odd setup that may or may not work for me. I can crank my 9 iron and the testing may have exposed a 15-20 yard gap in my bag that was there before the SCORs arrived.

Time will tell.

Great stuff in here from the reviewers so far.

question for ya griff - do you find the difficulty with the 60° wedges (in particular the SCOR) to be something about the club in general?

This is from the SCOR website: Once you read it I will give my thoughts.

[h=1]SGC3 Innovative Weight Distribution[/h]While all other short irons and wedges feature a single head design applied to all loft models, SCOR4161's innovative SGC3 Progressive Weighting is a weight management design which creates slightly different weight distribution and back design for every 3° increment in SCOR4161. This gentle but visible re-distribution of mass increasingly higher on the club as loft decreases ensures that each SCOR4161 head design has the center of gravity precisely located to optimize trajectory, distance and spin control with that particular loft. And SGC3 Progressive Weighting optimizes the groove geometry that all new wedges and irons must incorporate to be conforming to the Rules of Golf.
Beginning with the SCOR4161 60° lob wedge, SGC3 Progressive Weighting positions the center of mass low providing higher trajectory and ball stopping spin. As loft decreases to the SCOR4161 42° 9-iron, SGC3 provides just the right amount of heel/toe weighting, a thicker face and a higher center of mass to keep full shots driving forward with just the right amount of spin and forgiveness. The result is unmatched accuracy with short irons and wedges.
  • Forgiving 9-iron, pitching and gap wedges that look, feel and play just alike, providing trajectory and distance control to give you more confidence on full shots from the fairway or rough.
  • Sand wedges that will become your go to club to perform perfectly on a variety shots from the fairway, a bunker or around the green.
  • Lob wedges designed to hit high trajectory / high spin shots needed on recovery shots from the rough or sand bunkers around the green.
SGC3 Progressive Weighting - Short Game Control x 3 - Trajectory, spin and distance control for the shot at hand. Fewer shots lost missing greens long and short. Closer putts. More birdies. And lower scores.

I think this shows that SCOR knows what they are doing when designing a wedge. I have to agree that the forgiveness that they speak about is there. I will say that it is nice for me to be 150 and in and know that I will be using the same style of equipment with the same feel, looks, and performance.

Lob wedges designed to hit high trajectory / high spin shots needed on recovery shots from the rough or sand bunkers around the green.

this is a statement I really wanted to touch on from the site. I have noticed that when playing a shot from the rough, I am not getting those hot shots that scoot off the green. The weighting allows for a little spin even out of the rough. This is something that you have to get used to from other wedges. Now, I am not saying the ball just stops out of the rough. But, I would agree 100% that you get some decent spin from the rough with these clubs.

this is a statement I really wanted to touch on from the site. I have noticed that when playing a shot from the rough, I am not getting those hot shots that scoot off the green. The weighting allows for a little spin even out of the rough. This is something that you have to get used to from other wedges. Now, I am not saying the ball just stops out of the rough. But, I would agree 100% that you get some decent spin from the rough with these clubs.

Thanks for that One-T. That's good stuff, I really want to try these the more that I read. I love these Eidolon's to death though. Maybe a Christmastime gift form the in-laws lol

That's very interesting One-T. My 60° is high out of the rough, but it rolls quite a bit.

Thanks for that One-T. That's good stuff, I really want to try these the more that I read. I love these Eidolon's to death though. Maybe a Christmastime gift form the in-laws lol

Jman, I feel like I should be 100% honest with you and I sa you just need to game your new Eidelons til they wear out and then make a run for the SCORS. I think the tech in the SCORs is just a little newer but I think you will see the same results. I also think that you could get some SCOR wedges to replace your PW and 9 :alien:

That's very interesting One-T. My 60° is high out of the rough, but it rolls quite a bit.

my 60* hardly rools out at all when in the rough. I did hit a shot from the rough to an uphill green and found a way to spin the bal lback about 12 feet. (I didnt see it spin, my playing partners eyes got wide and he got all excited)

Jman, I feel like I should be 100% honest with you and I sa you just need to game your new Eidelons til they wear out and then make a run for the SCORS. I think the tech in the SCORs is just a little newer but I think you will see the same results. I also think that you could get some SCOR wedges to replace your PW and 9 :alien:

Yeah, I actually talked to Beau about that when I got my Eidolons, asked him if he thought a 45* SCORwould flow with my wedges, he was honest ans informative with me that he thought it would really well so that is definitely on my radar. I'll be honest too, I love the Eidolons enough I've considered scoring a backup set before they run out since they aren't making them anymore, especially at the price point.

Yeah, I actually talked to Beau about that when I got my Eidolons, asked him if he thought a 45* SCORwould flow with my wedges, he was honest ans informative with me that he thought it would really well so that is definitely on my radar. I'll be honest too, I love the Eidolons enough I've considered scoring a backup set before they run out since they aren't making them anymore, especially at the price point.

yeah, I am testing the SCORs but I will attest that the Eidelons are the real deal. But....I think by the time your current wedges need replaced the SCORs will have dropped in price a bit....so, to me it would be worth the wait :alien:

That's what's really got me in a pickle, too.
I love the price of the Eidelon's, but I love the reviews in here on the SCOR's.

my 60* hardly rools out at all when in the rough. I did hit a shot from the rough to an uphill green and found a way to spin the bal lback about 12 feet. (I didnt see it spin, my playing partners eyes got wide and he got all excited)

That's some crazy spin from the rough. Thanks to all of you for the solid, honest reviews on these.

That's some crazy spin from the rough. Thanks to all of you for the solid, honest reviews on these.

yeah, dont forget it was an uphill green

yeah, dont forget it was an uphill green

Good point. While I want a set of these in the worst way, I need to hold off a while for testing the Adam's entire set. With all the great wedges making the market right now it has to be tough for anyone to pick a new set, but you guy's are bringing some great clarity to the process.

That's what's really got me in a pickle, too.
I love the price of the Eidelon's, but I love the reviews in here on the SCOR's.

I agree and was on the fence as well when I got my Eidolon's. After talking to Beau about the differences, I didn't think the difference between the two clubs was worth the difference in cost for me. I haven't hit the SCOR's, but have been happy with the Eidolon wedges after about 3 months of gaming them. Beau will price match Kingdom59's price, so $135 for 2 wedges or $189 for 3 wedges is hard to beat anyway you look at it.

Holy carp guys. Really good feedback. I'm extremely interested in how they're fitting in with the more GI type of irons. Wedge game has been a void in my game recently and sometime down the road these may get a workout.

Thanks for all the pics, vids and writeups.

Afternoon all,

The other guys have done a great job of doing unboxing video's and course video's galore. Given that I'll be getting a testing set last is there anything in the unboxing and impressions that someone would like me to touch on?

Back