Official THP Equipment Tester Wanted

I have a couple questions about this, if you guys get a minute..

- Will the fact that some of us can only get on heated ranges during the colder months be an issue? Obviously hitting off the mat at a driving range is a MUCH different monster than on the course, and while we would love to get out every month of the year in the northern states, sometimes it's just not something we can do...

Not everything tested is equipment and for those in colder areas, during those months, other things outside of gear can be tested and written about.

- Will the products we test be reflective of our skill set? For example, at a 6.5 index, I am far more comfortable playing with game enhancement irons, or player irons/blades... Would it be all that much value to THP to have a low handicapper deliver a review on an SGI iron set? I suppose I could also use an example of a golfer who swings at 95 mph with a driver being asked to test a low compression tour ball, but I have a feeling I already know the answer to that..

Im a low index player and test all kinds of irons and I think some of my better reviews have been on SGI irons. Unfortunately equipment testers have to test all kinds of equipment and frankly good ball striking is good ball striking.

- I personally golf with a number of different people, although I consider most to be consistent playing partners. I imagine this situation is the same with a lot of the applicants.. If I am golfing with other people but am currently testing a set of irons, would I be expected to 'hide' them or use my standard set? aka - would you expect all the testing to be done alone, or would we be alright to carry them as long as we don't have our buddies taking photos etc?

No, however if a product is received that is well before release, we hope someone uses proper discretion and is not there bragging to their buddies and watching them snap pictures of it.

Answers are all in bold

Answers are all in bold

Thanks JB. I think it should go without saying that proper discretion would be at the forefront of intentions from most of the active THP members, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something we had to have private range/course sessions on account of the clubs.

Also, I definitely understand about the variety of clubs being tested. For me, I would just have to get out to the local store and do some research on some of the SGI lines to get an idea of the different feels and sizes.

My last question (hopefully)... If we happen to be testing clubs, are we given the opportunity to have them customized to our setup or would they come standard L/L?

Thanks JB. I think it should go without saying that proper discretion would be at the forefront of intentions from most of the active THP members, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something we had to have private range/course sessions on account of the clubs.

Also, I definitely understand about the variety of clubs being tested. For me, I would just have to get out to the local store and do some research on some of the SGI lines to get an idea of the different feels and sizes.

My last question (hopefully)... If we happen to be testing clubs, are we given the opportunity to have them customized to our setup or would they come standard L/L?

Yes irons and everything else can be ordered for review in a customized setup.

Yes irons and everything else can be ordered for review in a customized setup.

Man, I would LOVE to test new stuff - Too bad the manufactorers won´t ship to Europe(can´t really blame them). I just want to wish all of you guys and girls that has a shot of becoming a THPtester - best of luck and know that I´d gladly be in your shoes. What an amazing opportunity!!!!

THP, you guys are the best!!!

Is this for the ladies too?

Yes, that is correct except for lefties and the couple other exceptions listed. Sorry : (

and the fact that your a TOOL doesnt help! hehe

Some great stuff so far everybody. Looking forward to everybody getting their info submitted. Thanks.

man, i can't wait to find out who's selected. i am insanely jealous that i don't have the opportunity, i won't lie. good luck everyone.

I cant wait to get my submission in. It wont be as early as some but it will be there. Great opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just submitted mine. Hopefully it is good enough. It is hard to write when nervous. Good luck guys.

I just submitted mine. Hopefully it is good enough. It is hard to write when nervous. Good luck guys.

No need to be nervous. We will laugh at everyones submissions lol I kid

No need to be nervous. We will laugh at everyones submissions lol I kid

We do at our current ones, so no question about it. Glad to see people are having fun with it.

We do at our current ones, so no question about it. Glad to see people are having fun with it.

*glad I'm FL and not equipment tester*

Sent from my Ally using Tapatalk

*glad I'm FL and not equipment tester*

That came out wrong clearly. What I meant to say was that we all laugh at each other and with each other. Its a fun "job" and everybody gets along great.

I know dude, I was kidding!

That came out wrong clearly. What I meant to say was that we all laugh at each other and with each other. Its a fun "job" and everybody gets along great.

We are glad that so many have taken an interest in this. Plenty of time to still get in.

We are glad that so many have taken an interest in this. Plenty of time to still get in.

working with a new driver(to me), can't wait to write a review for it.

Is there a tentative announcement date JB?

Back