Official THP Equipment Tester Wanted

Whoever gets chosen for this will get to deal with two of the best people you'll ever get the chance to associate with on a regular basis. The "bosses", at least with my dealings with them (I am not a tester, though I have tested one of the group things that have been done, the Wishbone putter grip) I couldn't ask for a better couple of people to work with. It's a tremendous opportunity for somebody and if I had the extra time I would be all over this.

If only I had more time, I would love to do something like this.

This is so cool! I am really looking forward to hearing who gets picked. This speaks volumes for THP and JB an GG!!

This is such a great opportunity for someone. Anyone who's on the fence on this, take it from someone who would love the position but can't get it, just go for it. You will not find a more fun and, not to mention, a cooler bunch of folks to work with like the THP staffers and especially the "bosses". Plus you get to try out a whole lot stuff. How awesome is that?!?! Before it even comes out? That's just sick!

Can't wait to find out who the new tester is and like everyone else has said good luck on those who apply and may the best person win.

Wow this is really awesome....you guys continue to amaze!

Thanks for the kind words everybody. We are excited to add another person to the growing team.

Shame you don't send samples outside the US, I would love to contribute.

What an outstanding opportunity. Congrats on the growth of THP!

very cool, Congrats on the growth. I would love to be a part of this, I am going to have to polish up on my writing skills. haha

We have started to get some really great applications in. We are very excited about this position and expanding THP. If anyone has questions please let me know I am always happy to help.

Do me and P4B get to haze him/her? hehe
We have started to get some really great applications in. We are very excited about this position and expanding THP. If anyone has questions please let me know I am always happy to help.

maybe when this is all said and done you guys could share the reviews? i'd love to read them.

Josh & Morgan -- I am officially withdrawing my name for the equipment tester position. To be perfectly honest, I have no doubt that one of the young guns on this forum, would bring more excitement to the table. I have had my time testing many types of equipment through the years and know the excitement one feels when the opportunity presents itself. There are so many good, honest, and worthy young golfers on here that would relish this chance. Good luck to all who have applied!

ol gray

ol gray, I thought ou would be great for the job. I would love to do it but my writing skills are sub par.

ol gray, I thought ou would be great for the job. I would love to do it but my writing skills are sub par.
This last post aside I don't think your writing skills seem too bad....hehe.

If you're interested don't hesitate to throw your hat in the ring One-T, you'd be amazed at how well the finished product comes out many times.

Josh & Morgan -- I am officially withdrawing my name for the equipment tester position. To be perfectly honest, I have no doubt that one of the young guns on this forum, would bring more excitement to the table. I have had my time testing many types of equipment through the years and know the excitement one feels when the opportunity presents itself. There are so many good, honest, and worthy young golfers on here that would relish this chance. Good luck to all who have applied!

ol gray

Not sure why Gray, but we will take your application out. Maybe its because you were afraid you would find something better than a Snake. I kid Gray I kid. No problems, we will move your review to the side. Thanks for putting it together anyway.

Not sure why Gray, but we will take your application out. Maybe its because you were afraid you would find something better than a Snake. I kid Gray I kid. No problems, we will move your review to the side. Thanks for putting it together anyway.

lmao...

This last post aside I don't think your writing skills seem too bad....hehe.

If you're interested don't hesitate to throw your hat in the ring One-T, you'd be amazed at how well the finished product comes out many times.

I have really thought about it a lot, I would love to review things. I just love the game so it would be an exciting addition. I may throw something out there, we will see. Thanks for the vote of confidence...haha

LOL.. That is funny and I believe you are correct. I know of two products that have my attention all ready. Top secret stuff ya know :eek:)...

ol gray

I am very sad to hear this. I hope you change your mind. We will keep your article to the side but we will not throw it away just in case you change your mind.

Don't be silly none of us are trained writers. I was a finance major and English and writing were my least favorite subjects. I still wonder how I ended up writing as a career when I hate it haha. I have a ton of spelling and grammar errors but overtime they start to get fixed. Plus writing reviews is so much different than the papers you had to write in school and they can actually be quite fun at times. Don't be afraid to submit something you never know what could happen.

i would love to apply for this gig, but it's just not in the stars. too bad old gray, i thought you would be a good candidate.

I am very sad to hear this. I hope you change your mind. We will keep your article to the side but we will not throw it away just in case you change your mind.

Don't be silly none of us are trained writers. I was a finance major and English and writing were my least favorite subjects. I still wonder how I ended up writing as a career when I hate it haha. I have a ton of spelling and grammar errors but overtime they start to get fixed. Plus writing reviews is so much different than the papers you had to write in school and they can actually be quite fun at times. Don't be afraid to submit something you never know what could happen.

very good point.

I would love to apply for this but being a left handed Canadian I guess I am out for ever. Good luck to whoever gets this amazing opportunity.

I have a couple questions about this, if you guys get a minute..

- Will the fact that some of us can only get on heated ranges during the colder months be an issue? Obviously hitting off the mat at a driving range is a MUCH different monster than on the course, and while we would love to get out every month of the year in the northern states, sometimes it's just not something we can do...

- Will the products we test be reflective of our skill set? For example, at a 6.5 index, I am far more comfortable playing with game enhancement irons, or player irons/blades... Would it be all that much value to THP to have a low handicapper deliver a review on an SGI iron set? I suppose I could also use an example of a golfer who swings at 95 mph with a driver being asked to test a low compression tour ball, but I have a feeling I already know the answer to that..

- I personally golf with a number of different people, although I consider most to be consistent playing partners. I imagine this situation is the same with a lot of the applicants.. If I am golfing with other people but am currently testing a set of irons, would I be expected to 'hide' them or use my standard set? aka - would you expect all the testing to be done alone, or would we be alright to carry them as long as we don't have our buddies taking photos etc?

Congratulations to the existing team for the growth that you have experienced. I thought THP was growing nicely. You could sense it in the overall tone, the level of activity and the thought process that was clearly going into changes and improvements. Growth in this industry at this time is particularly commendable and speaks volumes for the viability of the original concept as well as the work effort that has gone into THP. Great job folks!

Back