Official Rant of the Day

When you are flying and get a text from a teen the house has a water leak, but cannot connect with anyone to resolve it. Good times
Have them pop over to the local repair store and buy a new cartridge to replace it.

They know all about YouTube - easy enough to fix. =)

The issue is that my billable target is 2000+ hours per year and I’m already allocated. Technically, I am forecasted to bill 102 hours this week if I cpuld do all the work assigned to me. So, for the 30 min I have to spend justifying a dumb ass $10 expanse, it’s 30 less minutes I can bill. I’m already 100+% billable so any “overhead” eats into my ability to physically bill more.

Hope that makes sense.
A manager I once had told me about submitting an expense report after attending a national convention with the company. He had all the documentation needed, but it was sent back to him with a simple note that read, "Try Again!" He sent the whole package back with a note that read,"Don't waste my time. Pay me!"
It does, stepping over dollars to make dimes. Still every finance department.
Oh! Does this bring back memories! I was working for a small, wholesale AlBev distributor back in the day, and was given the responsibility, which I asked for, to get the company computerized. When the system was first installed, we didn't have everything running through it, just order entry, invoice generation, and driver check in. We informed our office mangler, errrrrr, manager that our number would only match his gross. We are a C.O.D. state so there was money to be tallied every day.

The company that I bought the software and hardware from sent a rep to help us through the transition. One day the office mangler was kicking up a fuss about something that turned out to be an actual dime! I'm serious! We went to talk to him and the rep that the computer firm sent almost blew his stack! "All this fuss for a stinking dime?! Hell! I'll give you the G** D***ed dime! Let's go home!" I, nor almost anyone else, knew anything about OCD or anal retentiveness back in those days, but our office mangler had all the hallmarks!

It’s storm season.

Never like the sirens going off.

Normal 35 minute drive home took two and a half hours. Highway got shut down and I guess a 16 year old driver with a 7 year old passenger got in an accident with a semi. Semi driver was the only one to survive. Terrifying stuff

My wife is sick. We thought she had sinus cold and/or allergies (though it's early for them)
She's at the urgent care currently.
Her eye sockets are swollen, she has no white in here eyes (they are all bloodshot), they hurt, they itch and they weep a lot.
It looks like she's been punched in both eyes 1000 times.
She bruises easily so I'm sure that is next on the list since she keeps touching her eyes to get rid of the weeping ooze stuff.
I've never seen her this bad with any of sickness in 27 years including covid.
And there is nothing I can do to help her other than to get her an Excedrin every few hours.

Has anyone else ever seen something like this? Is it just bad pink eye?

My wife is sick. We thought she had sinus cold and/or allergies (though it's early for them)
Her eye sockets are swollen, she has no white in here eyes (they are all bloodshot), they hurt, they itch and they weep a lot.
She bruises easily so I'm sure that is next on the list since she keeps touching her eyes to get rid of the weeping ooze stuff.
And there is nothing I can do to help her other than to get her an Excedrin every few hours.

It could be an extreme case of conjunctivitis - that may take some anti virals that are prescribed.

Yep it was me in early December of last year- Horrid case of it that lasted about 2 weeks for me to get over with the help of anitbiotics and eye drops.

Ugh that is awful! Hope she gets to feeling better soon

Oh Gawd, I won't be telling her she might have 10 more days of this.

She's currently mad at me because I told her immediately family that she needs to be cast in an end of 'world' or 'zombie apocalypse' movie.
She's won't even need movie makeup.

Good thing I have extra bedrooms and comfy couches. She won't forget this. #ohwell

UPDATE: the doctor says it's allergenic pink eye.
She has a new ointment to use and she'll look horrid for another 5-7 days (her words)
It might take a full month before she's fully healed.
She'd most mad that she cannot wear contacts until next month. She always wears them.

I’m beginning to really dislike the search function on the site.

its taken me awhile to get used to but did manage to get a little better at it
It took me a while to remember the nuances of it, but I navigate well enough now with the search feature that I dont have to use google.

It took me a while to remember the nuances of it, but I navigate well enough now with the search feature that I dont have to use google.
Yep it can be finicky at times- but to your point, once you use it enough you figure out what works best.

The site search engine is still a lot better than the Giphy search engine. Sometimes I can't even imagine what terms people had to put in to find a particular gif - I know which one I'm looking for, try every way possible to find it, and keep coming up blank.

Going to wake up to snow in the morning. Thankfully not as much as originally forecasted but morning commute to work will be impacted. Rained all day today so it could have been much more snow.

Snow in April 😡. I want to play golf!

Last edited:
Going to wake up to snow in the morning. Thankfully not as much as originally forecasted but morning commute to work will be impacted. Rained all day today so it could have been much more snow.

Snow is April 😡. I want to play golf!
Wake up to this:

IMG_2106.jpeg

Nothing like snow in April.IMG_2106.jpeg

I wish that people would just telling me I'm being too loud in the office instead of going to HR.
There's 5 people near me =
1 is my boss, 1 is a coworker, 1 is the safety guy & 1 is the sustainability guy. the other was out to lunch.
My coworker & I was having a conversation during the lunch hours about the Catholic church & the Crusades.
90% of it was of a historical context. I have a history degree.
We both were running reports that were were waiting to finish up.
My boss said nothing & the safety guy is a work friend. He'd tell us guys, "shut up" liek a friend would do.
I want to go to the sustainability guy and be like, "dude, just nicely tell me I'm being too loud." I'll respect that b/c I know I can be too loud.
Don't run to HR you little BLEEP!

I told HR, well, you know if I'm too loud, you can just let me work from home again. HR gave a look and just turned and walked away.

I’m over f*ckers today! That is all.

Oral surgery today has kicked my butt

Back