Official Rant of the Day

Today just summed up the total incompetence of where I work and the claims of processes in place then figuring out they don't exist.

1000013616.jpg

This is an 8am meeting to discuss our 8:30-10:30 meeting.

I don't know if I'm gonna be able to keep it bottled up today...

My daugher's been sick for about 4 days, wife for 2.

Son and I are fine, so far this time, so we keep getting sent out of the house to go play together and eat - which is awesome.

Then when we get home I need to do some cleaning and laundry - which is fine.

I guess my only rant is that it sucks when people are sick.

AirPlay might be the biggest pile of **** feature for streaming I’ve ever used

Meetings about meetings. Sounds like a great use of time.
The two hour call only lasted an hour, thought I'd be able to get some work done. I was wrong, coworker comes out asking if I'm on the 10:00. I'm not. Well, I guess I should say, I wasnt...

After 27 years, 5 months and a week of service, myself and more than half, 29 of 50, of our SAP org have been laid off. To be replaced by AI.

Aren’t you glad they “gave you 15 minutes back”
That phrase is insane!

I know you're being sarcastic - but there are a lot of people who are serious. How about scheduling meetings appropriately, instead of just a WAG timeframe.

Do your job person!

The two hour call only lasted an hour, thought I'd be able to get some work done. I was wrong, coworker comes out asking if I'm on the 10:00. I'm not. Well, I guess I should say, I wasnt...
Is it the type of call you can mute and ignore? Or is Greg having to pay attention?

After 27 years, 5 months and a week of service, myself and more than half, 29 of 50, of our SAP org have been laid off. To be replaced by AI.
That is terrible to hear.

Do you have thoughts about next steps? I've offered (and been taken up by some) to help with a resume update if you're at a place where you are trying to get another position. Not something that needs to be immediate, just know that there's a lot of support here for you if you need it.

Yearly performance goal entry for my team. 8 goals per direct report, 6 direct reports = 48 notifications via email that I've entered information into the system. I entered it, yet I get a notification that I just entered it....

Yearly performance goal entry for my team. 8 goals per direct report, 6 direct reports = 48 notifications via email that I've entered information into the system. I entered it, yet I get a notification that I just entered it....
...just in case you forgot...

8 individual goals? You have to set them? That's madness.

Indeed- 8 unique individual goals for my leadership team. Sigh
Even when I worked for the genuine bonkers that was GE, all our goals flowed down from the top, which was essentially make more money for the shareholders (I'm paraphrasing but you get my drift)

Back