Official 2010 THP Putter Shootout thread

More messages coming through.

I want to hear about Bettinardi Putters and more specifically the 2011 lineup.
Odyssey Two Ball blade Tour Milled
Kia Ma vs Bettinardi - which one has the best feel

i've also been receiving tons of emails from thousands of left handed golfers. they want there to be SO many LH putters there so i can have a shootout on which LH putter is the best. the one request i keep getting over and over is for the ghost. those thousands of lefties want to know how it performs on the course!:act-up:

i've also been receiving tons of emails from thousands of left handed golfers. they want there to be SO many LH putters there so i can have a shootout on which LH putter is the best. the one request i keep getting over and over is for the ghost. those thousands of lefties want to know how it performs on the course!:act-up:

Since you are going to be the only LH in attendance, we did not think it was fair to subject any putters to that kind of putting stroke. Therefore, you will be left out of said testing and can be the ruler guy as you take notes and measurements. :alien:

You guys are going to need two weeks to accomplish all the testing, lol. All the excitement being generated is tremendous, (epic).

I am amazed at the following being generated by the 2011 Bettinardi line. Maybe they can send you one of their DAS models to test?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Since you are going to be the only LH in attendance, we did not think it was fair to subject any putters to that kind of putting stroke. Therefore, you will be left out of said testing and can be the ruler guy as you take notes and measurements. :alien:

that's kind of what i figured. haha, it was worth a shot though.

FIFY...
i've also been receiving tons of emails from those that make fun of left handed golfers. they want there to be NO LH putters there so i can have a Pretend shootout. the one request i keep getting over and over is for the ghost. that one leftie wants to know how it performs on the course!:act-up:

thanks hanks, but please, it's lefty, not leftie. and thank god it's a putter shootout and not a wedge one, i'd need to bring my shin guards.

no, that means I'd be getting my shots off the ground....
thanks hanks, but please, it's lefty, not leftie. and thank god it's a putter shootout and not a wedge one, i'd need to bring my shin guards.

no, that means I'd be getting my shots off the ground....

haha, dude, i still laugh about that all the time. i think i always will.

at any rate, it will be fun seeing all these putters being put head-to-head with one another, irregardless of whether or not i participate.

Just a brief announcement to all of those that are following this thread and making requests.

Titleist has just informed us that they will not be participating in this event with their putters.

Just a brief announcement to all of those that are following this thread and making requests.

Titleist has just informed us that they will not be participating in this event with their putters.

really???? never would've thought it.

Scotty Cameron = loser of putter shootout. classy!!!! nothing like losing a contest before it even starts.

hmmm, thats too bad to say the least. I know there are lot's of people here who really enjoy their product and would love to see how they stack up.

hmmm, thats too bad to say the least. I know there are lot's of people here who really enjoy their product and would love to see how they stack up.

Yeah, I agree Duey. Sometimes companies make decisions that I dont understand at all, but at the same time, they are their decisions and I am sure they have their reasons. We respect whatever decisions they make and hope that they see things differently at some point.

Titleist shooting par with their consistency of participation....

Why put your product against others and risk not being the "best". What a bunch of POO's

you summed it up right here....
Why put your product against others and risk not being the "best". What a bunch of POO's

Titleist stepping up to the plate and striking out. Again. Thats pretty lame.

Not shocked at all by that. Just adds to my Scotty distain, participating could have done alot to rid me the bad taste the hardcore fanboys have left over the years with the way they act. Not all Scotty fans mind you, just the completely overzealous ones. JMO.

playing devil's advocate here....Titleist probably knows the lack of love for them on the THP forum and may feel like their offerings may not get a fair shake. but in the end if you're confident enough you'll play the game and hope to win some fans. I've see that happen here with other co's and their clubs.

playing devil's advocate here....Titleist probably knows the lack of love for them on the THP forum and may feel like their offerings may not get a fair shake. but in the end if you're confident enough you'll play the game and hope to win some fans. I've see that happen here with other co's and their clubs.

I too think there are far too many things to even begin to speculate on why they chose not to participate. Im not sure what any reason a company has and it would not be fair for me to guess. Surely they have their reasons. However I will say that two companies that were not HUGE for drivers on the THP forums won the DSO this year (Diablo Edge & Ping G15). Last Putter Shoot Out, SeeMore was virtually an unknown and they won the overall.

Every company has their reasons for the choices they make and I (me personally) will respect whatever those choices are. The good news is that just about EVERY OTHER company is loving this idea.

good point hanks. i have nothing against titleist or SC's at all, just think it sucks that they don't ever participate. i'd love to have a crack with some of their items. whatever though, i just find it funny.

exactly the examples I was thinking of....
I too think there are far too many things to even begin to speculate on why they chose not to participate. Im not sure what any reason a company has and it would not be fair for me to guess. Surely they have their reasons. However I will say that two companies that were not HUGE for drivers on the THP forums won the DSO this year (Diablo Edge & Ping G15). Last Putter Shoot Out, SeeMore was virtually an unknown and they won the overall.

Every company has their reasons for the choices they make and I (me personally) will respect whatever those choices are. The good news is that just about EVERY OTHER company is loving this idea.

Actually, I think there is quite a bit of love on here for Titleist, just possibly not voiced as strongly as some other brands. I myself love the SC lines and hope to add a limited or something special to my little collection down the road. I really hope they decide to participate in future events so I can explore and support their company.

Back