Official 2010 THP Putter Shootout thread

It's ok Hawk...I still plan to check out your requested comparison. I know you're seriously checking out the CG16's for your next irons....
hmmm.... I didn't realize this was the putter shootout thread. Disregard earlier post.

Yeah, I got all excited and missed it too, haha. Disregard my wedge options.

Do you guys have any Damascus to compare feel and stroke vs stainless or other?

I'll compare wedges for you too Duey :) Not sure about the Damascus so mayb JB can answer that one

I'll compare wedges for you too Duey :) Not sure about the Damascus so mayb JB can answer that one

Thanks Hanks, this is going to be great.

Sure do.

Hanks, roll as many of the 2011 Bettinardi putters as you can, I'm addicted to those pictures! How about a Bettinardi Signature Series head to head with a WCP Zen Proto? BAM, that just happened!

Wonderful. I did my own to some degree at the outing, but pretty excited to see what the consensus is from you guy's.

so let it be written, so let it be done
Hanks, roll as many of the 2011 Bettinardi putters as you can, I'm addicted to those pictures! How about a Bettinardi Signature Series head to head with a WCP Zen Proto? BAM, that just happened!

so let it be written, so let it be done

A great question, at least to me, would be: Can a $2500 putter make more putts than a stand $400 putter from the same line? I wouldn't really think so because most of that price is in the styling I would guess, but there should be some strong differences between ones with the DASS material vs the carbon steel. Also, their Modified Fit Face might play a roll.

Hanks, since you're testing the Odyssey Backstryke, can you do a head-to-head "weird-looking putters face-off" and test it alongside the new Axis1 Eagle putter? I saw this one for the first time in a TGW catalog I just received.

image-qv.jpg

Hanks, since you're testing the Odyssey Backstryke, can you do a head-to-head "weird-looking putters face-off" and test it alongside the new Axis1 Eagle putter? I saw this one for the first time in a TGW catalog I just received.

image-qv.jpg

Now thats an odd looking putter. I dont think there any of those down at THP HQ for us to test.

Now thats an odd looking putter. I dont think there any of those down at THP HQ for us to test.

They are not. But we have reviewed it on the home page.

image-qv.jpg

Funny, I jsut saw this is in my TGW catalog last night. I don't think these will be down at THP though for testing Bonk

A great question, at least to me, would be: Can a $2500 putter make more putts than a stand $400 putter from the same line? I wouldn't really think so because most of that price is in the styling I would guess, but there should be some strong differences between ones with the DASS material vs the carbon steel. Also, their Modified Fit Face might play a roll.

Goof idea but this is subject to user error. Maybe THP can invest in a robot putter so the launch monitor can have a date sometime?

They are not. But we have reviewed it on the home page.

Hmm, I must've missed that one. I'll look for it. Thanks JB.

Funny, I jsut saw this is in my TGW catalog last night. I don't think these will be down at THP though for testing Bonk

That's cool. I was just wondering if it could be tested, but if THP reviewed it already, that's good enough for me!

I'm doing a search and can't seem to find it linked in this thread, but where did these results end up getting posted?

Thanks in advance.

Back