NUNCHUK Shaft Review

Awesome review TC! I am really interested in testing one of these

Nice update there TC. Sounds like this combo was working quite well. I can attest to seeing you hit the Octane very high and in a couple different directions. Lower launch with more control is exactly what you needed.

Nice update there TC. Sounds like this combo was working quite well. I can attest to seeing you hit the Octane very high and in a couple different directions. Lower launch with more control is exactly what you needed.

I think you're right Kmac. Perhaps this is just what I needed buddy. I've always felt like if I could drive the ball a little straighter that I could take my game to the next level. Maybe the Nunchuk does the trick? So far, I really like it and I look forward to hearing the feedback from the others.

Thats great write up TC.... Was swinging a significantly heavier shaft weird at all?

Thats great write up TC.... Was swinging a significantly heavier shaft weird at all?

No, it really wasn't. I didn't even really notice the weight until I picked up the Octane. If anything, I think it kind of helps. All I know is that I liked the flight a lot. It might be exactly what I need dude. Time will tell.

Great job TC, I'll have to stay up on this thread. The whole shorter shaft length thing really has me wondering if I should consider cutting down one of my extras for a try before my next shaft purchase. Time will tell if this is the shaft or not.

Great review TC. I have follwed this thread with great attention and would really like to see if one will work for me but i will have to wait for the money before the shaft of course

Heavy praise from you captain.

I am definitely wanting to try a heavy shaft like this- the flexless technology is sweet!

TC, is your R11 playing at 9* or do you have it opened/closed? If it is playing at 9, how much do you attribute the ball flight difference to difference in loft?

TC, is your R11 playing at 9* or do you have it opened/closed? If it is playing at 9, how much do you attribute the ball flight difference to difference in loft?

I have a 9* head, but I have the FCT set to "higher", which adds 1* of loft. Mr. McCall at Nventix says the Nunchuck is most effective when paired with a higher lofted head. In all honesty, it makes me wonder what the Octane might be like with this shaft in it.

That is one classy looking driver now, TC. Great start to the reviewing process too. So they say everyone should see the same flight characteristics with this shaft? (low launch and flight)

TC, you weren't lying, as a high ball hitter (with a miss higher on the clubface, strange similarities again) this really is intriguing. Great write up buddy, I will very seriously be keeping up with this one.

Great initial write up TC. I have mine in hand a long with the R11 tips now and hope to get everything squared away Monday or Tuesday. I can't wait to try it out at the range.

Awesome write up TC. I can't wait to see what the others are saying about this shaft. I would really love to get my ball flight down and of course who doesn't want better accuracy.

That is one classy looking driver now, TC. Great start to the reviewing process too. So they say everyone should see the same flight characteristics with this shaft? (low launch and flight)

That's the idea paulo. Here's some bullet points that I pulled from the Nventix brochure that came with the shaft:

-Reduces spin, resulting in less dispersion, and hitting more fairways
-Controls shaft lag, thus stabilizing the head at impact for true loft and face angle
-Stability creates a "one-piece" feeling in harmony with the clubhead
-Provides greater acceleration of clubhead through impact, creating longer drives
-Produces better performance and control during adverse playing conditions
-Eliminates need to manipulate club face at impact

and most importantly:

-Builds CONFIDENCE - "just aim and swing"

Now, I can't say that this shaft does all this for me, but what I can tell by my eye: it launches lower and the damn ball doesn't go near as far left as I'm capable of making one go with a driver. To say that I'm excited about putting this shaft through the paces is a complete understatement. I love the 44'' shaft too. I forgot to mention how sweet that is. I feel like I'm just going to be more accurate with it.

Very cool so far guys! Hopefully my new super tri will be here Thursday or so, then straight to Golf Headquarters it goes to get setup with the nunchuk. I get off at noon on Fridays so I'll be heading straight to the range :clap::clapp::dance:

Very cool so far guys! Hopefully my new super tri will be here Thursday or so, then straight to Golf Headquarters it goes to get setup with the nunchuk. I get off at noon on Fridays so I'll be heading straight to the range :clap::clapp::dance:

Looking forward to another person's perspective man. I actually think this shaft would shine with a higher spinning driver head. I'm pumped for you.

I was thinking that very setup sounds like it would be awesome. I'm going to watch to try to grab a steal on a supertri head.

Great review TC, I cant wait to hear some on course details. It really is mind blowing to think this heavy of a shaft could work for a 70 year old woman and a 20 year old PGA player, kind of hard to believe

Great review TC! You said that you still pushed a few, do you think those pushes would have cost you on the course? In other words, about how far offline would you say the worst shots were.

Great review TC! You said that you still pushed a few, do you think those pushes would have cost you on the course? In other words, about how far offline would you say the worst shots were.

I don't think they would've cost me strokes. They may have left me further from the green or put me at/around the tree line but than again it's hard to say.

tapatalk: even available for lefties!

Looking forward to another person's perspective man. I actually think this shaft would shine with a higher spinning driver head. I'm pumped for you.

Sweet Multi reviews . Nice job TC

Nunchuk Shaft Experience

Nunchuk Shaft Experience

On Monday I received an email saying that I had won a Nunchuk shaft through a current contest on Nventix facebook page. Since joining THP I have become very aware about what a proper golf shaft can do for your game.

I received the shaft yesterday and immediately threw on an R9/R11 sleeve. This morning I finished it off with a Pure Grip and I was ready to hit the course. I threw it in my R9 Supertri which I tend to hit high. My normal shaft that I use is a Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s. Even with a low launching high end shaft I hit the ball high with this club. The Nunchuk shaft is said to lower launch and spin, so on paper it seems like it could be a perfect fit.

With everything that is going on in my life right now, I had no time to head to the range so instead I decided to do some on course testing. The first shot I hit with it was on the 3rd hole which is a slight dogleg right. It’s a short hole at 285 yards. My drive was a mid flight(a first for me with the SuperTri) that just seemed to go straight. It gps’d at 251 yards(downhill tee shot so it probably flew about 240). Immediately I thought that I was in love.

On the next tee box I did a little more testing. I took 2 Bridgestone Yellow e6 golf balls and 2 Bridgestone Orange e6 golf balls and hit them with different shafts. The Yellow balls were hit with the Nunchuk shaft and the Orange was hit with the Miyazaki shaft.

The first ball I hit with the Nunchuk was mid flight and it was pushed out to the right by about 10 yards. It landed in the rough but had some average distance for me. The second one was slightly pulled and incorporated some “Jake Straight.” It was off the fairway by a couple of yards, and the distance was further than the previous attempt.

The Next set I hit was with my Miyazaki Kusala Black shaft. I notice the ball flight was higher with these 2 balls. The first ball was out towards the right, shorter than the 2nd Nuncuk shot, but longer than the 1st. The 2nd ball was down the right side of the fairway, about 5 yards shorter than my Razr Hawk with stock stiff shaft. Of the 4 balls that I hit with the SuperTri head, this was the best ball. It was in the fairway and about 10 yards further than the others(of course part of that is due to the roll you get in the fairway).

Here are some videos of the swings.

[video=youtube;ZmpQvWSkk-o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmpQvWSkk-o[/video]

I hit it on other holes tonight too. It does lower the flight with the SuperTri, but the distances seemed good and bad. I had some that seemed less than average for me and a couple that were average. One thing for sure, none were as long as my Razr Hawk.

As for some other things about the shaft. As TC mentioned, its 105 grams. YIKES! Are you kidding me, that’s like an iron shaft. However when I swung it, it didn’t feel very heavy. Compared to a lighter weight driver the Razr Hawk, sure the club felt heavier, but between the Miyazaki and Nunchuk I couldn’t tell a huge difference in weight. I expected it to feel overwhelming heavier and it just didn’t.

As for the 1 flex, I play often with Nerfny and my father. I plan on letting both of them taking swings with this. Nerfny tried it once, but drop kicked the ball off of a tree so it wasn’t the best test haha

As for the graphics. I like them, they are kind of plane which suits my eye. I didn’t think I would like the purple color, but it looks sweet when it’s installed in the club.

IMAG0607.jpg

I’m going to try to get to the range on Monday. If I can I will try to get some ball flight videos for everyone to see .So far so good with it.

Thank you Nventix for this opportunity.

Last edited:
Great job ddec, hope the new shaft works out long term.

I loved the reviews guys. This shaft has me so intrigued and I hope to be able to do a test between the Nunchuck and my Shotmaker. That is the experiment that has me most intrigued.

Last edited:
Back