NUNCHUK Shaft Review

I hit the Nunchuk-Supertri combo yesterday at the range. First time I've hit this shaft in a while. First off, I don't hit it nearly as well as the RH. I still think it's too heavy for me which would play a role at the tail end of my rounds. However, when I did go after it I felt like I hit some real quality shots. It definitely lowered the flight off of the this driver which is something I struggled with from the beginning. It was a bit windy yesterday at the range and I found it hard to have a smooth controlled swing with this. I felt like if I tried to swing smooth, I couldn't generate enough speed to get this shaft to work for me.

wish i could try it

I hit the Nunchuk-Supertri combo yesterday at the range. First time I've hit this shaft in a while. First off, I don't hit it nearly as well as the RH. I still think it's too heavy for me which would play a role at the tail end of my rounds. However, when I did go after it I felt like I hit some real quality shots. It definitely lowered the flight off of the this driver which is something I struggled with from the beginning. It was a bit windy yesterday at the range and I found it hard to have a smooth controlled swing with this. I felt like if I tried to swing smooth, I couldn't generate enough speed to get this shaft to work for me.

When I was trying mine I felt the only way to square it up was the swing hard and get after it, every time I tried to smooth one it was a huge push fade. When I went after it I got some decent numbers but then it would go straight but left of my target. I just could not figure out how to square the face up with it. I'd like to try again but after the way I hit my burner 2.0 TP this weekend I'm afraid to try anything, I was BOMBING it. lol

Anyone with a slower SS trying out this shaft?? And better still, how is this compare to Harrison Shotmaker as the concept seem to be the stiffer butt and tip section to reduce side spins?

Anyone with a slower SS trying out this shaft?? And better still, how is this compare to Harrison Shotmaker as the concept seem to be the stiffer butt and tip section to reduce side spins?

While I was trying it I had myself(95-100), my father(low 80's) and my wife(75-80) test it out. For both my father and wife, it produced lower shots that missed out to the right more than their current shaft selection. For my father we were able to test it with a SuperTri with his Senior and Regular flex shafts. Distance was better with both of those compared to the Nunchuk. My wife actually saw better results from a lightweight stiff shafts(Kusala Black 61), than she did with the nunchuk.

Surprised to find that I didn't update my prior post. Within days of that last post in November, I did pick up another Nunchuk shaft and had it fitted with an adapter for my ZL (starting satchel) and S3 drivers.

Before a mid-November trip to Myrtle Beach, I hit it extensively at the range up against an x-stiff Mitsubishi Bassara and x-stiff Whiteboard (flowerband) shafts. All three were so very close in comparison on the Trackman but on the course, things came into focus a bit better.

Although results were pretty darn similar, tempo-wise, I felt more comfortable with the Bassara. By the last round, I wouldn't even consider swapping the Bassara out. The Whiteboard and the Nunchuk were a dead-heat as far as I could tell. They're three great shafts in my mind, I could happily play either.

Still, my experience with all the shafts was very limited relatively speaking. Really looking forward to the start of this season (I haven't even been to the range since the first week of December!) so I can put the shafts through their paces all over again.

As for my Nunchuk shafted Exotics Trilogy, I absolutely love it. On the course, I found myself hitting it longer and more consistently than my CB-1. The Nunchuk makes for an awesome FW shaft, imo. It's FIRMLY in the bag.

Getting ready to put a Nunchuk in my i20. For those of you that had a positive review of the nunchuk...are you still playing it?

Got one of these arriving this week.

Will be tested in the driver and 4 wood, but really not sure what to expect.

Not read through this thread yet but will do over the next couple days. Rather excited. :)

Last edited:
Bump

Putting a amp cell adapter on my nunchuk driver shaft

Low launching and straight shaft with a very forgiving head could be a great combo for me

We shall see!

Bump

Putting a amp cell adapter on my nunchuk driver shaft

Low launching and straight shaft with a very forgiving head could be a great combo for me

We shall see!

Can't wait to hear how it works for you. I have been thinking of throwing a low launch shaft in my amp cell.

Intersting, I didn't realize they were still getting play, pretty cool!
NUNCHUK Shaft Delivers Playoff Win at Barracuda Championship
  • Winner Plays NUNCHUK Shaft While Earning a Spot at 2015 PGA Championship
  • NUNCHUK Shafts Continue to Score Impressive 2015 Results
The NUNCHUK Precision Shaft scored its third professional tournament win of 2015 with a thrilling playoff victory at the Barracuda Championship. By knocking down a 15-foot eagle putt on the second playoff hole, the winner scored his third PGA Tour victory and locked up a spot in next week’s PGA Championship at Whistling Straits. The winner was one of three players that finished in the Top 20, including a sixth place and T-18 finisher, that trust NUNCHUK shafts in their bag.

Last weekend’s win continues a string of strong performances in 2015 by players using NUNCHUK shafts. These included wins at the Arnold Palmer Invitational and the Senior PGA Championship. In addition to his sixth place finish at the Barracuda Championship, a two-time U.S. Open champion that plays NUNCHUK xi iron shafts logged a T4 finish at the BMW International Open on the European Tour and a top-20 finish at the Open Championship.

“PGA Tour players rely on NUNCHUK shafts to help them perform at the highest levels, when the pressure is at its highest,” said Arnie Cunningham, NUNCHUK PGA Tour representative. “When you’re competing against the best players in the world, accuracy is critical. Every week, PGA Tour players tell me that the accuracy and consistency of NUNCHUK shafts give them the confidence to just aim and swing - no matter how narrow the fairway or how small the green.”

“We are excited that NUNCHUK shafts could be a part of another PGA Tour win,” said Mike McCall, nVentix Golf CEO. “Since its introduction, we have seen the NUNCHUK shaft winning at all levels – from the PGA Tour and Champions Tour to junior golf tournaments and local golf courses around the globe. Golfers around the world are seeing how the stability and consistency of the NUNCHUK line of shafts can help bring the fun back to their golf game.”

The revolutionary technology in the NUNCHUK’s groundbreaking design allows the exact same shaft to be used by professionals and amateurs, men and women, juniors and seniors – the original NUNCHUK in their drivers and fairway woods, the NUNCHUK 370 in their hybrids and NUNCHUK xi in their irons and wedges. “When you’ve got a NUNCHUK in your bag, you’re playing EXACTLY what the pros play,” McCall added.

Fairways and Greens,
Mike McCall
Owner/CEO

Saf Joshi
Owner/CFO

I have just installed a Nunchuk in my Callaway Bertha Mini 12* I have the head set to 11* draw and the shaft at 42" all I can say is WOW I have always fought a slice now I have a piercing trajectory with a nice draw and the ball runs out forever. Longer and more accurate than my driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been thinking of finding one of these to try in my driver.

NUNCHUK Shaft Review

Just an update on the Nunchuk I went and done some more research on the shaft and found that the inventor of the shaft Gerry Hogan an Australian guy recommends to play it at 43.5" with a swing weight of D1/D2 that comes out to a head weight of around 205g. I set my Big Bertha 13.5* HT head up to these specs at 12.5* and it plays great not overly long but very straight I'm not a big hitter of the ball by any means with only a swing speed of 85mph but I'm getting a consistent 200 meters in the fairway most of the time.

Just an update on the Nunchuk I went and done some more research on the shaft and found that the inventor of the shaft Gerry Hogan an Australian guy recommends to play it at 43.5" with a swing weight of D1/D2 that comes out to a head weight of around 205g. I set my Big Bertha 13.5* HT head up to these specs at 12.5* and it plays great not overly long but very straight I'm not a big hitter of the ball by any means with only a swing speed of 85mph but I'm getting a consistent 200 meters in the fairway most of the time.

Still tinkering with this shaft I have increased the head weight of my new Big Bertha Fusion driver to 205 grams by inserting a 7 gram weight inside of the 12 gram weight and fitted the Nunchuk shaft at the recommended 43.5" probably the most forgiving driver shaft combination I have ever used.

This shaft is on my radar - not sure why. Super interested

Thinking about putting in a 5 wood

It's still a shaft I'm curious to try. I imagine you can find a good deal on one.

It's still a shaft I'm curious to try. I imagine you can find a good deal on one.

Can't find anything anywhere right now. One on eBay was $225

Back