NUNCHUK Shaft Review

Puttin4Bird

Say what again mf'er!
Reaction score
Handicap
3.5 GHIN
I'll be doing a homepage review on a shaft that has been getting a lot of buzz lately. Jhonattan Vegas used this shaft to win his first PGA Tour title earlier this year. The shaft promised to reduce spin, narrow shot dispersion, increase clubhead acceleration and delivers true loft and face angle. I know I could use all of the above so I am very intrigued to get started with this shaft.

I'll be getting it installed in a Nike MachSpeed Black for testing, here are a couple of unboxing pics, I'll get a picture up after installation in the MachSpeed.

IMAG0167.jpg

IMAG0168.jpg

very cool Jake. Let's see if this driver helps Jake Straight

Color me interested. Very neat stuff.

This is going to be a great test for you Jake!

awesome! Very interested to see if this works as advertised.

Sounds interesting, can't wait to see how it treats you once it's in the machspeed

Jake I am super excited to hear your thoughts on this shaft. It has me more intrigued than just about any shaft on the marker today! Can't wait!!!

Really looking forward to this jake.

really looking forward to this review, its kinda hard to grasp the one shaft fits all concept.

Even though this shaft isn't for me I'm still interested in hearing your thoughts on it as it seems have quite the following.

Go get em Jake! I am intrigued by this shaft as well. Just waiting on a tip to show up and this baby is going straight into my R11.

looking forward to your thoughts, buddy!

This shaft has me very intrigued so I am looking forward to reading the review

Their website is pretty convincing...at least in a theoretical way. Looking forward to some real results. I hate the name, but it goes along with the design concept.

Looking forward to your review Jake!

Will you be doing any testing with a launch monitor of any kind or just visual and feel observations?

Are you going to set up at recommended 43.5 inches (44 max), and how are you going to increase the headweight to keep the swingweight at the recommended D1-2?

Are you going to set up at recommended 43.5 inches (44 max), and how are you going to increase the headweight to keep the swingweight at the recommended D1-2?

Actually, in my letter from Mike McCall, the CEO, he recommends 44'' or 44.5'' (which is the tour average).

Interesting stuff. I liked the Fubuki in the Machspeed Black quite a bit, so it'll be interesting to see how this performed. Has a bit of buzz going on already, lets see how it performs in testing - like only THP can perform!

Actually, in my letter from Mike McCall, the CEO, he recommends 44'' or 44.5'' (which is the tour average).

Hi - I sent you a PM - let me know if you receive (I can't tell if it was sent successfully or not).

You may want to try it with a loft that is slightly higher than your normal driver. It launched low for me.

Hi - I sent you a PM - let me know if you receive (I can't tell if it was sent successfully or not).

Got it, thanks buddy.

You may want to try it with a loft that is slightly higher than your normal driver. It launched low for me.

I may have to tinker with R11 settings then.

I just came home to a rather nice email saying I was this weeks facebook winner of the Nunchuck shaft. Just ordered some R11 tips and I just got the shipping info for the shaft. Looks like I could be gaming it this weekend! I can't wait to put it to the test and compare it to some other shafts I have. Looking forward to Jake and TC's thoughts on this shaft and how they compare to my own. Thanks Nunchuck!

Back