Nike Golf AND Dick's don't stick by YOU (at least ME)

Status
Not open for further replies.
His dents aren't on the face of the club at all. They're almost behind it.

If that's the case, then I was seeing it wrong. I guess the old saying, "A picture is worth a thousand words" didn't apply this time for me.

If that's the case, then I was seeing it wrong. I guess the old saying, "A picture is worth a thousand words" didn't apply this time for me.

I really don't see how he could have ever managed to hit a ball where that dent is. I really don't. If I had my Covert here at home, I'd take some photos for you.

Think of the point where your R11s comes to a round point and slopes back. The dent is at about that point.

I've gotten many more than 1,000 words out of this thread.

I really don't see how he could have ever managed to hit a ball where that dent is. I really don't. If I had my Covert here at home, I'd take some photos for you.

Think of the point where your R11s comes to a round point and slopes back. The dent is at about that point.

I've gotten many more than 1,000 words out of this thread.

Looks like when I go to town and check out one of those I should pay a visit to the optometrist first.

Wait is that dent where you hit the ball? Man if I owned Dicks/Nike I wouldn't believe you hit a ball there. Sorry dude but that looks like a man I'm pissed and I'm going to slam my driver against this tee marker dent. Did you slip on the swing or something?

That's what concerns me about it. I can deal with idiot marks, most of us have made them at one time or another. The problem I have with it is that you have a club meant to be swung at over 100 mph by some people, hitting what I would consider a hard object from 45" or so away. In designing a club, they should expect people to miss the face on occasion and should make any part of the front of the club able to withstand it.

JB said earlier that there are many drivers designed like that and dents are fairly common. So why are they making them this way? If I hit one of my irons on the hosel (which I never do because I'm such a great golfer:alien:) I expect the iron to hold up, not dent or break just because I hit the ball with a part that I wasn't supposed to hit it with. If it is part of the front of the club it should be expected to contact the ball sometimes. That's why they started making the heads bigger in the first place isn't it, to make them more forgiving on mishits?

So I'm going to stick with my opinion that this was a poor design by Nike and if it can be determined that a dent like that was most likely caused by a ball, it should be covered under warranty. Now if the dent was anyplace other than on the front of the club, then I'd agree that it's the users fault and shouldn't be replaced.

Wish the user the best, but the dent was not on the front of the club. I'm honestly not sure how that even happens and I can see why Nike and Dick's are seeing the situations a certain way.

Would this even have an affect on the performance of the club?

It's a high speed cavity for the side of the driver.

So your saying if I ding my driver I can have a SS of 135mph and drive it 330 yards?

Guys, I am asking again. The OP had a legitimate concern. While many disagree with him, there is NO reason to turn this thread into banter and jokes.

If the ball is teed well forward but you accidentally keep your weight back on your trail foot, I can easily see this happening. That would give the club time to arc back well inside the ball. I have paint chips and scuffs to prove it.

If the ball is teed well forward but you accidentally keep your weight back on your trail foot, I can easily see this happening. That would give the club time to arc back well inside the ball. I have paint chips and scuffs to prove it.

It is possible, but that is a swing flaw and not a club head flaw. But even so, wouldn't it be more of a glancing blow than a direct hit? The dent in the picture looked to me like club was moving forward at whatever it hit, not an out to in motion.

It is possible, but that is a swing flaw and not a club head flaw. But even so, wouldn't it be more of a glancing blow than a direct hit? The dent in the picture looked to me like club was moving forward at whatever it hit, not an out to in motion.

I completely agree, I was just demonstrating one way it might have been possible on a normal swing.

Ok....for the last time! You don't know me. Therefore out of RESPECT I deserve the benefit of doubt! WHY would I lie?!?! I feel sorry for you cynics out there with your personal attacks! I did hit it on the toe! Oops,sorry i'm not perfect! Now....my whole issue about my situation was/is customer service! Period! I have spent HUNDREDS of dollars on Nike products! (a friend was just telling about Nordstroms customer service policy...they NEVER say "No") CUSTOMER SERVICE! Those that mentioned "it looks like you hit on something out of frustration" or "idiot marks" ! Once again you don't know me. Therefore I would give you the RESPECT out of you being honest as I am. Have we all lost faith in our fellow man? This has been in interesting experience on THP.

Thanks!

Ok....for the last time! You don't know me. Therefore out of RESPECT I deserve the benefit of doubt! WHY would I lie?!?! I feel sorry for you cynics out there with your personal attacks! I did hit it on the toe! Oops,sorry i'm not perfect! Now....my whole issue about my situation was/is customer service! Period! I have spent HUNDREDS of dollars on Nike products! (a friend was just telling about Nordstroms customer service policy...they NEVER say "No") CUSTOMER SERVICE! Those that mentioned "it looks like you hit on something out of frustration" or "idiot marks" ! Once again you don't know me. Therefore I would give you the RESPECT out of you being honest as I am. Have we all lost faith in our fellow man? This has been in interesting experience on THP.

Thanks!

Boy, how many times could you possibly ignore the one man who can help you most on here? Go back and look for JB's posts! He's a huge help in everything.

If you address the ball on the tee with your arms extended and stay there, I can see this happening. Your concern was the service you expected to get, but did not recieve. I can see the store and mfg points of not wanting to replace/repair it due to the damage being off the normal hitting surface. I do wish you all the best in finding someone from either point of interaction that would be willing to go above a beyond a normal warranty claim.

LtEvOtApPeD B4

I guess I'm late to this lol without trying to ridicule im kinda surprised you think it should be replaced, I mean like others have said there's a miss hit and then there's A MISS HIT!!! I'd say that's a bit more than just the toe damn. IMO I'd suck it up and take the loss you damaged the crap outta that club regardless if it was on accident man sorry. Just stating my opinion

Thanks!

MK, answer Josh here. He'll most certainly attempt to help. Probably the one person commenting that actually can.

I am late to the party here, but have a couple of questions.
This picture looks like a golf ball hit that spot. Is that correct?
Can I ask how? Normal swing where you slipped or just missed?
I can honestly say I have never seen a dent like that from normal use, so before I can assist, I want to make sure I have all the facts as they are presented.

You used the club only once.
Took a swing and hit it too far out on the toe and it caused this dent?
The rest of the customer service stuff I dont really care about, because I understand their side of it, which I can see.
When you hit the club way out there off the face, and it dented, did anything break internally that you could hear?
Is it possible that you could take a picture from the toe looking at it directly as if it was setup to take a swing? That might help too.

Thanks!
moonknee, you are completely right. We DON'T know you. You have made 8 posts on this site and they have all been in this thread. We don't know anything about you other than you damaged a club and are expecting Dick's or Nike to fix it. We don't know anything about moonknee the person. You came in here complaining and then posted some pictures, and you have to be honest that they do not look like a normal swing caused the damage shown.

HOWEVER, as Darren just mentioned again, the guy who might actually be able to help you (and has stood up for you several times in this thread) has reached out to you and you have ignored him EVERY single time. I have quoted his posts once again for you to see. Hopefully instead of ignoring them, you will get in touch with the guy and see if he can help you out. Might be worth your while.

I am late to the party here, but have a couple of questions.
This picture looks like a golf ball hit that spot. Is that correct?
Can I ask how? Normal swing where you slipped or just missed?
I can honestly say I have never seen a dent like that from normal use, so before I can assist, I want to make sure I have all the facts as they are presented.

You used the club only once.
Took a swing and hit it too far out on the toe and it caused this dent?
The rest of the customer service stuff I dont really care about, because I understand their side of it, which I can see.
When you hit the club way out there off the face, and it dented, did anything break internally that you could hear?
Is it possible that you could take a picture from the toe looking at it directly as if it was setup to take a swing? That might help too.

Hey buddy, while I can understand you being upset with some of the replies, remember tone is hard to tell on the internet. However I genuinely offered to help and got no response so I am guessing you missed my post. Here it is again quoted above.

Thanks!
I can understand your frustration level, you were looking for support and didn't receive it. I would say answer JB's questions and maybe you will get what you're looking for!!

Those that offered your help, thank you! And for those of you that keep telling me to respond to JB, that has been done.

This thread is locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back