My current rankings of top 5 teams most likely to win the championship:

1. Denver
2. Boston
3. (Tie) Milwaukee and the Clips
4. OKC

Tell me where I am wrong and why.
I think this is accurate. I also think that if Denver is healthy they are the biggest favorites since the warriors against the Cavs the 4th time they played.

1. Denver
2. Boston
4. OKC

I don't think you're wrong. I really like OKC, they were always my team.....but it's hard to see them winning this year. They are just so young. I'm not sure i'd have them 5th but it's really not a bad list

1. Denver
2. Boston
4. OKC

I'm tempted to put the Bucks lower than OKC but they have more experience. They just haven't looked good consistently. I don't know if Doc can get them ready by playoffs.

Seems like Boston has the easiest path to the finals.

I'm tempted to put the Bucks lower than OKC but they have more experience. They just haven't looked good consistently. I don't know if Doc can get them ready by playoffs.

I don't know. The West is way better. I honestly think 2-10 are kind of all about the same and any of them could move on in rounds 1 and 2 as long as they don't play Denver. But none of them are beating Denver.

The East stinks after the top 3 teams but I can see Boston losing to Philly or Milwaukee way before Denver losing to anyone in the West.

I don't know. The West is way better. I honestly think 2-10 are kind of all about the same and any of them could move on in rounds 1 and 2 as long as they don't play Denver. But none of them are beating Denver.

The East stinks after the top 3 teams but I can see Boston losing to Philly or Milwaukee way before Denver losing to anyone in the West.
True. I wouldn't be shocked if the Lakers, Wolves, or Suns caused some chaos in the playoffs but not over Denver. Cavs will be fun to watch in the East.

I don't think you're wrong. I really like OKC, they were always my team.....but it's hard to see them winning this year. They are just so young. I'm not sure i'd have them 5th but it's really not a bad list
Your thinking is exactly why I ranked them 5. That team is special, but I think that they probably need to experience the playoffs one time before they could get through four series successfully and win a championship.

I thought about this as well, but since Doc took over, the Bucks’ defensive rating has improved to 11. That is a vast improvement. With both Giannis and Dame who could take over in a playoff game, it tipped the scale for me. However, I will be pretty shocked if Denver or Boston does not win it all.

True. I wouldn't be shocked if the Lakers, Wolves, or Suns caused some chaos in the playoffs but not over Denver. Cavs will be fun to watch in the East.
Donovan needs to get healthy. I like Donovan. He was a flawed player in Utah, but I don’t think the fans treated him very well, either. I would like to see him have a really successful playoff run, something that hasn’t happened for him yet. It may be that he simply lacks positional size to really lead a team to a championship.

The Sixers season

Flying See Ya GIF by Arrow Video

Did anybody see that game winner that Kyrie made today? How good could that guy have been if he weren’t such a head case? There aren’t many to hit the hardwood who have possessed his skills.

Half watching the Suns v 76ers and apparently Suns signed Isiah Thomas and put him in the game…. Didn’t know that guy was still playing…

Half watching the Suns v 76ers and apparently Suns signed Isiah Thomas and put him in the game…. Didn’t know that guy was still playing…
He had been playing for Utah’s G league team.

10 day contract. I think they are trying out a change because things have not been cohesive lately.

It’s going to be interesting to see who finishes with the 1 seed in the West. What a dogfight!

Did anybody see that game winner that Kyrie made today? How good could that guy have been if he weren’t such a head case? There aren’t many to hit the hardwood who have possessed his skills.
People would have him above Isaiah Thomas as best little guard ever I think.

I don’t disagree at all with that assessment.
If only …. Imagine if he stayed in Cleveland with Lebron and he was committed to playing there and winning Championships the free agents they could have attracted and how many Championships they might have won.

If only …. Imagine if he stayed in Cleveland with Lebron and he was committed to playing there and winning Championships the free agents they could have attracted and how many Championships they might have won.
Like I said, if he weren’t a head case. It is worse, though. Think about how many championships Boston might have if he had stayed there and chosen to be the real leader of that team, with the young up and comers, Tatum and Brown. Think about the Nets, if he wouldn’t have gone culture warrior. That team was full of head cases wit Harden and to a much lesser degree, KD, but that trio only played a few dozen games together.

It’s hard to ignore KI being a head case and only winning 1 ring. Plus the classic thing with players from different eras - we have to project how prolific Thomas would have been if he wasn’t held and mugged all the time or how good KI would have been in the 80s when it wasn’t open and free play.

It’s hard to ignore KI being a head case and only winning 1 ring. Plus the classic thing with players from different eras - we have to project how prolific Thomas would have been if he wasn’t held and mugged all the time or how good KI would have been in the 80s when it wasn’t open and free play.
Impossible to ignore. It's why it's a fun conversation. He had the skillset to be an all-time great. Instead, he lampooned his way out of 3 great situations and only has one ring. One of the greatest woulda coulda shoud'ves there is. I think the only more fun one in sports in the last couple of decades is Andrew Luck.

Jokic one rebound shy of a triple double at the half! Finished with 30/14/11.
That's your MVP.

Jokic one rebound shy of a triple double at the half! Finished with 30/14/11.
That's your MVP.
SGA will get some votes and if Embiid were healthy, he would have made it a race, but the MVP has to be Jokic. With three MVPs, he would move into rarified air. Only 8 players have won 3 or more MVPs.

Kareem - 6
MJ - 5
Russell - 5
LeBron - 4
Wilt - 4
Moses Malone - 3
Bird - 3
Magic - 3

Back