MotoCaddy M7 GPS Electric Caddy

My cart hasn’t come close to flipping and it’s been up and down hills/sidehills. It’s pretty remarkable.
I tell people the 3 things I have not done,YET:
1. Run into myself
2. Tipped it over
3. Dumped it in to a Sand Trap.

@BuckNasty @PhillyV @Sox_Fan
I'm really and honestly "Stretched" on what MotoCaddy could improve on this unit.
Got anything that comes to mind?

@BuckNasty @PhillyV @Sox_Fan
I'm really and honestly "Stretched" on what MotoCaddy could improve on this unit.
Got anything that comes to mind?
Only thing I could think of during my use is if the gps unit could adjust the hazard screen to show front edge/back edge distance at same time. Other than that I can’t think of much. Maybe a follow feature, but that isn’t really a selling point for me because I prefer to keep the cart in front of me using the remote.

The unit folds up nicely, isn’t too heavy to lift or carry, zero issues with stability, battery life is surprisingly long for both cart and remote, easy to adjust alignment if unit is pulling left/ right, easilock system is a game changer for bag stability, touchscreen is very responsive, gps screens/functionality are intuitive and easy to use, and in general it’s just a blast to use out there on the course. I love that it allows anyone to walk the course (especially those folks that may have some health/back issues) without having the burden of pushing/pulling/carrying a bag for a round of golf.

1. Run into myself
2. Tipped it over
I've done all of the above. :ROFLMAO:

1. Run into myself
2. Tipped it over

I have done 2 a couple of times (definitely user error) but have not done 1 or 3.

Remembered to bring my battery and remote today so I was back in normal business. No issues with the back wheel locking up like I had last time out when I had to push it in manual mode after leaving the important things home. Definitely learned my lesson and will keep the axles clean and lubricated.

Although I was not very happy with what I saw at the end, I was diligent about using the scorekeeping and stat tracking features all round. It was very quick and easy and will be something I incorporate in my rounds going forward.

Today was my first round in 2 weeks after having to work for 12 straight days.

The one thing I miss about my Cart-tek was the storage bag that fit on the cart to keep things like a rain suit. Have any of you found a good after market solution? MGI makes one for their carts. Would that fit on the M7?

Cooler Bag link

The one thing I miss about my Cart-tek was the storage bag that fit on the cart to keep things like a rain suit. Have any of you found a good after market solution? MGI makes one for their carts. Would that fit on the M7?

Cooler Bag link
For me, the Pro Series bag that I use in tandem with the cart has more storage than I even know what to do with (including a built in cooler). I haven’t had the need to look for a storage bag attachment for the cart because of that.

For me, the Pro Series bag that I use in tandem with the cart has more storage than I even know what to do with (including a built in cooler). I haven’t had the need to look for a storage bag attachment for the cart because of that.
I agree on the Pro Series Bag
While we were spoiled by MotoCaddy with the addition of the Pro Series Bag, I've modified my "Pre Round Routine" to work with the bag and it's been fine.
With this heat, I've used the Cooler section quite a bit.

Cooler Bag link
WYRMV - I think this would fit on the M7 - I have the Stadium Caddy attached to mine and I just love it.

Please let me know if anyone successfully attaches the MGI Cooler Bag to an M7. I keep waiting for Motocaddy to release a cooler bag for the M7.

I was informed today that I am a trendsetter. Two of my friends have acquired remote controlled electric trolleys in the past 3 weeks. Neither was a Motocaddy but it is cool to see these units start to gain popularity at my little course in small town south GA. The friend I ran into today had his Bat Caddy out for the first time and he had a huge smile on his face and a remote control in his hand. He said he found a great deal on a demo model. My other friend got an MGI. He is a veteran and apparently MGI offers some sweet discounts through the VA.

But I still have them both beat with GPS built into my electric caddy. 😁

That stinks. Let us know how CS is for you if you go that route. I had the pulling left error at first but it just turns out it was user error when installing the wheels
So just a follow up they sent me a return label and told me that there was nothing wrong with it that the wheel is fine? They sent it back and I played today and the cart pulls to the left again it just doesn’t work right it’s secure on the wheel pins when I pick it up to see if the wheels are turning only the right turns when I move the left with my foot it will go but I don’t think it stays on? Sooo frustrated this product is crap right now and I can’t enjoy my rounds

Well we had our first tip over today haha (100% user error, got a little aggressive on side hill). Bag didn’t budge an inch on the tumble thanks to easilock.

Would love if they could add a feature to the round summary that showed total distance traveled (they currently show time length of round). Not sure if that is just a software update or if there is some hardware component that makes it not feasible to provide that feature.

Also - it’s a good thing I don’t mind talking to people because I have 10-15 people a round stop me to ask about the cart. Introverts beware haha, you better work on your social skills if you buy one of these.

Last edited:
The ease of using a remote instead of manually pushing was a huge welcomed relief today. 95 degrees and very humid and I felt no fatigue coming down the home stretch like I'm sure I would have had I been pushing the whole round.

Had a good round and kept score and stats on the unit. Shot a 75 with 39% GIR, 64% FIR and 1.4 putts per hole. Those stats are pretty typical for me at my home course due to the small greens and narrow fairways. The ball was on the collar for 4 or 5 of the missed greens. It is crazy how quick and easy it is to enter all of that into the GPS unit on the cart after each hole. I did miss entering the score and stats for one hole during the round but it was easy to go back and determine which hole I skipped. The scoring summary show me at +3 and 71 total strokes so I knew it was a par 4 that I had made par on that I forgot to log.

Sort of pondering an M7. In-between the older version and the GPS. The GPS seems like a really nice feature, though I do use my Shotscope watch for distances a lot of the time.

Sort of pondering an M7. In-between the older version and the GPS. The GPS seems like a really nice feature, though I do use my Shotscope watch for distances a lot of the time.
I have the same set up you are pondering and I'm here tell you that you will lean on the M7 GPS instead of ShotScope Watch.
It's just easier and quicker.

Last edited:
I have the M7 Remote and am a new Motocaddy user. I absolutely love not having to push a cart in the summer heat. I don’t know what it is like to have the GPS model, but the Remote one is awesome!

I have the same set up you are pondering and I'm here tell you that you will lean on the M7 GPS instead of ShotScope Watch.
It's just easier and quicker.
Do you pay for the GPS services after the first year?

It's still on it's original subscription.
I meant after the initial year does the GPS still work or are you paying for the additional features like the tracking?

Do you pay for the GPS services after the first year?
That’s a good question, I’m not really sure to be honest. It says the cart will revert back to “standard functionality” once the subscription expires, but I have no idea if that functionality includes any GPS features or if GPS is only in the performance plan subscription.

Someone who has the M5 could answer that question better, since their 6-month free trail has probably expired.

I meant after the initial year does the GPS still work or are you paying for the additional features like the tracking?

According to Motocaddy webpage, you don’t lose GPS functionality (front/middle/back) if you don’t renew the annual Performance Plan. You just lose the added features the Performance Plan offers, which has some cool features. Looks like the cost is $70 US annually.

“With the M7 GPS, you can also enjoy a free trial of Motocaddy's Performance Plan, which adds even more features to the GPS including a full hole view, performance tracking statistics, a more detailed green view, automatic course updates via cellular connectivity and automatic firmware updates too.”

All info here.

Back