MotoCaddy M7 GPS Electric Caddy

I haven’t even tried to connect my phone to the unit during play, no need for phone alerts on the gps screen when my phone is literally sitting 3 inches above that screen in the phone holder haha.
I liked the idea of being able to preload the course im playing into the unit out of fear it would take forever to load once at the course but thats not the case. It finds the course and loads and is ready within seconds.

I did have the bluetooth set up with my phones notifications since I wanted to just put my phone in the bag and not worry about it (I was golfing during work hours and wanted to make sure I didnt miss anything) but that feature was a little annoying. It wouldnt update past the first notification and you couldnt read it, you could only acknowledge it. So not quite similar my cars notification system. So I just turned it off

I liked the idea of being able to preload the course im playing into the unit out of fear it would take forever to load once at the course but thats not the case. It finds the course and loads and is ready within seconds.

I did have the bluetooth set up with my phones notifications since I wanted to just put my phone in the bag and not worry about it (I was golfing during work hours and wanted to make sure I didnt miss anything) but that feature was a little annoying. It wouldnt update past the first notification and you couldnt read it, you could only acknowledge it. So not quite similar my cars notification system. So I just turned it off

I only connected to my phone once with notifications and I too found it little "Distracting"
Have not done it since.

Went out and played last night in League play and for the first time, heard a little "squeak" for the left rear tire, so I plan to take a the wheels off and put a little vaseline on the axles. Considering how much I've used it, think I did pretty good.

Had a chance to use the moving of the pin on the green feature last night. Showed my opponent how it worked along with all of the hazards.
Such a great feature.

Used the cart on Saturday for a full 18 holes - Got 14,000 Steps in.
It was a scramble so I didn't use my X5 so the GPS on the cart came in so handy.

This just such a nice unit. I'm really enjoying using and demonstrating the features to others.

@BuckNasty @Sox_Fan @PhillyV - Where do you keep your battery when not in use?
I usually charge mine up in the Garage and then keep in my Trunk.

I have been just putting it and the remote on the floor by my golf bag after I finished charging them. After obviously getting distracted last time and leaving them home, I will probably start putting them in my trunk after charging them.

I keep mine in the trunk after charging with the rest of my golf stuff.

Edited to add: I do keep it inside during the winter.

I keep my entire unit in my house (cart and battery). I could keep it in my garage too, but better temp control in my house.

I also have a family of 5 with 3 small children so I need all the trunk space I can get most days.

I recall reading somewhere to not store the battery directly on a concrete floor but okay on a piece of wood acting as a barrier. Safety first.

This thread and your reviews hit the website home page this morning

Well I found out another advantage to using this cart - Playing in the Rain.
Just so nice not to have to push a cart through wet grass.
The M7 Caddy worked flawlessly in the rain as one would expect
We played 3 holes before the rain go so bad that they called us back in.
You can see that I have Stadium Golf Caddy and that gave me a little more room to be under the umbrella.

Think I'm going to pick up a bigger umbrella from MotoCaddy.
Mine is just a little too small and every time I moved, the rain ran down the umbrella and down my back.View attachment 9186146View attachment 9186150
PSA - I think that playing in the rain removed any grease that was on the axles and that is why I got a "Squeaking" noise on Tuesday.
It wasn't the first time after playing in the rain however I'm sure the rain had an effect.

Last night I took the wheels off, wiped them down and apply a little Vaseline and it runs like a champ now.

mine is kept in the garage and thats where i have my charger for the battery and remote. My golf stuff has been summoned to the garage by the boss

PSA - I think that playing in the rain removed any grease that was on the axles and that is why I got a "Squeaking" noise on Tuesday.
It wasn't the first time after playing in the rain however I'm sure the rain had an effect.

Last night I took the wheels off, wiped them down and apply a little Vaseline and it runs like a champ now.
Probably why my wheels appear to be well-greased, my cart doesn’t go out in the rain haha

mine is kept in the garage and thats where i have my charger for the battery and remote. My golf stuff has been summoned to the garage by the boss
My wife doesn’t venture into our finished basement too often so at the moment that is where all my golf items are (including this cart when not in use)

My wife doesn’t venture into our finished basement too often so at the moment that is where all my golf items are (including this cart when not in use)
I used to keep mine in the office which is in the basement but carrying everything up in the morning while trying to sneak out while not waking anyone up

This cart continues to work flawlessly for me, and I’m running out of superlatives to describe it. I haven’t encountered any negatives yet from a functionality perspective. The only two adjustments/recommendations I have relate to the display of the historical scorecards in the app and the hazard distances on the gps unit (would be great if it showed both yardage to hazard and to clear it for all hazards).

My favorite experience with this cart is just seeing the awe and joy on the face of fellow golfers when I walk by with the cart or stop and talk to them about the details of the M7 GPS cart. Their joy is infectious and it carries over to my mood too!

I used to keep mine in the office which is in the basement but carrying everything up in the morning while trying to sneak out while not waking anyone up
If I know I’m playing the next day I’ll bring it up and pack it in car the night before 😀

This cart continues to work flawlessly for me, and I’m running out of superlatives to describe it. I haven’t encountered any negatives yet from a functionality perspective. The only two adjustments/recommendations I have relate to the display of the historical scorecards in the app and the hazard distances on the gps unit (would be great if it showed both yardage to hazard and to clear it for all hazards).

My favorite experience with this cart is just seeing the awe and joy on the face of fellow golfers when I walk by with the cart or stop and talk to them about the details of the M7 GPS cart. Their joy is infectious and it carries over to my mood too!
It's always fun to walk in the clubhouse with your Caddy in front of you and people are amazed by it.
As soon as someone makes a comment about it, I add "And It's got GPS on it"

my cart doesn’t go out in the rain
This. I know it’s probably fine as has been shown by people multiple times. But water and electronic systems overall isn’t something that I’m going to mess with with the amount of money put in to this 😅

This. I know it’s probably fine as has been shown by people multiple times. But water and electronic systems overall isn’t something that I’m going to mess with with the amount of money put in to this 😅
TBH - I figured since MotoCaddy was an United Kingdom company and it rains there quite a bit, there had been some Wet/Dry testing.

TBH - I figured since MotoCaddy was an United Kingdom company and it rains there quite a bit, there had been some Wet/Dry testing.
I get why you’re doing it, just saying I’m too scared to lol

To be fair, I don’t go out in the rain with or without the cart haha

For a year ever I spoke frequently about the battery placement of this unit. Another brand users (I was one) said I was crazy and that it didn’t matter, etc etc. Apparently now it’s finally recognized that I was correct now that the other brand actually switched in part based on the feedback here.

Motocaddy was ahead of the curve and continues to be.

For a year ever I spoke frequently about the battery placement of this unit. Another brand users (I was one) said I was crazy and that it didn’t matter, etc etc. Apparently now it’s finally recognized that I was correct now that the other brand actually switched in part based on the feedback here.

My cart hasn’t come close to flipping and it’s been up and down hills/sidehills. It’s pretty remarkable.

[/QUOT
If /when I get another I will go with one that has the more stable battery placement. But the current placement is not really a big issue and the gyro tracking is useful on our desert courses.

Back