MotoCaddy M7 GPS Electric Caddy

Played a round today with a friend I haven't played with since I got the M7 GPS. He is a fellow diehard push cart guy. We both walked and pushed at the same quick pace formerly. I have a leg up on him now as far as walking pace with the M7 though.

Did not have a chance to try again to pair the phone with the M7 GPS. As soon as I got my stuff out of the car and setup, another friend stopped me in the parking to tell me, in detail, about his and the ringers he brought victory in the scramble that took place this morning. I had to rush to the first tee after that and didn't get a chance to try again to pair my phone.

Use the scorekeeping and stat tracking function again, with ease, over the first 8 holes. Then, on the 9th hole, I managed to turn over the M7 GPS for the 3rd time when I heard a loud fore yell come off the first tee and, when I was not paying attention, ran the M7 into a wash out area just off the cart path and over it went. The battery disconnected in the spill so everything was lost from the first 8 holes. Knowing it was not going to upload to the app since I still don't have the phone paired with the M7, I didn't bother with it the rest of the way.

Played a round today with a friend I haven't played with since I got the M7 GPS. He is a fellow diehard push cart guy. We both walked and pushed at the same quick pace formerly. I have a leg up on him now as far as walking pace with the M7 though.

Did not have a chance to try again to pair the phone with the M7 GPS. As soon as I got my stuff out of the car and setup, another friend stopped me in the parking to tell me, in detail, about his and the ringers he brought victory in the scramble that took place this morning. I had to rush to the first tee after that and didn't get a chance to try again to pair my phone.

Use the scorekeeping and stat tracking function again, with ease, over the first 8 holes. Then, on the 9th hole, I managed to turn over the M7 GPS for the 3rd time when I heard a loud fore yell come off the first tee and, when I was not paying attention, ran the M7 into a wash out area just off the cart path and over it went. The battery disconnected in the spill so everything was lost from the first 8 holes. Knowing it was not going to upload to the app since I still don't have the phone paired with the M7, I didn't bother with it the rest of the way.
Dannnnng that’s not cool. How far away from you was it? I still don’t go full send for some reason and fear of this might be part of it

You gotta keep a better eye on your unit haha

Dannnnng that’s not cool. How far away from you was it? I still don’t go full send for some reason and fear of this might be part of it

It flew over my head. Probably landed about 15 yards past me. Balls ending up in 9 fairway off 1 tee is a pretty frequent occurrence. People actually yelling fore to warn people walking or riding up 9 is not though so I was thankful that they actually issued a warning.

The spot where this device shines for me outside of general use is going down hill. I played a course that has some very steep hills on a couple tee shots and I was a little worried at first and only had it going in the 2-3 range but after a bit, I didnt even notice it was in the 4-5 speed range and was as sturdy as can be going down the hill. It doesnt accelerate at all unless I speed it up, it stays straight and the back balance wheel is such a good add. Battery placement plays a role in this for sure but this is super solid

• Haha
Reactions: Bus
It flew over my head. Probably landed about 15 yards past me. Balls ending up in 9 fairway off 1 tee is a pretty frequent occurrence. People actually yelling fore to warn people walking or riding up 9 is not though so I was thankful that they actually issued a warning.
So, my whole foursome has MGI ZIP Navigators. We were walking down the fairway after our drives. My friend thought he was controlling my cart and inadvertently ran his cart into a wash. No real damage but pretty funny.

Got home and was going to just use some air to blow off the grass like I had done previously. I need to pay better attention to get it all because this spot specifically it a grass trap IMG_5766.jpeg

So I just purchased the MP seven remote I’ve played three rounds with it and so far everything‘s OK. It takes a little getting used to the remote. The cart tends to jolt to the left immediately upon writing itself and when you click the left button it goes nicely to the left but when I click the right button, it goes back to the left I have to hold the right button down to almost make a 90° turn to the right and then will go straight anybody else experienced this? any advice?

So I just purchased the MP seven remote I’ve played three rounds with it and so far everything‘s OK. It takes a little getting used to the remote. The cart tends to jolt to the left immediately upon writing itself and when you click the left button it goes nicely to the left but when I click the right button, it goes back to the left I have to hold the right button down to almost make a 90° turn to the right and then will go straight anybody else experienced this? any advice?
Sounds like your unit is pulling to the left a bit, I would take the unit outside your house where you have some room for it to go in straight line with level ground and use one of the two methods they offer (check owners manual - front wheel correction, motor trimming) to re-align the unit so it no longer pulls to the left.

Last edited:
I inadvertently tested the manual push feature on the M7 GPS electric trolley today. Right before I was turning into the course, it dawned on me that I had forgotten to grab the battery and remote before I left the house. Although it was significantly heavier to push than my previous manual push cart setups, it rolled smooth for the first 6 holes without any issues. Then, on the 7th hole, the back right wheel somehow locked up on me. Even though the wheel was on the axle in the free rolling position, it would not longer turn without significant resistance. I pushed in the button on the wheel to try to pull it off and repostition it on the axle but the wheel will not budge. It will not pull off or push in. It appears a call or email to Motocaddy is my next step. I certainly don't want to try to force anything and cause some serious damage. I luckily I was playing with a rider so was able to throw on with them for the rest of the 9. Put the M7 in the trunk at the turn and just left my bag on the cart and walked the back 9.

At a baseball tournament all weekend and if you know baseball moms you know the importance of a wagon. Pulling this massive thing around a massive complex all weekend had me thinking….Motocaddy has an opportunity here
IMG_5782.jpeg

Check of your right wheel is fully seated into the shear pin. Take the wheel right off, put back on and turn by hand in both directions and the try to pull off. It should not come off if fully seated. Otherwise, sounds like a hardware issue, suggest you reach out to Motocaddy.

I inadvertently tested the manual push feature on the M7 GPS electric trolley today. Right before I was turning into the course, it dawned on me that I had forgotten to grab the battery and remote before I left the house. Although it was significantly heavier to push than my previous manual push cart setups, it rolled smooth for the first 6 holes without any issues. Then, on the 7th hole, the back right wheel somehow locked up on me. Even though the wheel was on the axle in the free rolling position, it would not longer turn without significant resistance. I pushed in the button on the wheel to try to pull it off and repostition it on the axle but the wheel will not budge. It will not pull off or push in. It appears a call or email to Motocaddy is my next step. I certainly don't want to try to force anything and cause some serious damage. I luckily I was playing with a rider so was able to throw on with them for the rest of the 9. Put the M7 in the trunk at the turn and just left my bag on the cart and walked the back 9.

Have you been lubricating the axles every 3 to 4 rounds? I recall earlier in this thread one of the earlier testers had similar issue in that lack of lubrication can cause the axle/wheel to bond. Try a shot of lubricating spray to get wheel loosened. I keep a small tube of Vaseline in my SUV that I re-apply every 3-4 rounds after wiping axle clean with a Kleenex. Let us know how you make out, good luck.

Have you been lubricating the axles every 3 to 4 rounds? I recall earlier in this thread one of the earlier testers had similar issue in that lack of lubrication can cause the axle/wheel to bond. Try a shot of lubricating spray to get wheel loosened. I keep a small tube of Vaseline in my SUV that I re-apply every 3-4 rounds after wiping axle clean with a Kleenex. Let us know how you make out, good luck.

I have not but will certainly give that a try. Thanks for the information!

Raining at the course today so pulled the M7 GPS electric caddy out and brought it in the shop for us to work on. After spaying a lot of lubricant, we were able to free up the locked right rear wheel. Apparently there was a lot of dirt and stuff in there that was hindering the wheel lock mechanism from working properly. Lesson learned and I will be pulling off the wheels and cleaning the axle and inside the wheels every few rounds.

Raining at the course today so pulled the M7 GPS electric caddy out and brought it in the shop for us to work on. After spaying a lot of lubricant, we were able to free up the locked right rear wheel. Apparently there was a lot of dirt and stuff in there that was hindering the wheel lock mechanism from working properly. Lesson learned and I will be pulling off the wheels and cleaning the axle and inside the wheels every few rounds.
I take my wheels off after each round (to invert for storage), so that created a good habit in cleaning the axles and making sure everything is good to go for the next round.

Check of your right wheel is fully seated into the shear pin. Take the wheel right off, put back on and turn by hand in both directions and the try to pull off. It should not come off if fully seated. Otherwise, sounds like a hardware issue, suggest you reach out to Motocaddy.
Turns out my left wheel axle is not turning hence the initial pull left when cart goes forward

Turns out my left wheel axle is not turning hence the initial pull left when cart goes forward
That stinks. Let us know how CS is for you if you go that route. I had the pulling left error at first but it just turns out it was user error when installing the wheels

Well I found out another advantage to using this cart - Playing in the Rain.
Just so nice not to have to push a cart through wet grass.
The M7 Caddy worked flawlessly in the rain as one would expect
We played 3 holes before the rain go so bad that they called us back in.
You can see that I have Stadium Golf Caddy and that gave me a little more room to be under the umbrella.

Think I'm going to pick up a bigger umbrella from MotoCaddy.
Mine is just a little too small and every time I moved, the rain ran down the umbrella and down my back.IMG_1453.jpegIMG_1452.jpeg

Last edited:
Well I found out another advantage to using this cart - Playing in the Rain.
Just so nice not to have to push a cart through wet grass.
The M& Caddy worked flawlessly in the rain as one would expect
We played 3 holes before the rain go so bad that they called us back in.
You can see that I have Stadium Golf Caddy and that gave me a little more room to be under the umbrella.

Think I'm going to pick up a bigger umbrella from MotoCaddy.
Mine is just a little too small and every time I moved, the rain ran down the umbrella and down my back.View attachment 9186146View attachment 9186150
That is awesome and thankfully I havent had to try that function out haha

I know there has been some discussion around the connection issues with bluetooth and found it interesting that I just got this comment on the youtube video I posted showing the use of the screen

1686834324620.png

Link to the video below

I know there has been some discussion around the connection issues with bluetooth and found it interesting that I just got this comment on the youtube video I posted showing the use of the screen

View attachment 9186406

Link to the video below

I haven't had an issue connecting however TBH, I don't connect much, don't see the need.

View attachment 9186406

Link to the video below

I haven’t even tried to connect my phone to the unit during play, no need for phone alerts on the gps screen when my phone is literally sitting 3 inches above that screen in the phone holder haha.

Reactions: J4U
Back