MotoCaddy M7 GPS Electric Caddy

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We saw the info last year, but now it is official and being launched.
Here is the press release
Stay tuned we will have a lot more coming on this very soon.

The revolutionary M7 GPS – part of the award-winning, Motocaddy M-Series range – features a fully integrated, super-fast GPS system with accurate green visuals; front, middle and back distances; plus, hazard information across more than 40,000 pre-loaded courses.

M7 GPS with Pro-Series 20.jpg

In another ground-breaking move, M7 GPS owners qualify for a free 12-month trial of the exclusive cellular-powered Motocaddy Performance Plan*. The upgrade allows golfers to unlock a selection of stunning hi-tech game management features. These include access to full-hole mapping with the ability to move the target for ultimate shot planning; a detailed dynamic Green View showing the shape of the green and greenside hazards with drag and drop pin positions; score and statistic tracking; performance analysis through the free Motocaddy GPS App; real-time course updates to ensure access to the latest mapping; and notifications of software updates with ‘on-the-go’ downloads.

It also incorporates all the benefits of the award-winning M7 REMOTE model including rechargeable handset, removable anti-tip rear wheel and the brand’s cutting-edge Downhill Control technology.

“The new M7 GPS delivers the ultimate caddie experience to give users an edge and seeing how popular the M7 REMOTE was with American golfers, we’re confident that it will be a big hit,” said Motocaddy Marketing Director, Oliver Churcher. “It offers everything a golfer needs to transport their clubs around the course effortlessly, while providing pinpoint yardages and GPS mapping through its super-responsive touchscreen.

“The revolutionary GPS technology pioneered by Motocaddy in 2017 has advanced a great deal in recent years. Today, our cellular-powered Performance Plan combines with the most responsive remote-control technology on the market to take the trolley experience to an exciting new level,” he added.

M7 GPS with Handset 36.jpg

The M7 GPS includes a super responsive, crystal-clear 3.5” LCD touchscreen display usable in all weather conditions, even while wearing a glove. Other features include a clock and round timer, an indication of the par and handicap of each hole, shot distance measurement, automatic hole advancement, score tracking and a battery indicator.

The pocket-sized remote-control handset can move the caddy forward, left, right and in reverse, plus pause and resume. It can also switch instantly from remote to manual control mode and back again if the user wants to control it from the handle like a regular electric caddy via the speed button. In addition to including automatic Downhill Control technology, there is an emergency stop and a handset lock function. The LCD touchscreen also includes an additional battery meter indicating the capacity of the handset.

When connected to the free Motocaddy GPS app, golfers can also receive a wide range of optional smartphone notifications direct to the screen - alerting them to a call, text message, email or range of app alerts, including WhatsApp and Facebook. A preview of message alerts can also be read on-screen.

M7 GPS Frame & Handset 4.jpg

A smartphone can be securely placed in a golf bag pocket and charged using the caddy’s patented USB charging port. In addition to the cellular and Bluetooth® capabilities, other connectivity features include super-fast Over‑the‑Air course and system updates via the built-in WiFi connection.

Equipped with a wider wheel-base than standard M-Series models, the M7 GPS also boasts all terrain tyres for impressive handling across the course. Like all Motocaddy M-Series caddies, it also folds down easily to a compact size for easy storage and transportation.

Powered by a next generation High Power 28.8V system, the M7 GPS has nine speed settings, with speed indicator, plus a super-lightweight waterproof Lithium battery (IP66 water and dust rating) that can be charged without being removed. It also features the Motocaddy's exclusive EASILOCK™ bag-to-caddy connection system that removes the need for a lower bag strap.

The new M7 GPS electric caddy is available now with ULTRA Lithium battery at an RRP of $1,899.

M7 GPS Handset Attached.jpg

If I lived in an area that was receptive to walkers I would seriously consider this. Packed with tech. Useful tech.

Digging the remote location on the top stem in the photos.

The GPS feature has to send this to the top of the market.

Not sure I like that it appears if you want to move targets on the hole for distances that that feature is part of a subscription model.

Its also curious they are going with a wider wheel base as I didn’t think it needed anymore stability and would be concerned from a size standpoint in smaller cars

• Admin
Its also curious they are going with a wider wheel base as I didn’t think it needed anymore stability and would be concerned from a size standpoint in smaller cars

I asked about this. They really didn't need more, as it was already the most stable on market in my opinion, but as it was said to me. Who wouldn't want more stability with no sacrifice?

I asked about this. They really didn't need more, as it was already the most stable on market in my opinion, but as it was said to me. Who wouldn't want more stability with no sacrifice?
How awkward is this thing to maneuver on load and unload? (Maybe not this specific model but the previous as well)

This sounds like it has just about everything you could want and then some. With all the bells and whistles this brings to the table what’s the weight on something like this? Just curious how it would be managing in and out of a vehicle etc.

This thing reads like it is going to be a market leader. Great stuff, thank you.

Sure, more with no sacrifice is great but I’d be curious how much wider. Right now I have no issues fitting the orignal M7 in my trunk, even with the wheels in the wide position. That said, if the wheelbase was say 3” wider, I may have to flip at least one wheel into the ‘tucked’ position to get everything to fit. And to me, if I have to tuck a wheel or two after a round that would be a sacrifice, especially on damp days.

How awkward is this thing to maneuver on load and unload? (Maybe not this specific model but the previous as well)
It’s not awkward in my opinion to load and unload. Even if you are navigating a small trunk, it’s not awkward to move around, just takes a beat to make the puzzle fit in the trunk.

Just curious how it would be managing in and out of a vehicle etc.
I‘ve found it pretty easy to manage in and out of a vehicle. It took a couple of times to figure out the best combination of where to put the M7 and the golf bag to maximize trunk space, but the physical moving of it was pretty easy. With the bars and how it locks down there is a lot of purchase the grab and shift around.

Sure, more with no sacrifice is great but I’d be curious how much wider. Right now I have no issues fitting the orignal M7 in my trunk, even with the wheels in the wide position. That said, if the wheelbase was say 3” wider, I may have to flip at least one wheel into the ‘tucked’ position to get everything to fit. And to me, if I have to tuck a wheel or two after a round that would be a sacrifice, especially on damp days.
The overall dimensions of the width I don't believe is changing too much. Just the positioning of the wheels for stability.

Everything about this electric caddy is just amazing. Kind of seems like a if you can dream it, they can make it situation with everything this unit features.

The overall dimensions of the width I don't believe is changing too much. Just the positioning of the wheels for stability.
That is good to know. It wouldn’t have been fun for folks to not be able to experience how good these are if the overall width increased to where transport was a problem. Good to see that’s not the case.

As a M5 user previously I loved the GPS. I mean loved it. Simple glance down, no need for other devices or using my phone for it. It is fast, had everything I wanted in a GPS and every course I ever visited. Start up the GPS when I got to the course and took the cart out of the trunk. By the time I made it to pro shop or putting green, it was ready to go. Bonus was having my messages come through the screen just in case of an emergency.

Adding the remote makes it blend the ease of M7 with the M5 and I will definitely own one of these.

Pretty excited that the M7 is getting the gps function of the M5. I think this cart is going to set the bar for all carts in the electric cart market.

That is so freaking cool! Probably not enough to get me to upgrade from my current M7, but the GPS is a really awesome feature. Curious how this impacts battery length? Guessing 2 rounds on one charge still won't be an issue?

That is so freaking cool! Probably not enough to get me to upgrade from my current M7, but the GPS is a really awesome feature. Curious how this impacts battery length? Guessing 2 rounds on one charge still won't be an issue?
I was told there wouldnt be a noticeable difference as both devices have a screen

So many terrific options out their it makes it hard to choose between them. This seems to have all the bells and whistles.

As a M5 user previously I loved the GPS. I mean loved it. Simple glance down, no need for other devices or using my phone for it. It is fast, had everything I wanted in a GPS and every course I ever visited. Start up the GPS when I got to the course and took the cart out of the trunk. By the time I made it to pro shop or putting green, it was ready to go. Bonus was having my messages come through the screen just in case of an emergency.

Adding the remote makes it blend the ease of M7 with the M5 and I will definitely own one of these.
If and when the course is inaccurate, how good is the customer service and the timeline to fix it?

What are the folded dimensions with the wider wheelbase? Any accessories included for $1,899?

If and when the course is inaccurate, how good is the customer service and the timeline to fix it?
Have you found this with GPS devices?
I have yet to encounter one but their customer service is fantastic including being on this forum.

What are the folded dimensions with the wider wheelbase? Any accessories included for $1,899?
Yes, accessory pack is included along with a year subscription.

Dimensions.

Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 8.24.48 AM.png

I am very impressed with the improvements as described. I look forward to seeing one of these sooner than later. I will resume play in the next few weeks, and I think the courses near me do allow walking, I will be using my alphard wheels which do the job, but new, easier, etc. My only issue with the alphard it set up/breakdown - it's a very slight pain - takes a few minutes longer, I can definitely live with it. That said the alphard and my old converted Costco cart - take up more space in the car than they should - it's that, my bag, some shoes and my kid's bag - no room for anything else of size. Not a deal breaker - just another 'thing'

Have you found this with GPS devices?
I have yet to encounter one but their customer service is fantastic including being on this forum.
My ShotScope V3 - I have had it twice. Once on the forum I asked and Gavin fixed it and the second time was an email. They fixed / updated them incredibly quick as well.

I play on one very specifically weird course that goes back to front to back to front like a compressed M and it wasn't set up - it was like 50/80 yards off on the middle hole (short)

One of the Arkansas courses must have replaced a green or something because that one was way off too - like 30 yards.

My ShotScope V3 - I have had it twice. Once on the forum I asked and Gavin fixed it and the second time was an email. They fixed / updated them incredibly quick as well.

I play on one very specifically weird course that goes back to front to back to front like a compressed M and it wasn't set up - it was like 50/80 yards off on the middle hole (short)

One of the Arkansas courses must have replaced a green or something because that one was way off too - like 30 yards.
I would expect similar timeline if an issue was present.

I love my M7 but this one with GPS kicks it up a notch on the fun level and just overall ease of use during a round.

Back