Marathon Training

Got a plan yet on what you’re eye-balling this year?
I plan on doing the OKC Full and then maybe something in November. At some point I want to get down and do the Dallas and Houston ones. If you come to OKC we should meet up!

I plan on doing the OKC Full and then maybe something in November. At some point I want to get down and do the Dallas and Houston ones. If you come to OKC we should meet up!
Oh snap!! Yes, I’ll be there end of April! Was going back & forth on Nashville & OKC but OKC was just easier to get to in the end. I’ll reach out closer to time!

Fantastic day in the DFW area today. Sunny 70 degrees! Great 9M easy run.

This evening registered for a few half marathons & the 1 big marathon at the end of the year. Plan is to run 4 half’s (Trail run Lake Possum Kingdom - March, OK City - April, San Diego - June) & 1 more half TBD probably in the fall. Then full marathon, CIM in Sacramento December to end. Goal hopefully will be 3:30. All events have been registered for.

Adding speed work this year & just consistent running splits. Gonna be interesting!!

#NotDoneYet
Track workouts??? Do you have a speed plan? I had great success alternating 400 repeats one week and mile repeats the next. Last track workout is ~3 weeks before the marathon. 12 x 1-mile repeats. Sounds daunting but it's awesome.

Track workouts??? Do you have a speed plan? I had great success alternating 400 repeats one week and mile repeats the next. Last track workout is ~3 weeks before the marathon. 12 x 1-mile repeats. Sounds daunting but it's awesome.
This is this weeks Tempo/Track workouts.

IMG_7482.png

IMG_7483.png

I’m doing the half!! What time you trying to run? Let’s meet up somehow
Sub 2 is the goal. I didn't do great the last couple weeks training with lots of travel.

Sub 2 is the goal. I didn't do great the last couple weeks training with lots of travel.
I think I’ve done enough for sub 2 but would like to try to get close to a 1:50. But like you said don’t know if I did enough for that. I’ll be coming in Saturday afternoon. You running with a group?

I think I’ve done enough for sub 2 but would like to try to get close to a 1:50. But like you said don’t know if I did enough for that. I’ll be coming in Saturday afternoon. You running with a group?
I have a little group I am going up there with. All are going to be faster than me for sure. Mid 8 and sub 8 mile runners.

I have a little group I am going up there with. All are going to be faster than me for sure. Mid 8 and sub 8 mile runners.
Ohhhh I need to find you guys! Maybe they can get me over the hump?!

Ohhhh I need to find you guys! Maybe they can get me over the hump?!
Where are you staying? Weather looks a bit iffy

IMG_1908.jpeg

Pasta time.

Good luck on your race! I'm running my first marathon on June 2nd.

I've run 7 half's and have another half to run on May 18th. I'm not fast though. My fastest half was about 2:21. I run for my brother and he guys he served with. June 2nd would've been his 40th birthday.
Wish you the best.

Good luck on your race! I'm running my first marathon on June 2nd.

I've run 7 half's and have another half to run on May 18th. I'm not fast though. My fastest half was about 2:21. I run for my brother and he guys he served with. June 2nd would've been his 40th birthday.
You’re not running the R&R San Diego by chance?

@Nate you are a beast now man! What corral are you going to try in start in.

Back