ANNOUNCEMENT Looking For Testers – Wilson Dynapower Forged Irons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like a nice set of irons, and sounds like they might hit the sweet spot for the Players Distance iron category. It would be a blast to give them a go for THP test and review, thanks THP and Wilson for the opportunity.

1. Which irons do you currently play? Mizuno JPX 919 Forged
2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? Forged feel, the size sounds to be just right, and the distance/forgiveness from the AI designed variable thickness face and Power Hole 3.0 configuration.
3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? 4 - PW, Steelfiber i95 R

Wow! I am looking forward to reading the thoughts of testers on these. I find Wilson forged irons to be some of the most visually attractive irons, to my eye, on the market. Best of luck to all entering!

1. Which irons do you currently play? Bridgestone JGR HF2
2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? The stopping power with enhanced forgiveness. I had played the C200's years ago and really miss them, these seem to fit the same category for me with more forgiveness and the sleeker design. I'm not one to work the ball so I like the idea of not losing distance with off center hits with the forgiveness.
3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? 5-PW, Nippon Modus 3 120 stiff

1. Which irons do you currently play? Bridgestone JGR HF2
2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? The stopping power with enhanced forgiveness. I had played the C200's years ago and really miss them, these seem to fit the same category for me with more forgiveness and the sleeker design. I'm not one to work the ball so I like the idea of not losing distance with off center hits with the forgiveness.
3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? 5-PW, Nippon Modus 3 120 stiff
I replaced C300 forged with the JGR HF2. Thinking you would like these new Dynapowers if you’re still playing the Bridgestones.

1. Which irons do you currently play? Titleist T350/T200 blended set
2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? "Players Distance" is the iron to have in my bag right now, as I still require the distance to keep me interested in this game, while also needing forgiveness for this old guy's swing
3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW, Recoil Dart 105g

Thanks for the opportunity! @JohnSinVA make sure you enter this one 👍 this would go nicely with the Wilson Driver

Really cool opportunity here! Looking forward to the feedback from everyone selected!

This is going to be so much fun, I really truly can’t wait.

I was fortunate to try these irons, although only for about 25-30 minutes. I happened to be at the PGATourSuperstore when I noticed they were doing a Wilson fitting. Since the store was empty I was chatting with the Wilson rep, who started to fit me while he was waiting for his next appt. In the short time I was there, he fit me into these Wilson Dynapower Forged irons, with KBS shafts. One of the things I found so fascinating was the use of the Wilson AI 7Iron - which gave us so much data. I wish I had more time with the fitter, but his next appt came. But in the time I tested them, these clubs were a pleasure to swing. Very soft feel hitting the balls. I liked that. Part of my problem currently is I have a lot of runout on my iron shots, but I was hitting the Wilsons much higher, without losing distance, and minimized my roll out. I would love to give these clubs a longer test run, because in the time I tested them, I loved what I was seeing.

1. Which irons do you currently play? Callaway Rogue Irons
2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? From my limited testing, I was a big fan of the feel - it was a softer feel than my current clubs. And the distance the clubs were generating were spot on to my current clubs and the other bigger named manufacturer irons that I tested this season. The only difference is the Wilson were giving me a higher launch with shorter rollout without giving up any distance. I was also a fan of Wilson's new AI technology- that generated all sorts of interesting data.
3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? 5 – PW, TrueTemper R300 (but the Wilson fitter tried all sorts of shafts and concluded the KBS 580 series were the best ones for me as they increased my club head speed and allowed me to close my face better leading to more draw shot shape - so this is how I would go if I was selected for this test).

This looks fun. Good luck to those entering.

1. Which irons do you currently play? T100/T150 Combo set
2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? I used to have a wilson 2 iron I loved to play with. These are sleek and compact but when i have seen them they always look big over the ball. Sort of like the TM recent releases. Big sweet spot and I need a forged iron.
3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? t150 4 and 5 t100 6-P LS 6.5 shafts

1. Which irons do you currently play? Takomo 201
2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? I like that they are forgiving and forged. I love the feel of forged Irons but my index has definitely gone up from unforgiving irons.
3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? 4-PW, Rapid Taper 105+S

1. Which irons do you currently play? Cleveland TA5
2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? Distance + Foregiveness + Tour Quality looks. Dynapower Forged irons have what I need. Would fit me perfectly.
3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? Cleveland TA5 5-PW, True Temper Dynagold Sense-core stiff shafts. I desperately need an upgrade to new design/technology.

1. Which irons do you currently play? Cleveland TA5
2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? Distance + Foregiveness + Tour Quality looks. Dynapower Forged irons have what I need. Would fit me perfectly.
3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? Cleveland TA5 5-PW, True Temper Dynagold Sense-core stiff shafts. I desperately need an upgrade to new design/technology.

Really cool opportunity. I've been seeing Wilson get a decent amount of love for their irons this year. Great that THP'ers get to put them to the test.

1. TM P770
2. The variable face thickness interests me the most. I tend to find the toe quite a bit, and would love to maintain as much ball speed as possible.
3. 4-PW, ProjectX 6.0

wow, great opportunity
1. Play Ping G430 and a Ping icrossover
2. Just went to the ping irons last summer. up until then played Mizuno muscle backs. The Wilsons have a great profile and I am looking to play A players distance iron and miss forged :)
3. 3iron Hzrdus smoke 6.0, 5 iron - 50* Alta CB Black

while also needing forgiveness for this old guy's swing
You probably need to seek out a higher power to find that level of forgiveness.

Was doing some research in the Wilson Fit AI and my favorite course about an hour away has it. Didn’t even know they did fittings!

This is awesome! Great looking irons!

1. Which irons do you currently play?
- Cobra Forged Tec X

2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you?
- Being forged definitely piques my interest, but so does the Optimized Power Hole on the longer irons. And honestly, who doesn’t want a fast, forgiving iron?!

3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play?
- 6i through GW, and also carry a 23° utility iron.
- UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4

Finally golf season has arrived!
1. Which irons do you currently play? Ben Hogan PTX Pro

2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? The Power Hole Design in the longer irons. I tend to explore much of the face so having the long irons optimized to help me out with that end of the bag would be very helpful.

3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? 4 - PW, Recoil 125 Prototype F5 +1" 2* up

Wilson continue to put out great releases, and by everything I read these are no different. What an amazing opportunity.

1. Currently playing the Apex TCB, with a Apex 21 in the 4 and 5iron.
2. The Dynapower forged standout as having some significant added forgiveness, as well as likely height and distance, all inside of a player friendly package that is easy on the eyes and soft through impact.
3. Currently I a playing 4 and 5 irons in the more forgiving Apex 21 line, and 6-AW in the TCB. Nippon Modus 105 stiff shafts.

1. Callaway Apex (2018)

2. Players Distance is my jam, so I know the club is right. The real question is how Wilson executed the design to achieve distance, forgiveness and feel in an appropriately sized iron. I’m most interested in the Power Holes and feel.

3. 5-GW, Recoil ZT9 460 / F3

I have a fitting center near me that offers the Wilson fitting service. I will do that if selected.

1. Which irons do you currently play? I currently play the Titleist T300.

2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? The first thing that caught my eye was the topline. I'm a 6 hcp and "should" be playing less forgiving clubs but I just love the rounder profile of this iron.

3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? My current make up is 6-GW and play stiff Xcaliber Rapid Taper 95's.

PARADISE POINTE​

18212 Golf Course Rd
Smithville, MO 64089​

For any KC area people......Wilson Fit AI location

Whoa, this is an awesome opportunity
1. Which irons do you currently play? Mizuno Hot Metal Pro (921 era)
2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? Without question the power hole construction. That's a very unique thing to these irons. I'd also say just in general the fact that they are Wilson. I think an incredibly underrated brand that just isn't a big part of the fitting market so they're tough to know a ton about. I've wanted a thought about moving to a little more player type iron as my handicap is right around 11.7 now which is close to as low as it's been and I'd like to try something that is a tiny bit more "Player" like than what I'm currently gaming, and these sound about perfect.
3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? I have 4-GW, but never play the 4. So I'd probably go 5-GW. I'm currently playing a 95g X Caliber Rapid Taper shaft in all my irons.

Last edited:
1. Which irons do you currently play? Callaway 21 Apex Pro/MB Combo

2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? Improved accuracy, maximum distance, soft responsive feel, higher launch angles, enhanced forgiveness; these are Wilson’s words and they all hit home for me. If I could get more distance, more accuracy and higher launch then these irons are definitely for me.

3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? 4-PW True Temper Elevate 95 MPH Steel Stiff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back