ANNOUNCEMENT Looking For Testers – Wilson Dynapower Forged Irons

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by golfers just like you. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, hybrids, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing. So, who wants to test the new Wilson Dynapower Forged irons?

Untitled-14-copy-1024x692.jpg

The Irons
A couple of months ago we published our review of the new Wilson Dynapower Forged irons and came away extremely impressed. If you missed that feature article and want to catch up on the data and information, you can find it here. But we want even more feedback. To make that happen we want to put sets of irons into the hands of regular golfers, and Wilson has been incredibly gracious to make that happen.

Criteria
We will select a group of 5 THPers to join @Jman and @Hawk to test the new irons. You will be receiving a complete set of your choosing.
You must be able to check in on the forum threads daily (or close to it) to discuss and answer questions.
In a perfect world, you would be able to go through Wilson Fit AI before placing the order, but we understand it is not near everybody as of yet.

You will be reviewing the irons for a period of two months and then they are yours to keep.

How to Signup to Test the Wilson Dynapower Forged Irons
Comment below and answer these 3 questions.
1. Which irons do you currently play?
2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you?
3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play?

We will announce the testers on Friday, April 26th, on the THP Forum. If you want to learn more about Dynapower Forged irons or any of the Wilson products, check out their website at www.wilson.com.

Wilson-Golf-Dynapower-Forged-Irons-13.png

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Incredible opportunity here to test and review some new irons.

This is awesome! Good luck everyone!

Cleveland ZipCore XL

A forgiving players distance iron always sounds good.

7i-PW with stiff flex Modus 105's.

This should be fun. Great opportunity for testing. Good luck, everyone.

I’m excited to see a group of THPers test these.

Mizuno MP-20 MMC

I’m intrigued by the power hole layout on the longer irons. I seem to miss off the toe more often with my longer irons so would like to try these out. My first irons ever were a Wilson box set. Loved them and would love to give these a go! Been playing Mizunos for years now and would love to compare these to my current gamers.

4-PW with Nippon Modus 120 steel stiff shafts.

Last edited:
Awesome stuff and a great testing opportunity! Would love the chance to compare these against the T-Series which IMHO are the line to beat right now.

1. Which irons do you currently play? Titleist T200/T150 blended set
2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? "Players Distance" is the category I've been in for some time now, and the relatively compact headshape and good feel combined with strong ball speed and forgiveness characteristics are exactly the combo I look for in an iron.
3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? T200 4-8, T150 9-G, KBS Tour stiff

Good luck all!

Holy crap this is huge

. Which irons do you currently play? Callaway rogue st max
2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? How they improved on the d9 and used AI for the face and power holes 3.0. Friend uses the d9 and they just perform. Also forged and forgiving is an amazing combo.
3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? Currently 5-aw with true temper elevate 95 shafts in regular

Man I wasn't expecting to be making a play for new irons this morning. Ha. What a testing opportunity first off.
The "more-compact" but techy iron always intrigues me and Wilson is not a brand I've really given a shot too. I even remember the review article dropping and remembering "hey, those actually look pretty good" then, in full disclosure, never followed up on it at all.

1. Which irons do you currently play? - Srixon ZX4/ZX7 combo

2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? - as said the category and buzzwords are all fit my desired profile (players distance, toe weighting, more compact profile, etc.) combine that with the high-tech AI variable thickness mumbo jumbo and if it works as advertised it could be a great combo for my shaky iron play

3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? - 6i -> 9i ZX4s, 9i -> AW ZX7s (2 9 irons due to the split set), KBS $ taper stiff flex

Cool opportunity! My first 2 sets of irons were Wilsons

1. Which irons do you currently play? Srixon ZX5

2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? Forgiveness in a forged players iron is exciting for me and really like the chrome

3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? 4-GW ZX5 with Nippon Neo 950 R flex

1. Which irons do you currently play? Mizuno JPX923 Forged
2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? Wilson nailed the size and shape of these. Some PD irons still can look rather big, but these hit that sweet spot.
3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? 5-GW, Recoil Dart 105F4

Holy crap! I can stress enough that everyone should enter this contest. These are great irons and will fit a lot of golfers! Looking forward to this one!

1. Which irons do you currently play? Callaway Apex 21

2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? My first set of irons were Wilson 1200 GE's (many years ago). Would like to test there new entry into the players distance category.

3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? 6-PW, Steelfiber i95 stiff shafts

This should be an awesome testing opportunity! Excited to see those who are selected.

Heading to PGASS later today. I’ll check to see if they have Wilson Fit AI

What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? 5-GW, Recoil Dart 105F4
When I was looking on the Wilson site it didn't seem like there were a lot of stock graphite options. I saw KBS PGI and some lighter-weight Recoil Darts. If selected to participate would you entertain moving into steel or lightweight graphite? That was one thing gave me pause. My body can't handle steel for extended periods of time anymore. :(

When I was looking on the Wilson site it didn't seem like there were a lot of stock graphite options. I saw KBS PGI and some lighter-weight Recoil Darts. If selected to participate would you entertain moving into steel or lightweight graphite? That was one thing gave me pause. My body can't handle steel for extended periods of time anymore. :(
Nah I’d likely go with what they have available on the graphite side. They picked the shafts they feel pair well for their irons. I’d rather play graphite and not go back to steel if I could.

You can put it into their website to see if they have one.

I have one that's available in the only golf store in town - so that's fancy! I'll give it a shot if I am selected.

Wow!

Ping i25’s.

Forged. Forged. Forged. I like that these look more refined, less “flashy”, and the Dynapower name that’s been around forever. Clean looking irons.

5-PW in the irons, non set GW. Royal Precision 5.5. GW S200. Ping i3 Blade 4 iron thrown in occasionally when the mood strikes.

As a gear geek, I think this is so cool, especially with Wilson's FIT AI (which luckily I have 1 close by!)

-Callaway Apex 21

-As a better player, I love the combination of sleek style and compact looks, combined with speed and tech to help maximize distance, especially throughout the longer irons. I think the D9 irons were great in performance categories, but not necessarily in the "players distance" category. I love the new power holes in the longer irons, while keeping the shorter irons more "traditional". I think these irons are a perfect fit for what I look for in an iron set.

-4-PW with KBS TGI 100

Great opportunity for all here!

The one here in Austin does. Hopefully yours does as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back