ANNOUNCEMENT Looking For Testers – Wilson Dynapower Forged Irons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to the thoughts of forum members with these in hands.

Man I wasn't expecting to be making a play for new irons this morning. Ha. What a testing opportunity first off.
The "more-compact" but techy iron always intrigues me and Wilson is not a brand I've really given a shot too. I even remember the review article dropping and remembering "hey, those actually look pretty good" then, in full disclosure, never followed up on it at all.

1. Which irons do you currently play? - Srixon ZX4/ZX7 combo

2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? - as said the category and buzzwords are all fit my desired profile (players distance, toe weighting, more compact profile, etc.) combine that with the high-tech AI variable thickness mumbo jumbo and if it works as advertised it could be a great combo for my shaky iron play

3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? - 6i -> 9i ZX4s, 9i -> AW ZX7s (2 9 irons due to the split set), KBS $ taper stiff flex
Now that's a wild iron set zx5 to 7 I've seen but 4 to 7? Good luck because that would be an interesting comparison

Back to my roots! My first set of clubs was aluminum shaft Dynapower Wilson Staff.
1) Current irons are Callaway Mavrik
2) AI designed full face forgiveness is something special!
3) Current set is 4-A KBS Tour V

thank you for the opportunity!

1. Which irons do you currently play? Maltbly MMB-17
2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? I like the idea of an iron that has the looks and feel of a players iron, but still uses tech to get low cg and High MOI.
3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? 4 through gap wedge with Xxcaliber Avalon I8 irons.

Lot's of vibe about these Irons - Good Luck to all that enter.

What an awesome testing opportunity! Good luck everyone

1. Which irons do you currently play? Srixon ZX4 MkII

2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? Foregiveness in a compact players iron head along with a soft, forged feel. I love the look of Wilson Staff players irons and these look fantastic.

3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? 5-PW KBS C Taper Lite Stiff

1. Which irons do you currently play? Callaway Mavrik.

2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? Less offset, very appealing ascetically, top line is neither too thick nor too thin, as is the sole. Forged. It looks like plenty of forgiveness is built in making it a GI/players iron hybrid, which is what I am currently looking for.

3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? 7 thru AW (strong lofts or would go with 6-AW). Recoil 660 (though looking to get new irons with lighter shafts), +1.5 inches, 2º upright.

Really looking forward to see folks put these through their paces. My first set was WIlson and it would be fun to be back into them. The local shop had them and they felt fantastic.

1. Which irons do you currently play? Cobra Forged Tec

2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? Power holes to keep speed up on mishits and the weight towards toe where I have a clear pattern of missing my shots. It seems like the AI face will provide coverage out there and I'm also exited to try something compact, yet forgiving, that's not hollow body driven.

3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? 6 thru GW, Accra iseries 110 tour,

Last edited:
Awesome opportunity! Good luck to all that enter.

EXTREMELY excited about this one. I got to hit @Hawk ‘s set at Briggs and even with a shaft setup not for me, there was a lot that surprised me….a lot.

This will be fun, very excited to see who is joining us.

I currently play Takoma 101 forged irons.
What stands out for me on the new dynapower forged are the fact they are forged they offer greater distance and they are more forgiving. They have a bigger sole to help prevent fat shots and I love how they look.
My current iron set is 4 iron to pw and they have a KBS tour lite regular shaft.

1. Which irons do you currently play?
923 forged 4-pw
2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you?
The power holes at the bottom of the club and forging. I tend to thin my irons a bit and this really intrigues me from a forgiveness standpoint.
3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play?
4-pw with the stock dg 105s

This is a fantastic opportunity!

Since I literally just got a new set of irons about 2 weeks ago - not going to throw my name in, but cannot wait to follow along

I'm curious try them. Hoping Wilson can find their way again. The Staff Model ball certainly grabbed my attention after trying it on course yesterday 👀 .

1. Which irons do you currently play? Callaway Apex Pro '23
2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? The toe biased MOI weighting - my predominant miss is toe side. Maybe a little more forgiveness than my Apex Pros while I work through swing changes.
3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? 6-GW, Fujikura Pro95i regular graphite

This is a fantastic opportunity!

Since I literally just got a new set of irons about 2 weeks ago - not going to throw my name in, but cannot wait to follow along
#BagBattle

Great opportunity for some THPers, good luck everyone. I know someone that recently got fit into these irons and is enjoying them. Look forward to the feedback.

1. Callaway Apex Pro

2. The toe side forgiveness with the added weight and the larger toe side power hole

3. 4-PW. Mitsubishi MMT 105 Tour X

1. Which irons do you currently play? Tour Edge Exotics c721
2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? The forgives with the length and the ability to stop the ball on the green.
3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? 5-pw true temper xp85

What an awesome opportunity!!

1. Which irons do you currently play? Ping i230s
Really interested in the variable face thickness which seems like an interesting concept. The power hole layout is also really interesting and seems like it can help with compression

4-PW with DG x100 though 5-Pw should work given the category of these irons

1. Which irons do you currently play?
I currently play the 2020 Titleist T200 Irons.

I used to play the Wilson Fat Shaft irons and loved the feel and solid design. As for the Dynapower Forged irons, I seem to play my best with low CG high MOI irons. I'm interested to see if the Wilson irons can perform more accurately but have the same distance as my T200 irons (due to the more compact design).

I currently play the 2020 Titleist T200 Irons with True Temper AMT White metal shafts (1/4 inch long, .5 degree upright)

Very cool, good luck all!

What an awesome opportunity, Wilson irons are something I've always wanted to try.

Current irons: Ben Hogan Players Combo

What stands out? Wilson have always made good looking irons, and these kept to that tradition even with the chrome finish. I like that they've made a compact, players style iron with the forgiveness everyone is looking for and it's forged for good measure. The power channels are a feature I'd really be interested to see how much they help those wayward toe shots.

Current set make up: 5-PW, Xcaliber Rapid Taper 105 S+ graphite.

1. Which irons do you currently play? None currently but am currently trying out as many as I can to help me with my rehab.(TM demo day coming up at my local course)

2. What stands out in Dynapower Forged that make them seem right for you? I think the low center of gravity allows golfers (Me) to easily get the ball up in the air. As well for someone like me getting older, they allow for higher ball speed off the club face.

3. What is your current iron set make up and shafts you play? I can’t speak for my current set, However I can back track to my last set and say: I had Callaway X-22’s that felt extremely forgiving on missed shots. They were a standard set of Heads on factory shafts. And my previous clubs were Wilson Di9’s on the uniflex TrueTemper shafts. Those were the best set of clubs I’ve ever played with and scored the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back