Status
Not open for further replies.
Picture10-2.jpg

Here is the JL logo alone. It still feels trendy, fresh, clean, formal, innovative.
The more you add to it, the harder it is to maintain all of those feelings.

I think the benefit of a simple logo like JL's or Nike's swoosh is that you can add anything you want to it without diminishing the effectiveness of the logo itself. Throw it on argyle for one project, put it next to a catch phrase for a different project.

But the more detailed and complicated you make the "core" logo, the more you limit yourself in the future.

For example, while I like the argyle motif, are you going to put that on a golf ball, in color? Will it be big enough to be clear? What about a sleeve logo? What happens when argyle goes out of fashion? You don't want to change the logo ever, if you can avoid it.

My opinion --> the logo should be exceptionally simple, and should be recognizable in all black on an all white background. If you have that as your basis, you can create anything around it.

Burton snowboards (The "Process B"):

vinyl-decal-sticker-1765.jpg

Nike (the swoosh):

1040761-nike_swoosh_large.gif

Volcom (stone):

Volcom_Stone_Logo.jpg

^ Bingo!

I think this is why I love the Fourteen Golf logo so much. Just a simple feather that they feature on everything. Then under it talk about Fourteen Golf.

I think this is why I love the Fourteen Golf logo so much. Just a simple feather that they feature on everything. Then under it talk about Fourteen Golf.

Exactly. Start with something very very simple, but totally unique. You can build anything from that.

The Burton "Process B" is probably my all time favorite logo, and a perfect example of how a simply logo can be used in many different ways without losing the core message.

images
images
images
images

_mid_burton_logo_fill_get_lucky_ss_tee_1348446_67724.jpg
3256332_0579c8560f.jpg
221606403_1

BT9-0070-000-six.jpg

burton-atari-new-era.jpg

0f67895b-97b3-4102-afd0-bebf18e80960.jpg

Harry,
Any ideas then?

I have one. But you're not gonna like it.
Spoiler
Picture11-1.jpg

:D

Forget about the name, forget about the letters THP, forget about what it means.

If you (i.e., you graphic designer guys) were going to design a super simple, totally unique logo for a golf related company, what would you design? Remember, you can always put THP or the name, or a sentiment below the logo.

I mean, the Nike swoosh? That's just a big reverse check mark, right? So I would suggest getting away from the whole THP idea in order to restart the creative process.

How about a question mark ? with a golf ball like this but in digital format? Did some research, none I saw has it as a logo. I think it will leave you wanting to know more. dumb? yes or no

question-mark.jpg

questionmark.jpg

THP Media is the place to go for questions about golf, style, pros

p@pLogo.jpg

Or like a P to play off the paradise, the @ obviously for the web, I know this is a small part, I was just throwing out the P more for the idea

I have an idea, but you will have to picture it somewhat in your head from the pictures im about to include.

Start with a blueprint similar to the Boston Celtics logo.. Insert "Hackers Paradise" instead of the writing for "Boston Celtics". The inner white circle can be have dimple's mirroring a Golfball.

Instead of having a Celtics Leprechaun or whatever he is, insert a players swing, and have a Palm tree stretch up from where the players feet would be, and extending it outside of the Logo circle to where the Basketball currently is.

Behind the logo, you can add some crossed swords, or crossed golf clubs... whichever suits.

Boston-Celtics-logo.jpg

PGA%20Tour%20Logo.jpg

Logo15.jpg

Max__s_Hacker_Logo_by_ninjatogo.jpg

Hope I've helped a little, maybe it doesnt need so much detail, but it is compact, and would show people what you are and do, without losing a smart and recognisable brand image..

Now we're cookin'.
Not there yet, but we're at least all on the same page now.

Is there any "paradise" type thing that you guys are particularly fond of. Suns, palm trees, pineapples, hawaiian flowers, etc.?

Is there any "paradise" type thing that you guys are particularly fond of. Suns, palm trees, pineapples, hawaiian flowers, etc.?

I don't know why but palm trees seem too touristy to me, if that even makes sense. It could be because I live in Florida so when I think of a palm tree I think of a post card or an over priced shirt at a beach shop.

I know a lot of people here paradise and think tropical oasis. But what about relaxing, resting, a massage? I have no idea how to do anything with that but I am just wondering if there is anything else besides tropical oasis.

just to go off the simplistic theme/paradise theme, how about something like this:

400_F_14155326_G4YIm6cGZm0WUbPxseE7aQ5nJE9Vu0y1.jpg

Keep thinking, GG.
Meanwhile, I just had a sweet idea about a Hawaiian flower.
I'll try to mock something up...

I know this is going to sound ridiculous but I hate birds and I don't know that I could handle having our logo be a bird.

fair enough GG. if you hate em then i wouldn't want them as your logo, haha. i'm enjoying looking for all kinds of stuff out there on the web anyway.

ancient symbol for the lotus flower which opens and closes with the sun:

Lotus.png

You guy's all just need to step away overnight and it will pop for you in 10 or 12 hours. My head hurts and I've just sidelined, lol. You really are doing great stuff, just don't want someone to go postal. Or, should that read ghraphic?

Maybe it's just me, but when I think of THP - I think of the following about golf - reviews, interviews, instruction, advice, tours, fashion and chat in the following formats - online, magazine, radio.

I think of accessibility to pros - both on tour and Andy, equipment companies, apparel designers and real people. For me - THP is the eyes, ears and mouth of the golf industry so to speak.

I don't think of palm trees, paradise, birds or hackers.

This is just me though.

Maybe it's just me, but when I think of THP - I think of the following about golf - reviews, interviews, instruction, advice, tours, fashion and chat in the following formats - online, magazine, radio.

I think of accessibility to pros - both on tour and Andy, equipment companies, apparel designers and real people. For me - THP is the eyes, ears and mouth of the golf industry so to speak.

I don't think of palm trees, paradise, birds or hackers.

This is just me though.
I know, and nobody does, it's just cool to see the name and sport tied together in an image.
THP can still mean all of those things, but it's refreshing to present it in a fun theme that you don't often see within the golf world.
I think it would make the site feel fresh and progressive, where golf is usually thought of as so classical and structured.

I know, and nobody does, it's just cool to see the name and sport tied together in an image.
THP can still mean all of those things, but it's refreshing to present it in a fun theme that you don't often see within the golf world.
I think it would make the site feel fresh and progressive, where golf is usually thought of as so classical and structured.
I'll go back to one of my earlier examples.
rocketgolf.jpg

The company obviously isn't about rockets, and I'm sure they don't want you to think about rockets.
But it's so cool to see the name integrated in the logo in such a clever way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back