Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen a lot of their stuff and I think thats how I see THP, a lot like how JL designs his stuff. Everything I have seen them do has been classy, yet different. Thats what I see in THP.

my point is, nothing they do has a golf club, ball, flag on it but they marketed their product and now people think golf when they see it

31UimungqyL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I know we are having trouble getting on the same page, but I love the site and I really want to help.
Here's what I do when I'm starting to think about a new project.
What are three words (feelings) you want to convey, and three you definitely don't.
If I were answering for you, I would say I want it to be bold, trendy, and fresh. And not quiet, traditional, or conservative.
Would you agree with those words?

I know we are having trouble getting on the same page, but I love the site and I really want to help.
What are three words (feelings) you want to convey, and three you definitely don't.
If I were answering for you, I would say I want it to be bold, trendy, and fresh. And not quiet, traditional, or conservative.
Would you agree with those words?

If I had to think of only 3-4 words I would say Golf, Style, lifestyle, bold,

my point is, nothing they do has a golf club, ball, flag on it but they marketed their product and now people think golf when they see it

31UimungqyL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
JL is a perfect example, and one that I planned to bring up soon.
The THP from the buckles is so similar to it, and both communicate a lot in themselves.

JL is a perfect example, and one that I planned to bring up soon.
The THP from the buckles is so similar to it, and both communicate a lot in themselves.

I saw a golfer wearing a sweater with JL on it and HAD to find out what company it was. Not just becauseof the JL but the style of the sweater too. Then I saw the JL on another sweater and though, what a great logo to be able to sum it up into 2 letters

Again my thoughts on JL are the same as on any company selling goods. You know what the logo stands for because you are staring at the goods it is logo'd on. For our situation that is just not the case.

If I were answering for you, I would say I want it to be bold, trendy, and fresh. And not quiet, traditional, or conservative.Would you agree with those words?

i think you're spot on with your assessment here. that's why i have been so adamant about my ideas (i know it seems selfish) but it has to be something that is striking and memorable. JB and GG are both huge into fashion (bold and trendy), hence my push for argyle. they are both young and fresh as is this site, and for me that's why i like the belt buckle design inside the oval. the oval is just much more marketable as a shape. what i recommend JB and GG think about is the font of "thp". font's huge. look at every major golf brand out there, they all have their own unique font (think callaway, titleist, taylormade). i dunno, my brain hurts at this point.

Again my thoughts on JL are the same as on any company selling goods. You know what the logo stands for because you are staring at the goods it is logo'd on. For our situation that is just not the case.
But it is!
Nobody will see the logo by itself. It will automatically be associated with colors, fonts, structure, etc. of everything around it.

did this one go unnoticed or was it just uncommentworthy (I make up words on the spot).

no, it didn't go unnoticed setho. i like the idea just not the biggest fan of big block letters (although, you already knew that).

JB, the only disagreement I have on your last point is.....1 day after joining "The Hackers Paradise", I have not referred to it by anything more than THP since. I like the ring and so I think, your right, you are not marketing it on "products" but your magazine is a product, and anything you print, give away, flash drives at the PGA show, you will be using it like crazy.

I understand what you are saying though, just throwing my 2 cents out there.

But it is!
Nobody will see the logo by itself. It will automatically be associated with colors, fonts, structure, etc. of everything around it.

That is only from the side you are seeing. This logo is about our service side of this business as well as the website.

You hit the nail on the head with your next sentence. Colors, fonts, etc...The belt buckle had absolutely no color and nobody outside of this site has any idea what it is.

I am sorry you disagree and respect your thoughts, but I have said before, that I do not want to use the buckle logo as it is as our logo. We are fans of the font, but want more.

Picture10-2.jpg

Here is the JL logo alone. It still feels trendy, fresh, clean, formal, innovative.
The more you add to it, the harder it is to maintain all of those feelings.

Picture10-2.jpg

Here is the JL logo alone. It still feels trendy, fresh, clean, formal, innovative.
The more you add to it, the harder it is to maintain all of those feelings.

Again, I will say this, that it is a brand that is established and I like their logo.

But it is NOT what we want.

Again, I will say this, that it is a brand that is established and I like their logo.

But it is NOT what we want.

fair enough JB, but what do you want? what have you liked the most that you've seen? do you like the oval, square, no defined shape? what font would you like to see as far as the "thp" goes? do you like the argyle in the background or do you think it's unnecessary?

So far here is what we do like. We actually very much like the THP font that is used in the buckle. We are not married to it by any means, but like it quite a bit. I very much like the way the letters worked in Setho's last one as well, but was not crazy about the blocky font.

I love the argyle, but as has been mentioned before, the other side of it is reproducing that if we decide to take it to apparel or hats is very very hard because of the smaller logo that it becomes.

So far here is what we do like. We actually very much like the THP font that is used in the buckle. We are not married to it by any means, but like it quite a bit. I very much like the way the letters worked in Setho's last one as well, but was not crazy about the blocky font.

I love the argyle, but as has been mentioned before, the other side of it is reproducing that if we decide to take it to apparel or hats is very very hard because of the smaller logo that it becomes.

what if the argyle was just bigger, surely that could be easily reproduced. i also think that if you do decide on some sort of argyle design you could also use it in the magazine (like in the bottom corners to indicate page numbers or something). i like the belt buckle logo a lot, just think it needs to be not so blocky. i really feel like we're all getting close. does the oval shape work for you or would you like to see something different? if the oval shape works then perhaps we could try to come up with some way to take the buckle logo and make it a little more oval shaped to fit that theme?

I like the lettering as well, and maybe you hit the nail on the head in that it is very blocky and could flow a little better for a logo. I too like the argyle, but as mentioned, when shrunk down is very hard to work with. I did like the idea of a single piece of argyle near the lettering, but it is not necessary.

Our 1st thought with the oval was how very cool it was, but in the end, we believe that it may fall flat because once again the size and overall branding. We liked it from the aspect of being able to add more designs and incorporate more, but it eliminates the modern and bold side of things.

Now I have gone back and read this entire thread and I must say that people have great ideas and great images. But is that not the point of threads like this? To brainstorm and have ideas and if someone like me disagrees then so be it and lets move on to the next design. It is not a knock on the abilities of the designer or anything else.

The problem is not your guys fault, it is mine and GG's fault because we have a vision, but we do not know how to describe it or put it into words. We will know it when we see it. Hence the reason that we said if someone did come up with the inspiring piece or the logo we would reward them to the best of our ability.

I will give you guys an example. Fourteen Golf has an amazing logo with that feather. It works because it is simple, elegant, and has a great color pattern. It did not happen because the creators had some ideas and designers put them down. It evolved into that by brainstorming much like this.

Perhaps we are going about this the wrong way with trying to incorporate the THP and perhaps it should be just a symbol or design that sums it up. We can always add the THP after the fact. I want it to say THP Media, golf style, golf lifestyle, and everything else all rolled up into one.

Thanks for everybody's patience.

Let me rephrase a little bit. I think too much focus has been put on the letters T H P and not the design. We can add the THP to anything. Lets focus on one logo or form away from the THP and see what we come up with.

Let me rephrase a little bit. I think too much focus has been put on the letters T H P and not the design. We can add the THP to anything. Lets focus on one logo or form away from the THP and see what we come up with.
Ahh, I like hearing that.
For some reason I was under the impression that you wanted to keep the THP, and also add something else to it.

Here are a few of my favorite golf-related logos for inspiration:
british-golf-museum-logo.gif

SkyCaddie-logo-design.jpg

spartans.jpg

rocketgolf.jpg

palm.jpg

I've been throwing around lots of "paradise" ideas as well.
I think a simple connection between golf and paradise is all we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back