Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally see your point there. And I really do want to keep it clean and simple. I do want to be recognized with golf but I don't want it to be cheesy either if that makes sense.
Completely makes sense GG. That's why I think we should come up with something perhaps a little out-of-the-box. Just the fact that it hasn't been done before will communicate the modern/style you are after.

I totally see your point there. And I really do want to keep it clean and simple. I do want to be recognized with golf but I don't want it to be cheesy either if that makes sense.

makes total sense GG. be patient with what setho's working on, i think he has a pretty good idea of what you guys are after.

here's an example of the new argyle pattern he'll be implementing for the background:

argylewallpaper.jpg

Here's another solution I came up with, made possible by the letter H.
Picture6-8.jpg

It's nice to incorporate the typography when you can, automatically unifies the whole thing.

The ball on that one looks a little too much like a putter company logo in my opinion. Sizemore golf.

Haven't had my laptop for a few days so I'm playing catch up. However I like the first redo version of the logo that SethO did in green. Simple and to the point, if a logo gets to busy people trend to ignore it.

You're right, didn't realize that.
It could always lose the lines, I think the connection would still be made.
Picture7-6.jpg

My worry is with the argyle pattern itself. if it is any smaller than that size, you won't even be able to tell what it is.
Just imagine trying to embroider something like that 2 inches wide on a polo shirt.

can't you come up with a larger style of argyle for the background? we're obviously amateurs at this and are trying to put stuff out there. maybe i'm totally going in the wrong direction. why not use the thp belt buckle logo, the oval shape, throw in a larger style argyle and see what you can come up with. to me it seems as though you have the capability to really improve the things that we've come up with but are choosing not to improve them b/c you simply don't like it. if that's the case then that's fine, but just say it.

I hope I am not being overly critical, because we love so many of the designs, but this one looks like it says "Tip" more than "THP" to me.

can't you come up with a larger style of argyle for the background? we're obviously amateurs at this and are trying to put stuff out there. maybe i'm totally going in the wrong direction. why not use the thp belt buckle logo, the oval shape, throw in a larger style argyle and see what you can come up with. to me it seems as though you have the capability to really improve the things that we've come up with but are choosing not to improve them b/c you simply don't like it. if that's the case then that's fine, but just say it.
It's not that I don't like it, that's actually quite irrelevant.
The question in logo design is whether it is appropriate, and communicating what you want.
If JB and GG decide an oval with argyle and THP inside is the right solution, so be it. Then we can start tweaking that idea.
I just don't think that is the best solution to the problem.
I think instead of trying to play around with the existing concepts, we should be coming up new concepts, then we can decide which one is best, then we can tweak.

I hope I am not being overly critical, because we love so many of the designs, but this one looks like it says "Tip" more than "THP" to me.
Yeah, that idea is out.

It's not that I don't like it, that's actually quite irrelevant.
The question in logo design is whether it is appropriate, and communicating what you want.
If JB and GG decide an oval with argyle and THP inside is the right solution, so be it. Then we can start tweaking that idea.
I just don't think that is the best solution to the problem.
I think instead of trying to play around with the existing concepts, we should be coming up new concepts, then we can decide which one is best, then we can tweak.

that makes sense. hopefully you'll come up with something that brings it all together.

I just want to say that the time and effort you all are putting into this is just amazing and it beyond appreciated! I am so impressed by the skills you have and just can't say thank you enough for helping us and dealing with us, it's just awesome!

that makes sense. hopefully you'll come up with something that brings it all together.
Thanks for understanding.
I didn't realize how rude my post may have sounded until I re-read it. Sorry about that.
Just for closure, here's something like what you were after:
Picture9-3.jpg

And we could make a thousand of these, each more beautiful than the last, but what's the point if we're just going further in the wrong direction?

I didn't realize how rude my post may have sounded until I re-read it. Sorry about that.
Picture9-3.jpg

And we could make a thousand of these, each more beautiful than the last, but what's the point if we're just going further in the wrong direction?[/QUOTE]

you don't have to reiterate, i got your point the first time around.

Sorry. I have to stop doing that.

Ok I am totally torn right now. I think that logo you (JL) just did is awesome and I actually really like the blue over the green but our magazine designer brought up a decent point, reproducing the argyle later will be vertually impossible. Meaning it would be too hard to shrink that and make it look good on a hat or shirt or what have you assuming of course we wanted to use it for merchandising.

JB still really likes the three you did earlier with just the letters and a small design, however, those particular designs (ball, flag, argyle patch) weren't quite right but he thinks with the right design that could be exactly what we are looking for. My head is spinning trying to figure all this out at this point, you all are so damn talented!

Picture9-3.jpg

And we could make a thousand of these, each more beautiful than the last, but what's the point if we're just going further in the wrong direction?

This is starting to come around a bit, I am horrible with graphic designs...is there any way you can size down the Argyle and put it in THP color scheme we have been using.

And one reason you make a thousand of these is to perfect it. You dont know the direction until you SEE it, when you see it, that could be the decision maker. This is the face of THP and so I think it needs to be perfected for a decsion to be made

Ok I am totally torn right now. I think that logo you (JL) just did is awesome and I actually really like the blue over the green but our magazine designer brought up a decent point, reproducing the argyle later will be vertually impossible. Meaning it would be too hard to shrink that and make it look good on a hat or shirt or what have you assuming of course we wanted to use it for merchandising.
Here's what I think you should do.
You don't need a logo. The THP in itself is sufficient for the pure logo. It is clear, simple, and obviously very versatile.
What you're looking for is a corporate identity.
Maybe what we should be coming up with is a collection of pattern (probably argyle), colors, fonts, shapes, etc. that all work well together and communicate what you are looking for.
The argyle I used is a simple Illustrator swatch, it can be applied to anything and in any size. You would be able to use it for whatever you need, just like a font. And the colors within the argyle can make for a fine color scheme.
Maybe the website and magazine can be dressed up with argyle and ovals, but something like a polo shirt can be stripped down to just a small THP and nothing else.
Know what I mean?

Here's what I think you should do.
You don't need a logo. The THP in itself is sufficient for the pure logo.

We disagree completely on this. It is something we are definitely going to do. We have quite a bit going on here at THP Media, Inc. and we need that logo attached to all of it.

I guess I don't understand why you are dissatisfied with just the THP from the buckles.

I guess I don't understand why you are dissatisfied with just the THP from the buckles.

We are not dissatisfied with the THP from the buckles, but we do want a little more from our logo. My opinion only, but the THP buckles were not that big of a hit and sure part of that is because not a ton of people wear buckles, but that was something for our forum members as part of THP. We are looking for something that describes us a little more.

Clearly you disagree and I respect your opinion despite not sharing it.

Anyone know what company this is?????

jl-golf-belt-j-lindeberg-white-slater-timberlake.jpg

Anyone know what company this is?????

jl-golf-belt-j-lindeberg-white-slater-timberlake.jpg

Not by the buckle, but I cheated and read the belt.

The great part is all the brainstorming going on and the ideas being passed about. It seems like we're looking to create something simple, yet easy to identify. I keep having thoughts go through my head but I still have to put them into motion.

Edit: I actually didn't realize that their symbol is the a merged JL until looking at it for a little bit.

That is JL's logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back