Status
Not open for further replies.
Tcallaway came up with this design and I put the argyle in the background.

LogoArgyleTC.png

Seth-

Is it possible to have that same background (the oval) and the green background and everything but with the THP belt buckle font?

That can be done.

man, you're a trooper. i hope everyone knows/appreciates how much setho's done for this. he's a good dude! keep up the good work buddy.

man, you're a trooper. i hope everyone knows/appreciates how much setho's done for this. he's a good dude! keep up the good work buddy.

Setho has been wonderful as has everybody else. You guys are what makes this place the place that it is.

Oh, I do he is absolutely amazing! He put up with me and my constant needy requests when he designed our business cards. He's awesome and I sure hope you (Seth) know how much team THP appreciates your time and efforts :clapp:

Oh, I do he is absolutely amazing! He put up with me and my constant needy requests when he designed our business cards. He's awesome and I sure hope you (Seth) know how much team THP appreciates your time and efforts :clapp:

Thanks GG and JB. I definitely feel the love.

Setho you are doing a great job buddy! I just sent my bro an argyle pattern that I think will make the biggest difference in the world. He is going to email it to you. You guys are going to love the look, its going to make it look even classier

Setho you are doing a great job buddy! I just sent my bro an argyle pattern that I think will make the biggest difference in the world. He is going to email it to you. You guys are going to love the look, its going to make it look even classier

Can't wait to see it! I don't know how much time I will have to work on anything today. I may not be able to do anything till after work.

Work?!? Whats that?

The anticipation is killing me....hehe

yeah, if setho implements this particular pattern, or his interpretation of it, it might make a ton of difference. that with the "thp" buckle logo in the oval design is going to look great. old school meets new school! hopefully it'll be something that memorable, and that's what we're after.

yeah, if setho implements this particular pattern, or his interpretation of it, it might make a ton of difference. that with the "thp" buckle logo in the oval design is going to look great. old school meets new school! hopefully it'll be something that memorable, and that's what we're after.

Now the anticipation is truly killing me!!!!

What exactly is this logo going to be used for?
These designs with patterns and whatnot aren't really practical for normal logo usage. Remember, it should be recognizable in all sizes, as well as grayscale and probably B&W.

It sounds like the consensus is with argyle in some capacity though, right?

They will be used as an overall identifier with our brand and company. They may in the future be used as part of some merchandising as well, but that may not be the case.

We do love the argyle because it shows off style (IMO), if it is something without it that we love, that works too.

Logo?

Logo?

Stealing from everyone here - I tried to recreate the THP belt buckle the best I could... This is what I came up with:

4349033532_0fe141d1aa_o.png

Grey Scale would be easy, as would B&W.

Last edited:
I like where it is headed, but the lettering is a little off. Just my opinion of course, I will wait to here from the boss.

I like where it is headed, but the lettering is a little off. Just my opinion of course, I will wait to here from the boss.

Yeah the round part on the right is off - I tried to make it like the logo on the buckle but proved pretty difficult with the limited skillz I have. I ended up making it more circle like... You could even put a golf ball there with the circle ;)

Colors are easy to change as well, if you don't like the black and grey (I took the grey from the buckle itself)

What exactly is this logo going to be used for?
These designs with patterns and whatnot aren't really practical for normal logo usage. Remember, it should be recognizable in all sizes, as well as grayscale and probably B&W.

It sounds like the consensus is with argyle in some capacity though, right?

Well, I think Argyle was an instant eye popper for everyone, so I think it should be there. But you said that these designs are not practical, I must say I have to disagree. If the logo gets marketed and seen by all who see The Hackers Paradise, then the THP in the oval will be the main focus. Doesnt matter color, or background, or size. But the THP will be recognizeable and memorable. So, if its put on a belt buckle, It will be noticed as The Hackers Paradise. Therefor the logo will have done its job, by "branding" the company. Thats the goal. Also, JB and GG have asked that it shows that THP is not just about clubs and reviews, but it is a lifestyle. So, the argyle kind of gives off that lifestyle. It will easily print on a business card, a magazine, a newspaper. Even apparel for that matter, so I dont see why its NOT practical. Please dont take this the wrong way, I dont mean for it to sound mean or argumentative, I am just throwing my point out there. :D

Well, I think Argyle was an instant eye popper for everyone, so I think it should be there. But you said that these designs are not practical, I must say I have to disagree. If the logo gets marketed and seen by all who see The Hackers Paradise, then the THP in the oval will be the main focus. Doesnt matter color, or background, or size. But the THP will be recognizeable and memorable. So, if its put on a belt buckle, It will be noticed as The Hackers Paradise. Therefor the logo will have done its job, by "branding" the company. Thats the goal. Also, JB and GG have asked that it shows that THP is not just about clubs and reviews, but it is a lifestyle. So, the argyle kind of gives off that lifestyle. It will easily print on a business card, a magazine, a newspaper. Even apparel for that matter, so I dont see why its NOT practical. Please dont take this the wrong way, I dont mean for it to sound mean or argumentative, I am just throwing my point out there. :D

While I agree with most of what you say, we still want to make sure that it says golf somehow or is implied. That is what my struggle is right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back